termi power steering cooler location and effectiveness

YELOSNK

Established Member
I'm considering replacing the finless power steering cooler on my '01 Cobra with the 03/04 Cobra unit, as I am boiling fluid when doing track days. In assessing this I'm trying to see where your cooler actually sits. Based on the shape it looks like it is positioned towards the bottom or at the bottom of the radiator with the tubes/fins horizontal. Is that accurate?

And then for those who have used your car for track days, has this cooler been sufficient?

I otherwise might just get an ~11x6 fin-and-plate and get something fabbed up to mount it in the hole between the bottom of the bumper and the radiator.

01yellercobra

Established Member
JMO, I'd go with your second idea. You're correct about the placement though. I think sourcing one would be a bit of a pain.

YELOSNK

Established Member
JMO, I'd go with your second idea. You're correct about the placement though. I think sourcing one would be a bit of a pain.

Thanks. LMR says they have the 03/04 one at $130. Pricey for what it is, but I was thinking it would maybe be less of a hassle to get set up. But I wouldn't want to go that route if it still won't be sufficient.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Cx racing sells a nice little cooler that mounts to the bottom of the crash bar I’d check that out. No experience with it just saw it

olympic

Established Member
My original sprung a leak so I replaced it with a universal cooler mounted to the crossmember with some riv-nuts and bolts. Moving the cooler upwards (with some custom brackets) in front of the condenser would improve airflow and performance. The part# was Derale 13220 but there's plenty of different sizes available if you search on Summit Racing.

20190704_192322.jpg

20191011_041158.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread