Terminator Bubble???

bullitt2735

Established Member
OMG, yeah that’s just stupid. That’s a 30k car IMO at best.

Even 30k seems a little high to me, I paid 24.5 in November 16 for am even cleaner (at the time haha, I daily mine now) black vert at a stealership. I had slightly more miles at 7k though... there is no way it has appreciated that much that quickly. I would think 24-27k for that low mileage from a dealership.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Another Hagerty valuation table, this time on the '04 Coupe...

Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 5.16.19 PM.png

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
What?
LOL... I beg to differ. I might agree that muscle cars are on the way out, but not all cars. Car culture still seems strong amongst the kids I have seen.

Many of the millennials are interested in the newest Prius, Tesla, etc.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I still think a lot of younger people are interested in cars. I think it’s honestly motorcycles that they’re not interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I still think a lot of younger people are interested in cars. I think it’s honestly motorcycles that they’re not interested in.

I have had several people MUCH younger than me, say 20's, 30's drive by in town and scream "TERMINATOR!!!", or a young guy in a new Charger pulled up and yelled "THAT'S MY FAVORITE CAR!!!"

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I was hoping this was a storage thread. As in car bubble...

...and I was hoping this was a big gas bubble thread. You know the one that buckles you over and kills a.k.a “The Terminator Bubble!”

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Skipping the derailment, I don't think it's a bubble. I believe what we are seeing here is a response to the increase in price newer cars combined with a driving sensation that can not be easily duplicated with modern cars. Barring a dramatic market shift, I don't expect prices to fall.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
This is my holy grail and I am glad to have it and will have it for a very long time. these cars are bad ass and I always turn heads down here in south Florda

Just pumping gas with the engine running and a great experience

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Are that many people really financing these cars still? They’re 15 years old and I would just think most banks wouldn’t recognize the full value of these cars and go by blue book if they would even finance them at all. I would imagine those that are able to get financing have to be paying an absurd interest rate. My guess is the people buying the high dollar low mileage terminators aren’t financing them.

I think people who purchase these cars are still financing. Although someone in this thread said "Cobra owners are ballers," I think the majority who purchase these cars are hard working Americans who do NOT have 20K laying around to purchase a Cobra. Most owners (in my opinion) are guys who have families, with mortgages, kids to feed, clothe and pay for education and will finance to own the car.

I know I do pretty well, but I financed my Vert back in Apr 2016 and the interest rate was not that bad. Not great, but not bad.

I've been reading lately how the value of all muscle cars might soon be decreasing, both vintage and relatively modern. The younger generation is not into things like sports and cars like previous generations were.

I'm on the fence here. My stepson is 22. He has a 1997 V6 Mustang and is always talking about wanting to modify it. He is ALWAYS begging me to teach him how to drive stick in my Cobra (I always laugh him out of the room). So, I think the car bug is still in ALL generations. However, the degree and what they like is where I might agree with you.

I know the younger generation DOES prefer computer stuff that are run off apps. Although my stepson (22) loves cars, my grandchildren (7-12) cannot see past their phone, tv or tablet. They NEVER ask me to go for a ride in the Cobra, but they always want the PlayStation and X Box turned on when they come to visit. And sports???? I can barely get my kids (18 and 22) to get off their @$$ to do chores LMAO!!!

So, maybe when my grandkids grow up they might want to save the planet and ride in electric cars driven by an app or remote lol.

However, I believe someone will ALWAYS want the roar of an American V8 over a car powered by a hairdryer motor.......

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Skipping the derailment, I don't think it's a bubble. I believe what we are seeing here is a response to the increase in price newer cars combined with a driving sensation that can not be easily duplicated with modern cars. Barring a dramatic market shift, I don't expect prices to fall.

I agree. Also, it's been a BRUTAL winter over a large portion of the country.....that's never good for hot rod sales.

Back to the finance question.....that one has never made sense to me. New car and truck prices these days are out of whack high IMO. You drive 99% of new vehicles off the lot and it depreciates 20% and is immediately upside down. Terminators might be 15 years old.....but values will maintain and a good possibility tick up over the years. New car financing is incredibly easy to get.....these cars, not so much. If you don't have the cash.....You really have to do your homework and find the credit union or institution that is truly aware of the terminator value.

Users who are viewing this thread