Terminator Buildup on Horsepower TV

Craig99SVT

Went to the Dark Side
Established Member
Originally posted by SALEEN039
not to jack the thread, but last month Hypertech , here in Memphis ,used my 03 Silver 10th for their new commercial that will error during that episode on June 5th.......I did a awesome burnout for all of you guys on it also. Watch for it. :rockon:

Did you have the hypertech programmer on your car when you did the burnout???? :D :D :D

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Did they mention that this was the tip of the iceberg? If they didn't they're stupid. I guess they don't want Borla, K&N, or other brands on their show. :nonono:

KDog

Established Member
It was kind of lame in the fact they only dedicated 10 minutes to it, but it was ok. They mentioned why no CAI/exhaust upgrades were done - because of the "optimization" of the tuning device (and they did retune after each mod). I just think they should have used products more supportive of the cobra community - like BilletFlow pulleys/idlers, and maybe a predator!

I enjoyed the episode of Trucks that followed though. Nice metal working demonstrations.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
Originally posted by KDog
It was kind of lame in the fact they only dedicated 10 minutes to it, but it was ok. They mentioned why no CAI/exhaust upgrades were done - because of the "optimization" of the tuning device (and they did retune after each mod). I just think they should have used products more supportive of the cobra community - like BilletFlow pulleys/idlers, and maybe a predator!

I enjoyed the episode of Trucks that followed though. Nice metal working demonstrations.

I think TRUCKS! is the only good show on the power block, but I actually taked this one on my digital camcorder. I can post the clip later tonight if anyone is interested.

I think they used Hypertech and UPR because they probably either got the products free or got a pretty good compensation to use them. It's all marketing, though I did enjoy seeing a Cobra being touted on powerblock for once :beer:

KDog

Established Member
and usually same episode is on Sunday mornings also...

ALA G8R

Banned
Don't waste your time watching that one unless you need a laugh. That show was wimpy! I got more out of exhaust, CAI, 3.4 pulley, and no tune than they got out of a 2.8 pulley and Hypertech tune. They even said that the Hypertech program would be dangerous with exhaust and CAI added to their 2.8/tune mix. What's up with that?

Anyone who follows their mod recipe is a dolt!
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=dolt

IMHO.

Emil

Established Member
Very disappointing show. They didn't mention anything about a/f ratios, they didn't show the hp/torque curves. I guess the HT is great if it's the only mod you want because the pulley additions are not worth it with the HT and are the gains are small. If they would at least have an intake they would realize much greater gains with the pulleys. It's somewhat misleading making you think a 3.00 pulley is good for only 8 hp. Since a vast majority of guys have at least intakes it makes the Hypertech useless for us :(. We need some dyno runs with the HT and intakes and then exhaust systems to show a/f ratios so we know if we can use it or not! That's what they should have done.

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
yeah that was pretty dissapointing. Thank God for Trucks. That kinda made up for the weak HP tv. At least when trucks gets paid by a engine programmer company to show their products he does a burnout with it.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I hate that Hypertech and the Preditor are always mentioned as "The best part is it won't void your warranty". I thought that was a for sure void? False Advertising?

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
ALA G8R where are your getting gas for 2.05?, it's 2.18 on my side of town.

KDog

Established Member
Originally posted by johnsonl
I hate that Hypertech and the Preditor are always mentioned as "The best part is it won't void your warranty". I thought that was a for sure void? False Advertising?

Maybe it's like a play on the gun saying...

"Computers don't void warranties, people do." :)

ALA G8R

Banned
Originally posted by ghostrydyr
ALA G8R did you get a chance to dyno your car with the cia,catback and 3.4 pulley. A/F ratio? Thanks.
34%20dyno.jpg

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
The show wasn't all it could (or should) of been, but it was nice seeing a '03 being modded on TV.

Users who are viewing this thread