Terminator or SRT-10 Ram? Decisions...

Cobra-Master

Established Member
Hi all, I'm having trouble making a decision. I currently own a 2003 Cobra (Sonic Blue) with 15K miles. It's pretty much a garage queen, and sits with a cover on it most of the time.

We recently bought a 05 Ram Daytona and we love it. I've always loved the SRT-10 Rams, but they've been out of my price range.

I saw a black 2005 Ram SRT-10 yesterday used with 5K miles for $33K, and it got me to thinking...

Should I sell my Cobra for an SRT-10? I'd like to have something that can comfortably haul my family... right now the Cobra is extremely uncomfortable.

I'm not real familar with how the Ram SRT-10's hold their value compared to the Cobras. Would I be making a mistake in selling my Cobra with regards to resale value? I know the SRT-10's are rare, but not sure how rare. I'm thinking in 20 years, a truck with a V10 would be more rare than a Mustang with a S/C V8?

Please give me some input and opinions. I know the opinions may be swayed towards the Cobra, but I'm interested in some honest opinions.

Last edited:

Iwannacobra04

New 'scared' SVT Poster
Established Member
That's a tough decision to make. Traditionally, it's the domestic cars, convertibles, rare-optioned cars that retain their value extremely well. Even the late 90's Ford Lightnings aren't close to a say a '93 Cobra R.
This is in the argument of collectibility, so please don't flame me.
I'm interpreting your comments-you're leaning to the SRT-10. Friend of mine has one, loves it and wouldn't drive anything less.
Comes down to this, in my humble opinion, life is short, buy something that YOU will enjoy, after all, why go through life with regrets?
Good luck! I don't envy your difficult decision. Aloha.

SVT GuY 281SC

Banned
cobra no doubt, the srt-10 isn't any faster than a lightning in the real world...but if you don't care for speed and really want a truck I guess you could buy it..:shrug:

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
srt10 is a sweet truck. I was gonna trade in my cobra on one, but decided not too cause it's almost paid for. I would trade if I were you, just for something different.

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
If you do not care about performance, and they are not that fast. And you own a gas station, then maybe, just maybe it would be a good choice? :dw:

Cobra-Master

Established Member
Thanks, I don't really care about speed and 1/4 mile times, nor do I really care about gas mileage. The old 95 F150 I drive everyday right now gets about 8 MPG and the SRT-10 gets 9 to 10 MPG. I'm just looking for something rare and nice that's not a dime a dozen running the streets. I know both the Terminator and SRT-10 Ram will accomplish this now. A plus for me is the the SRT-10 could be a back up "boat tower" if my wife's truck ever broke down.

Definetely leaning towards the SRT-10 right now, but want opinions to know if I'm letting go of something collectible that I'll regret in the future with regards to the Terminator.

Thanks for the input, please keep it coming...

Last edited:

Cobra-Master

Established Member
Weirdly enough, I just checked with Geico and my insurance rates would come down with the SRT-10. Didn't see that one coming...

Terrminatted

Turtle Man
Established Member
you will regret it, well i learned almost learned from my mistakes when i almost bought a truck, as i was test driving it another cobra pulled up beside me, and i thought, if only i was in mine

Terrminatted

Turtle Man
Established Member
by the way, if you end up with the srt-10 i would be interested in taking the cobra off of your hands maybe, i have been looking for a sonic blue terminator

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here's a different slant. You already have one Dodge Ram truck. Sounds like you'd then have two trucks for the family. And the other truck can tow the boat, right? Not knowing how many family members you have, I'll assume it's you, your wife and one or two children. If it was me and I was considering alternative family transportation I'd be looking for something other than a second truck if a car like the Terminator was impractical. Like a performance sedan, wagon or SUV. Like maybe the Jeep SRT-8. All weather convenience. Great seating. And... a Hemi. Just a thought.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
keep that cobra in BA. Dont go and get the dodge. If anything get a harley f150, whipple it, and have plenty of srt spanking power, better fuel economy and plenty of room to haul the family around.

Cobra-Master

Established Member
forcefedcobra said:
keep that cobra in BA. Dont go and get the dodge. If anything get a harley f150, whipple it, and have plenty of srt spanking power, better fuel economy and plenty of room to haul the family around.

Yeah, I'm getting the SRT itch! We bought a Ram Daytona truck in Febraury with the 5.7L HEMI, and we love it. It's got me in the Viper V10 mood!

I'm still deciding, but I'm leaning towards the SRT-10 right now. I'm not sure what I could get out of my Cobra... fairly low miles and it great shape... still smells new on the inside.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Which SRT-10 are you talking about... the regular cab 6spd or crew cab auto? The latter kinda defeats the purpose in my opinion. However, if you're talking about the original regular cab 6spd, it's not going to haul any extra people and they're not rated for much towing.

Cobra-Master

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Which SRT-10 are you talking about... the regular cab 6spd or crew cab auto? The latter kinda defeats the purpose in my opinion. However, if you're talking about the original regular cab 6spd, it's not going to haul any extra people and they're not rated for much towing.

I'm talking about a 2005 quad cab... I know they aren't as fast as my Cobra, but I'm not worried about it.

MikeW

Established Member
My buddy answered your question on the SRT Forum I think. He got his 05 SRT QC Satruday. I consider the truck a best of both orld for someone who wants that size of vehicle/truck. He has another child on the way and his Saleen was not much of a Family vehicle. The SRT is nice Inside and out. A little big for my taste (no kids) but it moves good for a 5600lb truck. Like he said his truck is dead even with my bone stock A4 C5 to 100mph (2-3 runs same result). Not crazy fast but for the size and weight it moves really well.

Good luck :cheers:

MikeW

Established Member
Ooo I do like the looks of those SS trailblazers :idea: Good idea Ike.

Ford should have built the Sport track that had the Cobra motor.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread