Terminator production number video by color

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I put together this video about the terminator production by color, sent some colors were only offered in 2003 and some in 2004, while other colors were offered both years. Where's does yours (or perhaps the one you used to own) fall into place? Check it out!

The video still needs some music, had to silence it for copyright reasons, but it's up for now!

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
nice video, but you are not exactly correct when you said that the 2003s had the manually-operated vent dampers while the 2004s did not.

only the first production run had them. for example, you would probably never see a 10th anniversary car with them, although they are technically considered 2003s.

this distinction is similar to the mid-year switch from green coolant to gold, and possibly a few other things as well.

perhaps when you are discussing differences between model years you might want to elaborate on the differences between the three production runs.

certain paint colors also began and ended with the change of the mid-year production run for the 2003 my (mineral gray, for example).

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The percentages are interesting, too. We normally think on production quantities. When you say "1.69% of all Terminators were Satin Silver" it sounds more significant.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
What about the #'s for the parchment seats, tan top and the Roush/Saleen Cobras?

That would be very specific where this video was mainly covering production colors by year. The statistics could go on forever, and I planned on another video covering options like seats, 10th anniversary, chrome wheels, wing delete, etc. there are also a lot of statistics that are hard to know like units exported

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
nice video, but you are not exactly correct when you said that the 2003s had the manually-operated vent dampers while the 2004s did not.

only the first production run had them. for example, you would probably never see a 10th anniversary car with them, although they are technically considered 2003s.

this distinction is similar to the mid-year switch from green coolant to gold, and possibly a few other things as well.

perhaps when you are discussing differences between model years you might want to elaborate on the differences between the three production runs.

certain paint colors also began and ended with the change of the mid-year production run for the 2003 my (mineral gray, for example).

Didn't you see my note right when mineral gray comes up that it was discontinued lol ! Watch again.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member

Also, many changes (like how I covered the cylinder heads) were changed by model year OR had the probability that they could appear in both years like the vents. You have to draw the line somewhere when making a video like this, with the leeway that some exceptions will apply

ricafortegio

a306juGRnot
Established Member
ive always found it interesting why ford decided to make the most rare color satin silverlol. i like silver but thats usually not a rare color especially when theres already a similar shade silver.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
ive always found it interesting why ford decided to make the most rare color satin silverlol. i like silver but thats usually not a rare color especially when theres already a similar shade silver.
From what I understand, it's the same as silver metallic, but without the metallic flakes. It's possible it was discontinued as was Mineral Gray.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Also, many changes (like how I covered the cylinder heads) were changed by model year OR had the probability that they could appear in both years like the vents. You have to draw the line somewhere when making a video like this, with the leeway that some exceptions will apply

lol in this case, only about 6,000 exceptions

Users who are viewing this thread