Ten Worst Cars In U.S. History.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I thought this Ten-Worst was pretty spot on, although I would have made a couple of changes. Your list of your own Ten Worse American Cars The comments about the '74 Mustang II were interesting.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Farrah sure made it look GOOD!
qpmmtds1t5q11.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mustang II is dogs hot for sure but it was a hit at the time and saved the mustang. The mustang probably would have gone the way of the torino if not for the mustang II..
Yep! That's the way I see it, too. I never like it, visually, but it did serve an important purpose in the Mustang lineage.

Came here to say Aztec, didn’t leave disappointed;)
A friend of ours had one many moons ago, and it was hideous. She bought it used and probably got a super deal on it. But man, yuck!

I still think the cobras look pretty good.

Mustang10.jpg
Yep, it was a rather good looking car at the time, but hood scoops, bold stripes, bold model name, and bold snake graphics couldn't make up for snail like performance. LOL.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
My dad has a '58 Edsel Corsair rusting away somewhere, but I honestly felt like that car was ahead of it's time. With the push button shifting and I thought when you'd close the door, there was a little metal flap that would seal the window was pretty cool.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a funny story about the Aztec.

There was a Japanese national in my business school class that was sponsored by a Japanese bank. The foreign nationals are babied like you would not believe. They moved his whole family over to the US, bought him a house, paid his salary and his tuition.

Breaking Bad was on at the time and they thought the Aztec was the hot car at the time. For a Japanese it probably looked incredibly exotic considering they have very little exposure to American cars or SUVs. Perhaps it was reminiscent of a radioactive lizard that destroyed his hometown.

So that was the car that the baller Japanese bank bought my classmate. A ****ing Aztec. He now works 100 hours a week and hates his life.

OX1

Established Member
Yep! That's the way I see it, too. I never like it, visually, but it did serve an important purpose in the Mustang lineage.

A friend of ours had one many moons ago, and it was hideous. She bought it used and probably got a super deal on it. But man, yuck!

Yep, it was a rather good looking car at the time, but hood scoops, bold stripes, bold model name, and bold snake graphics couldn't make up for snail like performance. LOL.

In Fords defense, the 77 Vette was only 210 HP. A single purpose use (to go fast and that was it) built sports car. It was a horrible time for HP, overall.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
In Fords defense, the 77 Vette was only 210 HP. A single purpose use (to go fast and that was it) built sports car. It was a horrible time for HP, overall.
At that time, 210hp was pretty big. Tough days for horsepower. The 1974 Mustang II put out 88hp (105hp with the optional V6). The 1976 King Cobra put out 139hp. Nobody back then ever thought/dreamed of Mustangs some day making 760hp, or Challengers making 717-807hp from the factory. (y)(y)

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Idk what the **** Pontiac was thinking with that abomination

oldmachguy

Established Member
I was born in ‘61. The mid ‘70s through the 1980s were the absolute worst for car guys. Every car coming out of Detroit was a rattle trap, anemic POS. Z28’s were base cars with resonators and a stripe package. Vega’s were good only for a V8 swap. Mustang II’s were complete shit. And don’t get me started on the f’g velvet interiors. Jesus. The whole thing was a painful.

Users who are viewing this thread