Terminator problem need some insight

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
Got on the car today about half throttle and the car shut off lost fuel pressure. Pulled off the side of the road, and the car started again reved it half throttle and it shut off again and now won’t start. When turning on the ignition I don’t hear the fuel pumps or the inter cooler pump. ( car was running cool when this happened)
What I have changed recently:
I recently installed two 465’s and a new fuel filter because I was running out of fuel on the dyno.
What I have done so far:
I checked both fuel pump relays they both click when putting power to them. I’ve checked the two fuel pump fuses and the 20amp fuse in the fuse panel box under the hood.
The car is return style fuel system anyone have any ideas what else I can check or look for?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge you can check? Is the FRPS still there? If so you can log it to check for pressure.

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
Not sure how to check the frps. I do have a mechanical gauge and a gauge in the car both read 0, the fuel pumps are not coming on they are pretty loud and obvious when they work. Also would the inter cooler pump not coming on anymore when turning the key be related?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
What kind of return fuel system do you have? What type of relays? Did you check the fuel shut off inertia switch?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
Glenn’s performance fuel system
Division X hat
Fore rails
Fore fuel pressure regulator
Ti auto 465’s
Magna fuel relays 30 or 40 amp one per pump
I did check the inertia switch it’s in the down position I’ve put only about 50 miles on the car since switching the pumps and filter.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Not sure how to check the frps. I do have a mechanical gauge and a gauge in the car both read 0, the fuel pumps are not coming on they are pretty loud and obvious when they work. Also would the inter cooler pump not coming on anymore when turning the key be related?

Did the intercooler always come on as soon as you turned the key? If the tuner didn't change that it won't come on until the IAT reaches a certain temp.

You're not checking the FRPS. You'd just be using it for datalogging. Which you don't need to do since you have a mechanical gauge.

Unfortunately you're going to have to break out a voltmeter and start chasing wires. First thing is do is make sure the relays are working as bdubbs mentioned. If they're working you need to check for power at the pumps.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I would start with running a jumper to pumps to confirm they work

strange. I have a short on my dodge caravan on the fuel pump circuit
Had to run a jumper for now
And also a friends F150. Same thing

on the ford. His also blew the relay.
Relay would only send 6volts to pump.
We tapped into the cut off switch out put side

we had issues a few years ago with relays blowing pcm/fuel/hvac

all at the same time. Found fuse box covered with ants

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
Well I found the problem, of course it was after running down a bunch of wires with a volt meter and test light and redoing connections. The clip broke on the connector that plugs into the fuel hat on the tank side and it slide out causing the fuel pumps to not work. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the responses.....it’s always something with these cars.

Users who are viewing this thread