Terminator Swaps Whos working on one whos finished

mustangcobra98

Got Nitrous?
Established Member
I just finished mine into a 98 cobra. just wanted to see how many of us are doing it, and what kind of builds yall got going on. I've done a complete MM suspension set up front and rear. Steggy stage 4 with a 2.6L KB to go on soon. dual GT pumps, 60# injectors, stock lines and such. pondering weather or not to keep the 100 shot or just do away with it. Stock block T-56 with a built Solid rear. Complete interior swap as well! :banana:

crazycarlo

Established Member
I'm doing one, ported blower, tb, plenum. Bf idlers. 60lb injectors, sct maf, shorty headers. And a few other parts. Hopefully I'll be putting it back together soon.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I'm doing one for someone currently.

Stock 03 shortblock, stage 3 cams, kooks headers, ported eaton. Complete IRS with all the goodies & coilovers, and T56 as well.

The car started as a 2000 V6, so the entire braking system, dash, entire interior[mach 1 interior], wiring, heater core, and every other little thing in the car was swapped over. I essentially stripped the car down to the bare chassis and had to build it from the ground up.

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
Bought my previous mustang like that. 98 LX with 04 drivetrain and interior. Made 473 and with a 100 shot was 560. Straight axle with 3.27's. Loved it just hated the primer paint job and needed a truck.
62c5b380-d49f-d545.jpg

62c5b380-d4b4-f084.jpg

62c5b380-d4d6-8b55.jpg

Sent from your Lubrizolsfin3st
iPhone using Tapatalk

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
I'm in process of building a motor for mine have all the parts for swap already with a ported eaton and 2.76 pulley, probably gonna run a 4# lower as well, working on my forged teksid with Manley rods diamond pistons, arp everything and ported 99 heads, I already have the t56 in the car also

Sent from a van down by the river

Colt .45

Established Member
I just finished mine into a 98 cobra. just wanted to see how many of us are doing it, and what kind of builds yall got going on. I've done a complete MM suspension set up front and rear. Steggy stage 4 with a 2.6L KB to go on soon. dual GT pumps, 60# injectors, stock lines and such. pondering weather or not to keep the 100 shot or just do away with it. Stock block T-56 with a built Solid rear. Complete interior swap as well! :banana:

Thats sick. Any pics?

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
Picked up a daily driver last month so that I can start looking for a wrecked 03/04 to get my swap on, how much did you guys pay for your donor cars so that I know what a good price is?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
8500 for the drivetrain?

Yeesh, for that you could build your motor and buy a Hellion kit.

You won't have a driveable car though. You could maybe get a shortblock and a turbo kit for that price, but you've still got thousands of dollars worth of other items necessary to make the car mobile where as a 03/04 swap doesn't.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Depending on how you do it and look it doesnt have to be that much. I opted to use alot of my stock 98 stuff to keep the price down. So far I have $3000 in it but thats cause I sold my vortech and used that money to buy alot of stuff. Plus Im using the stock T-45.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
If you count in the fact that I sold my old Vortech and old IMRC delets the Eaton and injectors,my old bbk62mm TB, The stock TB & plenum off the 04 engine & all sorts of little things I sold you could take off about 3000bucks. BUT you dont need a Whipple & Glens sleeper system like I got. I would think you could do it for about half of what I did.

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
You won't have a driveable car though. You could maybe get a shortblock and a turbo kit for that price, but you've still got thousands of dollars worth of other items necessary to make the car mobile where as a 03/04 swap doesn't.

Also just building a short block and buying a turbo kit doesn't get someone a 6 speed, 03/04 cobra interior and/or IRS (if individual desires) that one would get out of a donor car.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member

Mustang Matt

Established Member
I don't have many great pics. I suppose I should take some. Here are some old ones.

I've got trueforged wheels on it now. Looks stock other than the wheels and the boost gauge sitting on the column.

IMG_3018.jpg

collection003.jpg

BFzr4.jpg

I just put three grand into a 35 spline rearend with a spool, anti-roll bar and strange struts/coil overs. Even had ABS rings custom machined for the 9" ends!

Make me an offer I can't refuse and maybe I'll sell it. I've been driving the turbo car a lot more lately because it is insane. If anyone is wondering a 70mm turbo at 16 psi makes a lot more power than a stage 4 eaton at 16 psi.

Last edited:

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
I cheated a little on my powersteering pump/hydroboost line. I just had a shop weld the 97 end on a 04 line at the hydroboost end. 20.00 bucks for the weld!!

lcarpen_2000

Established Member
I am in the parts collection phase. I have the sc, upper, ic, he and plumbing, front cover, etc. Need to upgrade the fuel system (not sure what I will do yet) and I think the clutch and trans. Already have forged internals and c heads installed.

Did you guys tow it to the tuner?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread