termi shutting down at stop

HELLRAZR209

Established Member
hi guys, Im not sure if this is the right place for this but thought id give it a try. for some reason when I come to a stop the rpm's drop and the car shuts off. its only happened a few time but does anyone have any idea what it could be? thanks for the help.

Blueline

Established Member
Check your IAC, clean it and clean the MAF. Could also be in the tune, did it do it all along, or just start.

HELLRAZR209

Established Member
check your iac, clean it and clean the maf. Could also be in the tune, did it do it all along, or just start.

thanks for the advice man, i will check both of those things. And it just started doing it. Do you think it mite have to do with the tune?

dvtr-

Established Member
lmao, check the thread right below this one. I was having a similar problem. I cleaned the MAF and IAC but in the end what really sorta fixed it was getting a new IAC. The reason i say "sorta" is because although i am no longer having rpm issues it sometimes now idles at 1700 rpms when coming to a stop for about 3 seconds then goes down to normal rpm range. Its like now its doing the opposite of what it used to, lol. Ill be checking with my tuner next week on the issue.

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
Some people get offended if you call it a termi instead of a terminator. If you recently disconnected the battery for an extended amount of time it has to relearn the idle. Another thing to check is if your TPS voltage is set at .98 when the car is on but not running.

nrmustang

Established Member
Hey Sammy,

I seriously doubt its the tune. It's been on the same tune for well over a year and a half now, and Shaun at AED knows his stuff. I actually swapped out the IAC for a brand new FoMoCo unit when I had it tuned. Like the other guys said, I'd try cleaning the MAF first.

One other thing that may be giving you trouble is the MAFia. I installed a brand new one when I had it tuned, and all was well. However, I have read that those regularly go out. If that's the case, you've got two options:

1. New MAFia
2. New SCT MAF or equivalent

And IF thats whats acting up, you'll have to have the new one tuned. Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread