Terminators for sale

cpsmith10

Established Member
There pretty fairly priced in my opinion also... Over the last few years the prices have gone through some swings in terms of what people have been asking (Not sure what they were getting).

It started to get pretty high for a while because I think everyone kept asking like $1k more then the last guy for the same car so after a year or so the prices were just out of control... They seemed to have normalized right now and seem pretty fair overall.

Same thing happened with the Lightnings.

Colin P. Smith

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes I've looked at them. I think some of them are priced right. Considering I paid 19.5k for mine and have more money in my car than what these sellers are asking.

Makes me wonder what my less desirable 03 redfire with 30k miles is worth, lol. I have tastefully modded mine.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

maxrider

Established Member
I just purchased a torch red 04 40k miles KB 2.8 bahemeth inlet proline cams full kooks exhaust 8.8 sra magnum t56 690hp pump 746 e85. super clean car for 28k imo I stole it.

GodStang

Established Member
I just purchased a torch red 04 40k miles KB 2.8 bahemeth inlet proline cams full kooks exhaust 8.8 sra magnum t56 690hp pump 746 e85. super clean car for 28k imo I stole it.

Holy crap that much?!?!?! Man makes me wonder what I could get for mine. Probably mid $30s going off of that.

maxrider

Established Member
Holy crap that much?!?!?! Man makes me wonder what I could get for mine. Probably mid $30s going off of that.
I was going off 20K for stock junker cars so i thought mine was a decent deal. Dont know what all you have done to yours buts it's worth as much as you can get for it I guess. Lol

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I was going off 20K for stock junker cars so i thought mine was a decent deal. Dont know what all you have done to yours buts it's worth as much as you can get for it I guess. Lol
As long as you think you got a deal that's all that matters. Me personally would never look at a cobra once I see it has a SRA.

Usually people will get a better price on buying a car that's heavily modded vs buying one stock then modding. As long as there isn't hidden problems and owner is trying to dump it.

I'm sure I have more than 30k into mine, but I prefer not to add it all up, lol.

bigmoose

Established Member
I think available credit to buy these cars has had a big effect. People could get big $$ when credit could be had. It's getting harder and harder to get credit for our cars which I think has caused prices to level off for a little while. I think prices will climb but the pool of buyers is becoming limited to cash buyers.

GodStang

Established Member
As long as you think you got a deal that's all that matters. Me personally would never look at a cobra once I see it has a SRA.

Usually people will get a better price on buying a car that's heavily modded vs buying one stock then modding. As long as there isn't hidden problems and owner is trying to dump it.

I'm sure I have more than 30k into mine, but I prefer not to add it all up, lol.

I agree 100%. It just boggles my mind that these cars go for that much when for that price there are so many other cars you can get. Shit I always said if I could get $25K or more for mine I would probably sell it. It is sad when you have over 800rwhp in a small town and you have the slow car.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn @Godstang, I live in a small town as well. Yes my friends have some faster cars, but for the majority I bet mines faster than 95% of the cars I see on the street.

I'm not talking about one's that never make it out of the garage.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
I picked up mine in july of 2017. I paid 24k cash.

I am very happy with my purchase, 3rd owner 53k on body. 10k miles on Aluminator (bought from AutoNation 5/12). less then 3k miles on whipple/rear end/axles/trans/driveshaft/seats/suspension. With a 6 inch think binder with over 250 receipts from 2 owners now 3. I could part it out tomorrow and probably make a couple grand over my purchase price.

Ok I am not a ford guy and sure not a mustang guy. But the value that's still in these cars are great. Not to mention that it's 1 of the most willing/accepting to trade for cars out there.

The price on the cars may come down a little. When it comes to financing them but the cost of parts are still high.

GodStang. Your not alone I remember when 800whp was king back in 2010. seems like everybody is 1200whp or more now. Lol, they tell you 1200whp but it's probably closer to 1500rwhp.

Shit now everybody is going BB and twin promod 88's. Cause 1500 hp isn't enough.

zeus201

Established Member
Makes me wonder what my less desirable 03 redfire with 30k miles is worth, lol. I have tastefully modded mine.

The market for these cars is something else.

Although, wonder what my even less desirable 04 screaming yellow vert with below 30k miles is worth with only some springs, CC plates and forged wheels???

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I picked up mine in july of 2017. I paid 24k cash.

I am very happy with my purchase, 3rd owner 53k on body. 10k miles on Aluminator (bought from AutoNation 5/12). less then 3k miles on whipple/rear end/axles/trans/driveshaft/seats/suspension. With a 6 inch think binder with over 250 receipts from 2 owners now 3. I could part it out tomorrow and probably make a couple grand over my purchase price.

Ok I am not a ford guy and sure not a mustang guy. But the value that's still in these cars are great. Not to mention that it's 1 of the most willing/accepting to trade for cars out there.

The price on the cars may come down a little. When it comes to financing them but the cost of parts are still high.

GodStang. Your not alone I remember when 800whp was king back in 2010. seems like everybody is 1200whp or more now. Lol, they tell you 1200whp but it's probably closer to 1500rwhp.

Shit now everybody is going BB and twin promod 88's. Cause 1500 hp isn't enough.
Not a Ford or a mustang guy? Please don't tell me you call it a "termi" as well...

SVTXTC

Established Member
Me personally would never look at a cobra once I see it has a SRA.

This reminds me of the internet trolls talking about Megan Fox....lol!
E4C05347-93FF-4685-A869-8AB4518142F3.jpeg

SVTXTC

Established Member
Who's Megan Fox.... Lol.

360CAC37-0901-42E8-96DB-1D5BFDBF4DD9.jpeg

Haha juuust kidding. But seriously Bdubbs, at your horsepower and mod level (I know how you feel about “happy dynos”) if you actually launched the car and drove it to its full potential you would want a SRA. Garage queen IRS purists need not apply. The right tire and launch eventually breaks stuff on a IRS for those who know. I had a fully built FTBR IRS with all the goodies and went SRA this year and I won’t be looking back. It’s not negative to see a car for sale in the market with a SRA done right and it surely does not mean that cobra is worth any less than a IRS cobra. If anything it shows the previous owner cared enough about the car to not put additional stress on the drivetrain if you are in the market for a cobra with more horsepower than came from the factory. I know it’s your preference and you are entitled to it but if you’d actually drive that cream puff Redfire of yours like God intended you’d feel different!

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
The market for these cars is something else.

Although, wonder what my even less desirable 04 screaming yellow vert with below 30k miles is worth with only some springs, CC plates and forged wheels???

the buyer pool for yellow, is a lot less than other colors. Its crazy, I know what I would pay because SY is closer to my heart than most other colors. I would probably pay $4k more than the avg joe

Users who are viewing this thread