Terminator Buildup on Horsepower TV

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, I was very disppointed in the show as well. Very weak. A much better project would have been to include the very catback and intake mods the majority do. Very dumb to recommend the HT and pulley and then say it is dangerous to add the catback and intake. Hello!!!! Man, these two need to learn a bit more about the cars they report on. Maybe if it had been a Chevy they would have done it right. LOL!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh, and another laugher is their statement that the blue paint on the driver's side head indicates it is a corrected head (non-tick). But we all know by now that (1) neither Ford nor SVT has made an official statement relative to the paint on the head and what it is for (we've heard all kinds of rumors and statements from SVT and Ford about it), (2) people have had tick issues WITH the blue painted head, (3) people have seen the blue stripe on pre-Nov. 2002 engines, and (4) people have had blue painted heads on either the driver's side or passenger side. More misinformation to toss around? :-(

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
Originally posted by 00 Aggie
Yeah, they even hinted not to do those other things with the hypertech, because it wasn't programmed for Exhaust and intake!

Correct, i have a e-mail in to them now asking about adding CAI and exhaust. Asking what tune is needed for these mods.:rockon:

Emil

Established Member
Correct, i have a e-mail in to them now asking about adding CAI and exhaust. Asking what tune is needed for these mods.
I'll be very interested in their reply also! I was ready to go out and buy one until I heard about the "won't work with CAI or exhaust" statement. If they are limited to 3 profiles how about a stock, CAI & exhaust, then mild pulley tune ? If you go to a 2.8 you had better get it dyno tuned anyway!

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Every 03/04 Cobra I have seen has had a Cat-Back and Intake, except one that was stock. I really can't see many people doing the mods the show advertised. I mean, not one person on this board has done the mods they did, have they?

I'm 10 times happier with my car because of the Cat-Back Sound! If you don't change the exhaust your crazy!

Last edited:

Orange Poison

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Yeah, I was very disppointed in the show as well. Very weak. A much better project would have been to include the very catback and intake mods the majority do. Very dumb to recommend the HT and pulley and then say it is dangerous to add the catback and intake. Hello!!!!

I agree.....those two guys had things half a$$ backwards. All Cobra guys do intake and exhaust first!!

ALA G8R

Banned
They even showed installing an interchangeable pulley kit with the pulley installed on the hub. I thought that was a no-no.

redline

Established Member
well its a pro chevy program thats fer sure .maybe the cobra scared them . twin cams come on . twins are for women to have.whats the word i am lookin fer .MORONS

Emil

Established Member
Correct, i have a e-mail in to them now asking about adding CAI and exhaust. Asking what tune is needed for these mods.
Soniccobra,
Did they respond to your e-mail yet?
Thanks

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
You have to watch shows like this for what they're worth: entertainment. The only way most of those shows can stay on TV is by accepting product placements. Didn't you ever notice that they cant talk for 30 seconds about ANYTHING without dropping in some product names? These shows are about entertainment and $$$. Don't expect a video version of MM&FF Magazine! :p

If other companies were willing to pony up the cash, I'm sure there would have been other products used. For now, it's whoever has the best marketing department and the deepest wallet...

Future episode...

Chuck: "Let's pause for a commercial break...I have to take a dump."

Joe: "OK, Chuck. But be sure to take the Charmin double-ply with you. [shamelessly holds roll of Charmin up in front of camera]. You can't beat it for softness!"

Chuck: "Good thinking Joe. You know, Charmin is one of the leading manufacturers of toilet tissue. I'll try it!"

Joe: "Here you go, Chuck [hands Chuck roll of Charmin in front of camera]. Oh, and don't forget to light a match when you're done!"

:-D

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Lolz, those HP TV guys always sound like they're smoking crack. Is it just me, or do those guys just sound real Gi-hayyy when they talk?? They act as though they got a wrench up their ass everytime their on. Is there a moment where their not acting so happy about doing something?? Well, all I have to say is Ride with Funk Master Flex is prolly even worse.

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Snip

Originally posted by Top_Fuel

Joe: "Here you go, Chuck [hands Chuck roll of Charmin in front of camera]. Oh, and don't forget to light a match when you're done!"

Snip

:D

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
My question to hypertech,

Hello, I am interested in getting a programmer for my 2003 cobra and would like some additional info on your product number#......41027........I have a k&n aircharger air intake.....part # ....63-1051 on my car and a magnaflow catback exhaust....part #....15644....the question I have is what needs to be done to your programmer in order for these modifications to work together with the programmer?. I have the stock s/c pulley on the car for now but will probably be going to a 2.93 or a 2.80 pulley in the near future. I will need a tune for the mods i have and would like to be able to tune for the smaller pulley when i get it installed in the future. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated,Doug.

Response,

Our tuning is designed around a stock application and will work with a cat back exhaust and a high flow air filter. We have not tested or tuned for air intake systems. Many complain of pinging/detonation when used with our Power Tuning. Other mods like headers, high flow cats, after market mass air flow sensors, larger throttle body, etc should not be used with our tuning installed. We are aggressive with the timing curve and generally the engine will ping/detonate with any of these type modifications. The attached dyno chart shows the power gain for the stock pulley and the 2.8 & 3.0 inch pulley, you can select the one you need. Thanks

Jim

I guess CAI and catback are ok but will have to check for pinging/detonation???????

silvercoffin

Established Member

I only read the first and last page of this thread, but WASNT ANYoNE ELSE DISTURBED BY THE WARNING about the potential for problems in our cars? I found it real disconcerting that I had to hear about that on nAtional Television but never from Ford...

Was the show correct in stating that there is a potential problem in our early production cars?

A TSB from my understanding will only be performed if the problem is present. So from what I understand...this means since my car isnt exhibiting any tapping sounds (i dont think) they wont replace the heads?

Once our warrenties are up will Ford fix the car if the problem shows up or if other damage is caused by their faulty design? I DOUBT IT

The show pissed me off....

ALSO....I wouldnt use their program if I had anything other than what they program for and even then as cool as it seems...i think your really taking a chance to program your car without actually seeing the air/fuel... unless the prgrammer shows you that..i dont think it does though

Much safer to go to a shop and get your car tuned right...

Users who are viewing this thread