Terminated Bullitt

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
I re-used the cut cobra springs in the front from the red car.

I also used stock cut GT springs for the rear.

It's all temporary. When I go to swap engines the plan is to do the Longtubes, tubular K member and control arms with new struts and coil overs.

When the IRS comes back in a few weeks I will be going coil over in the rear as well.

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
Not really.

I have someone interested in the 2v currently in the car.

I was just going to cruise the car this summer, but this guy is highly interested in purchasing the engine. Which gives me a nice chunk to buy more parts for the swap. I am at a cross road. At some point in time I have to dive face first into this and remove the drive train from the Bullitt. So I can cruise this horrendously slow stock 2v all summer. Or spend the summer doing the swap.

I am leaning towards the latter of the two. I have an entire new front suspension sitting in the cart on Maximum Motorsports site, along with Headers in the cart on Summit. Just waiting to pull the trigger lol. That is pretty much all I "need" for the swap. technically I don't need it, more of a highly want.

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Not really.

I have someone interested in the 2v currently in the car.

I was just going to cruise the car this summer, but this guy is highly interested in purchasing the engine. Which gives me a nice chunk to buy more parts for the swap. I am at a cross road. At some point in time I have to dive face first into this and remove the drive train from the Bullitt. So I can cruise this horrendously slow stock 2v all summer. Or spend the summer doing the swap.

I am leaning towards the latter of the two. I have an entire new front suspension sitting in the cart on Maximum Motorsports site, along with Headers in the cart on Summit. Just waiting to pull the trigger lol. That is pretty much all I "need" for the swap. technically I don't need it, more of a highly want.

Go ahead and sell it! Whats the chances of getting a buyer on the line once you antucally get it out after summer and have more miles on it? Me, id take the sure fire buyer and run with it!

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
Yes, Dude came over and peeped the engine.

Not sure what he thought he was coming to see lol, He wasn't expecting a mint Bullitt in the garage.

"dude why are you selling this engine?" hahaha

Anyway, he is going to buy it. He also is going to pay me to swap it into his stock 2000 Mustang that he blew the motor in. Gives me some extra coin for more parts!! Not to mention after the years I have this down to a science that I can do in my sleep.

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
ok order has been placed.

The ENTIRE front suspension is going to be all brand new Maximum Motorsports.

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Yes, Dude came over and peeped the engine.

Not sure what he thought he was coming to see lol, He wasn't expecting a mint Bullitt in the garage.

"dude why are you selling this engine?" hahaha

Anyway, he is going to buy it. He also is going to pay me to swap it into his stock 2000 Mustang that he blew the motor in. Gives me some extra coin for more parts!! Not to mention after the years I have this down to a science that I can do in my sleep.

Well after i blow mine all to pieces ill recruit you for the termi swap then!

ok order has been placed.

The ENTIRE front suspension is going to be all brand new Maximum Motorsports.

hell yea :rockon:

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
I am beyond blown away with Maximum Motorsports.

I have purchased some parts here and there in the past. Including the caster camber plates and bump steer kit I just installed on the car.

This was my first LARGE purchase. I emailed on friday night for someone in the tech dept to give me a call anytime Monday to go over everything.

To my surprise the owner called me saturday evening, spent 45 mins with me going over every part number in my cart. He made recommendations, went over springs rates for the coil overs etc.. It was refreshing.

Rudders331cobra

Established Member
I am beyond blown away with Maximum Motorsports.

I have purchased some parts here and there in the past. Including the caster camber plates and bump steer kit I just installed on the car.

This was my first LARGE purchase. I emailed on friday night for someone in the tech dept to give me a call anytime Monday to go over everything.

To my surprise the owner called me saturday evening, spent 45 mins with me going over every part number in my cart. He made recommendations, went over springs rates for the coil overs etc.. It was refreshing.

That's always a great feeling man! Looks as though things are coming together

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
I am excited.

K member
Control arms (urethane)
coil over kit with 350lb springs
bump steer (already installed)
tapered stud to bolt through conversion kit
Caster camber plates (already installed)
Rack bushings
sway bar relocation kit
Oil filter relocation kit

He recommended to get a 94-98 GT front sway bar as it's 30mm and will work better with my stock IRS sway bar.

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
Took another break from my crap, and did a face lift on my friends 02 GT

So here is what we started with. Roush bumper, cloudy lights, 4x4 stance. Shitty red Cobra brakes and rusty slotted rotors etc.

D11758CA-15F9-41F5-A9B7-FD534485614A-3699-000001E9EA5DAD79_zps69ffcd20.jpg

Some how inbetween my crazy projects and side jobs over the last couple months I have overhauled this turd. He gave me a budget and pretty much told me to run with it. Here is what I came up with. He didn't have much say in the deal. I told him his car didn't look good, so he told me to make it look good lol.

Gt front bumper (chin spoiler waiting to go on today)
Bullitt side windows and sail panels
Re-sprayed the rear bumper
03/04 side skirts
Powder coated cobra brakes silver vein. New rotors with painted hats.
Lowering springs
New headlights
New taillights
Tokiko HP shocks and struts
Eibach sway bars
MM 4 bolt caster camber plates
MM bump steer kit
Upper and Lower control arms

Last winter we did a built 8.8 with moser axles etc.

Year before that I put cams and spray on it.

Car makes over 400whp on spray. Really fun car.

Will post pics with the chin spoiler tomorrow. I was just too excited with how it already looks not to post.

Also 18inch black SVE drift wheels are going to be ordered soon.

Edit: GT badges will replace the shitty reflectors on the fenders.

F5A16C5D-9D0D-4EA3-AB99-83901E3931C5-3699-000001DAF751EC37_zpsac48e5ad.jpg

78FEE0B2-5823-4B1F-902B-A25BD355C4FD-3699-000001DB0A01FD11_zpsc94de757.jpg

142DB516-ED9A-46FB-9E90-57090F60BF4E-3699-000001DB14CE76F4_zps7f15b611.jpg

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
That Roush bumper looked 10x better than a stock GT bumper. The 03 skirts don't go with the stock bumper either.

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
No it didn't

looked like shit, doesn't flow with the car.

Roush stuff never flows.

When the chin spoiler goes on and the black SVE drift wheels go on. It will be complete.

Promise, I am good at this ;)

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
That Roush bumper looked 10x better than a stock GT bumper. The 03 skirts don't go with the stock bumper either.

No it didn't

Roush stuff never flows.

When the chin spoiler goes on and the black SVE drift wheels go on. It will be complete.

i beg to differ! Tim's gt looks BADASS with the Roush kit
5luiqb.jpg

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
No it didn't

Roush stuff never flows.

Yeah me too. The bigger spoke/wheel of the SVE wheels would've tied in with the larger sides of the front bumper and the side skirts would've been more even with the roush bumper.

But hey you're the expert, just giving my opinion. It's not the only thing I've seen done I wondered about though.

Last edited:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
I am not a fan of roush stuff, too much.

I like simple and clean.

Different strokes for different folks. I like simple and clean too, I've just always liked the roush bumper. Through the years of having my gt's I've just grown tire of the stock bumper I guess lol

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
Different strokes for different folks. I like simple and clean too, I've just always liked the roush bumper. Through the years of having my gt's I've just grown tire of the stock bumper I guess lol

I like the look of the 99/01 Cobra bumper for the sole reasoning of not have a license plate indent.

I think the 99/01 has something missing from it and sits too high. Mach1 Chins look good on those bumpers except when they leave that 1/4" gap at the wheel well. That just pisses me off.

For the sake of budget and me wanting a chin spoiler on this car I went with the GT bumper. It will all tie together.

Users who are viewing this thread