Terminator cobra

05mustanggt27

Established Member
Hi I'm trying to sale or trade my 05 mustang gt to get a 03-04 cobra. My mustang gt has 137k miles and has some stuff done to it. I'd like your opinion if you guys think that I would be able to trade it straight across or how much you guys think I'd be able to sell it for. Thanks.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Straight trade? No. #1 the '03-'04 Cobra book value is much higher than your '05 GT. #2 you're going to be hard pressed to find an owner of a Terminator looking to trade for your GT.

You said the mileage is 137K. What condition is the car in? What mods? Any damage repairs done? How is the paint? How is the engine? Tire condition? Was it regularly maintained, and do you have receipts? Deluxe model or Premium model?

If your Mustang is in average (good) condition and is the Deluxe model, it's worth about $7200 and you'll want to shoot for $8200. Depending on your mods you might get a bit more. If it's in excellent (above average) condition and is the Premium model, it's worth a bit more depending on what options it has.

A Terminator is going to be in the $12K - $30K range depending in large part on mileage, condition and paint color. Most that you'll find for sale will be in the $17K - $24K range. Average is around $19K - $21K. So you can see that you're probably going to have to come up with, on average, after privately selling your GT, about $12K additional. Unless you buy a high mileage Terminator in fair-good condition.

05mustanggt27

Established Member
Some of the stuff I haven done to it is.

Steeda under drive pulleys
Steeda short throw shifter
Steeda suspension
Jlt cai with tuner
Ford racing strut brace
Slp loudmouth exhaust

Cdc chin spoiler
Roush ducktail spoiler
Roush deck lid
Roush grill

The car is in really good condition.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The numbers I posted above will pretty much apply to your car with those mods. You're just not even close to the average book value of a Terminator. Prepare to lay down at least an additional $12K after you sell your GT, assuming you want a Terminator in very good condition with decent miles.

05mustanggt27

Established Member
Well i am looking more at the high mileage ones more than the low mileage ones. If I get a high mileage one I will just replace the motor someday but I wouldn't mind a high mileage on since it would be my daily driver.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
higher mileage cobra's I've seen still bring in 13-15k all day long with sellers needing the money, you'll need at least a additional $7,000 to make it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread