Terminator vs GTO?

BumbleBeeGTO

Established Member
my GTO fits a 275 nitto drag radial with ease, and that's enough tire for this car. its also much easier to drive with the hydraulic clutch, compared to my cobra--which still has the stock clutch and 600rwhp. and i can't recall ever revving at anyone while driving my goat. oddly enough, i get quite a few people revving at me while i'm driving it-

Same here. Oh and I occasionally rev at people, but it is not to say my car is faster. Reving used to be a way to tell somebody nice car. Now I guess people get cocky and think it is a flex of muscles.

Defender

Established Member
The GTO is a great daily driver but the cobra is more bang for buck when modifying

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
Same here. Oh and I occasionally rev at people, but it is not to say my car is faster. Reving used to be a way to tell somebody nice car. Now I guess people get cocky and think it is a flex of muscles.

Pics of the GTO asap! Never seen a YJ one I liked.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
GTOs are nice cars..I actually considered one back in 05 when I bought my Cobra..

Styling goes to the Cobra. The GTO is very bland looking to me. The GTO has zero curves on the fenders just like an average midsize sedan it's shaped like a bubble, (have you seen a GTO with deep dish wheels? It just looks goofy). It's still a good looking car though, just not my style for a go fast toy.

attachment.php

Performance goes to the Cobra. Pulley, intake and exhaust and you got 450rwhp in a 36xxlb car and it will drive identical to stock, you can even leave the cats and stock headers in place. :banana: To get 450rwhp in a GTO plan on opening up the motor to add heads/cam and adding longtubes along with all the bolt-ons or a shot of nitrous.

Interior / Comfort / Gas mileage goes to the GTO. The GTO is a bigger car, and the interior is way nicer. If you want a DD it's probably the better choice. It's also quieter and smoother, I like the stock shifter better as well. :)

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
there is a goat for sale here at a dealership but i dont want to go test drive it because i know ill be buying it as a dd if i do, and thats totally not practical since i live in wyoming and have to have 4wd or awd to get around in the 6 month long winter.........

just wouldnt be right putting snow tires on it and sand in the trunk.....

LS2GTO

Established Member

I swear there is one site specifically they will flame the shit out of you for asking ANY question that has EVER been asked before and tell you to search through 75 pages of bullshit to find your answer.

Shit i had one guy tell me that if i didnt run front O2's my car would run so rich it would blow up. Then i had a moderator back him on it, then i get an infraction.

Don't sweat it, their just a bunch of overweight old guys that have nothing to do buy come down on regular guys that seem to come out of line and challenge their knowledge authority. You have to look past those guys (mistermike, steelchicken etc) and you will find that there's some good info to be had, even by making a new post. I saw your LT install thread with no o2s and I responded a few times, but when I saw those guys come in and 'take over' the thread I was done, no point in arguing with them over the internet.

Tunink

Established Member
Power is meh.

L92 Heads/LS3 intake/Cam with headers and shot of gas and you'll be running with TS Cobras, if not out running them. Cam and a 150 and you'll be running with ported Cobras.

LS1 GTO here in town with 5.3 heads/MS4 came and Fast 90 intake with 150 shot with 3600 stall is pretty ****ing mean, I think he's running mid-low 10s now. On a stock bottom end.

Power is subjective and depending on the money, you can do a lot with the GTO. It's not as expensive as everyone makes it out to be. I've seen Cobras blowing motors left and right around here, mostly due to the cooling issue, but they are still blowing up.

Personally I like the comfort of the car the seats are like sofas. The cobras seats felt like I was sitting on milk crates, I didn't like the support of the sides at all. The interior of the GTO is MUCH better, where as the Cobras interior, other than a few pieces is the same as the V6.

To me:

If you want a quick car out of the box, with an ok (at best) interior, that is pretty good looking: Cobra.

If you want comfort, to save some money, and to be a little different, with imo more options @ making power: GTO.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Don't sweat it, their just a bunch of overweight old guys that have nothing to do buy come down on regular guys that seem to come out of line and challenge their knowledge authority. You have to look past those guys (mistermike, steelchicken etc) and you will find that there's some good info to be had, even by making a new post. I saw your LT install thread with no o2s and I responded a few times, but when I saw those guys come in and 'take over' the thread I was done, no point in arguing with them over the internet.

:beer:

I understand there is a ton of info to learn, and believe me my cup is empty, however when these guys come into my thread, throw it off topic and bash me stating "if you dont run front plugs your car is going to run so rich it will blow up" You can keep your retarted knowledge :lol1:

What cracks me up is i asked for links, articles, proof of his findings and he couldnt provide anything but his word. :dw: Sorry but the last time i checked it will run extremely rich.

eh well no sweat. Car has sensors on it now and hasnt blown up.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
GTOs are too damn long.....
i like the g8's or whatever the hell they are over em, reds in particular catch my eye.

Users who are viewing this thread