Termi DD?

BAR7MAN

Established Member
I want to get an 03 04 cobra but i dont know if it would be practical as a DD. Im in NY. Ive also been looking into STi's. Two totally diff cars but i like them both a lot. You guys think it would be a mistake to DD a cobra in new york? Anyone here DD a cobra where it snows during the winter? Thanks

03cobrah

Established Member
I want to get an 03 04 cobra but i dont know if it would be practical as a DD. Im in NY. Ive also been looking into STi's. Two totally diff cars but i like them both a lot. You guys think it would be a mistake to DD a cobra in new york? Anyone here DD a cobra where it snows during the winter? Thanks

since it a dd in new york i'd have to say STi, are you looking for just a stock dd? or your looking to mod it eventually? i'd go with a evo over the sti jmo

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I'd hate to DD my car. Sorry, but for a daily I want something quiet, smooth riding, and with an automatic. The Cobra is my "fun" weekend car.

Just my .02 :shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If it weren't for the winter snow, I'd have absolutely no problem with daily driving a Terminator. I wouldn't be able to drive it enough. Back when I had my '03, from April through November it was my daily driver. I personally could easily sacrifice quiet/smooth/automatic for the thrill of the Terminator experience......daily. ;-) :rockon:

For our neck of the woods, though, a Terminator isn't at all practical during the winter months. So you might either want to consider another car with AWD for year round use, or buy a Terminator for most of the year and a beater for the winter.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Drove an 03 Cobra daily for 5 years, loved it, however that time was spent in Hwaii and Florida, so no white stuff. I can see the 03/04 not doing very well in that stuff.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
Im in the same boat man. I want to buy a 2011 GT so bad but it will hurt alot to have it sit for 6 months without driving it. I have also considered a STI its really the only other car I would like to own that doesnt have a V8.

BAR7MAN

Established Member
Whatever I get, I don't plan on modding too much. Probably just exhaust and that's about it, maybe a few small bolt-ons, I don't know. But yeah, I don't really want to chance a cobra in the snow, if I even have to go out in the snow. I have a beater right now, so idk if I can afford to keep both insured and registered and maintained.

StangSteph

Established Member
If you get the cobra, make sure to have a beater for the winter. Dont even chance the car in the snow, not worth it, with the chance of sliding and faster chance to rust. my bf loves subaru's in the snow lol

BAR7MAN

Established Member
Yeah, I guess a cobra is not practical right now. I don't even have a garage that I would be able to keep it in for the winter.

truefiveo

Established Member
If traffic sucks, don't do it.

+1 Im starting to hate driving my loud ass 5 speed GT in traffic.
And I'm sure the cars around me are sick of smelling my catless exhaust fumes, while im in my car with the windows up with A/C blowing ice cold.:burnout:

Never_Enough

Established Member
Good tires & you'd be fine, but I got sick of DDing a manual so I got my GC in auto.

Consider an MS6? AWD turbo like an STi, but you get all the bells & whistles along with a more comfy ride. I got mine new & have loved every minute of owning it.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
i dd my car for two years in the ny/nj area and never had one problem, even drove in the snow a couple times really really slow. if you take care of these cars they take care of you. and being in long island isn't really bad at all

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
DD'd mine but not as bad as weather here as NY. I hate having a slow, quiet daily driver, makes me want to gouge out my eyes when i know i cant pass a big-rig in less than 2 seconds. Hell even my GST makes me angry at life somedays when im stuck behind a line of bigrigs doing 35 in a 55 two lane highway and peeking over the oncoming going "if i had 450whp, id pass all these bitches in the quickness.....but nooo, im stuck with 200hp and would end up a smear on that oncoming bigrigs grille thats still 2mi away!"

Id get an Evo if i needed awd. STi are nice but a pita to mod and insanely expensive mods to boot; Evo is rather cheap, 4g63 is tried and true and aftermarket support and knowledge is plentiful.

BAR7MAN

Established Member
Well whatever I wind up getting will DEFINITELY be manual, because I hate driving automatic! I am rarely stuck in traffic so I don't really have to worry about that. It is really just the weather. Which I barely even go out in the snow anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread