Tesla Model 3 Spotted Testing Prototype

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
....just like their SUV, front end looks like a snow-plow. Even if not needed, add a grill for looks
I've been saying this for so long. All the cars need something there that at least looks like a grill.

fangstang

Established Member
I just dont get all this hype about these cars. They do absolutely nothing for me. They evoke zero emotional response from me like when I see a nicely designed car. Or a great sounding car. Its a fkn robot.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
OTD, you're going to be spending about 40K for that piece of shit, and it will be riddled with problems. Tesla is in some serious financial trouble, and they are bleeding cash. Only reason they are staying afloat is because of help from the government, and a lot of liberal clowns who buy into that green shit.

They have some innovative stuff, but it isn't worth what you get. Not to mention the lack of support for their products. They aren't cross-country vehicles, and if you live outside of a major city, you need to plan your comings and goings around where their charging stations are at. 200 miles a charge, then waiting hours on end per charge is a huge hassle for normal everyday people.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
They truly are government motors. The only reason that company exists is because of the money they've been handed by the libs. They've never made a dime and should have failed years ago.

rdrkt

Established Member
I just dont get all this hype about these cars. They do absolutely nothing for me. They evoke zero emotional response from me like when I see a nicely designed car. Or a great sounding car. Its a fkn robot.
I have an approximately 50 mile one way trip to work. This thing has well over 250 miles of range. This could be any only car for a lot of people.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2000gt4.6

Established Member
I have an approximately 50 mile one way trip to work. This thing has well over 250 miles of range. This could be any only car for a lot of people.

Apparently many people simply cannot wrap their minds around the fact that a huge percentage of the population never ever drives 200-250 miles in a day.

I live in rural central Missouri and never drive over 4-5 hours in a single day. I'm not sure I have ever, in my entire adult life, driven my own car more than 6 hours in one day. It's called an airplane....

Edit:. It's also not hours to charge if your own a Tesla supercharger, and they are spaced at about 2-3 hour intervals on the major arteries of the country. So every 2.5-3 hours you stop, plug it in, and go have a piss break/coffee/stretch your legs. Big whoop.

Hate the car if you must, but hate it for a real reason.

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
The only thing that I've read that concerns me a tad is the servicing for the cars and lack of service centers as of now.
The car may or may not have a good 2-3 years of no issues, but once it starts acting up, how far is the service from you and how long will it take to fix the issue?
What's the cost for repair?

The range is fine for most people communing back and forth, granted they can plug in at night to charge. Might be harder for some that live in an apartment complex with no nearby outlet.

rdrkt

Established Member
The only thing that I've read that concerns me a tad is the servicing for the cars and lack of service centers as of now.
The car may or may not have a good 2-3 years of no issues, but once it starts acting up, how far is the service from you and how long will it take to fix the issue?
What's the cost for repair?

The range is fine for most people communing back and forth, granted they can plug in at night to charge. Might be harder for some that live in an apartment complex with no nearby outlet.
The drivetrain is pretty bullet proof. It's just the car stuff like the seals and doors.

Some people have charging stations they can use at work.

OX1

Established Member
Apparently many people simply cannot wrap their minds around the fact that a huge percentage of the population never ever drives 200-250 miles in a day.

I live in rural central Missouri and never drive over 4-5 hours in a single day. I'm not sure I have ever, in my entire adult life, driven my own car more than 6 hours in one day. It's called an airplane....

Edit:. It's also not hours to charge if your own a Tesla supercharger, and they are spaced at about 2-3 hour intervals on the major arteries of the country. So every 2.5-3 hours you stop, plug it in, and go have a piss break/coffee/stretch your legs. Big whoop.

Hate the car if you must, but hate it for a real reason.

Don't lie, have you ever forgot to plug in your cell phone one night. Yes you have. You charge it on your way to work then, right...

GF drives 45 miles to work one way. Not uncommon in NJ.
Her mother is in rehab from a broken shoulder/hip. Many days, she gets home from a 90 mile round trip commute, and has to travel another 40 miles round trip to see mom. So after 8 hours work, 2-3 hours seeing mom, 3 hour round trip commute, about an hour round trip to see mom, I'm sure she might never forget to plug in her car. She can barely stand upright some nights. All it takes is one night to forget and we would be at the dealer getting rid of that POS. That a good enough reason for ya ???

rdrkt

Established Member
And if doing all that driving for pennies on the dollar with electricity is too much effort don't buy one. It's still not a valid reason to hate the car. I've run out of gas before and I didnt blame the car....

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Don't lie, have you ever forgot to plug in your cell phone one night. Yes you have. You charge it on your way to work then, right...

GF drives 45 miles to work one way. Not uncommon in NJ.
Her mother is in rehab from a broken shoulder/hip. Many days, she gets home from a 90 mile round trip commute, and has to travel another 40 miles round trip to see mom. So after 8 hours work, 2-3 hours seeing mom, 3 hour round trip commute, about an hour round trip to see mom, I'm sure she might never forget to plug in her car. She can barely stand upright some nights. All it takes is one night to forget and we would be at the dealer getting rid of that POS. That a good enough reason for ya ???

Have you ever forgotten to fill up your car and ran it out of gas? In 20 years of driving I haven't... It's really a issue to plug it in after parking in the garage? Comeon.

And I didn't say it would work for everyone...but it would work for the MAJORITY of people out there. The average person does not have a 90 mile round trip commute plus another 40 mile errand to run daily. And even in this situation you are only running 260 miles in two days... So starting with a full charge and 20 minutes of supercharge on the ride home all is well...

It's not gonna work for a traveling salesman but the average person is not putting 33,000 miles on per year in just work and after work errands. Like it or not for the majority of Americans a 215 mile range is more than enough for 99 percent of driving.

And how many people do you know with a 40 thousand dollar car who only have one car, who are single and don't have a wife/girlfriend with a car...or who couldn't afford a 40 dollar a day rental car on the one trip a year that's long distance...

The math doesn't work out. It's not the range itself that's the problem...it's range anxiety.

Btw, there is some rumbling on here about how the superchargers will no longer be free and charge after a certain amount of use per year.... It's precisely to discourage people from exclusively using them to power the car. The entire point is to use them on those rare occasions you do exceed the mileage or forget to charge at home. Ford doesn't offer me free gas on long trips....

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Think I saw one testing in Detroit a couple days ago, but I could have been hallucinating. Have seen a few of their SUVs though.

OX1

Established Member
Have you ever forgotten to fill up your car and ran it out of gas? In 20 years of driving I haven't... It's really a issue to plug it in after parking in the garage? Comeon.

And I didn't say it would work for everyone...but it would work for the MAJORITY of people out there. The average person does not have a 90 mile round trip commute plus another 40 mile errand to run daily. And even in this situation you are only running 260 miles in two days... So starting with a full charge and 20 minutes of supercharge on the ride home all is well...

It's not gonna work for a traveling salesman but the average person is not putting 33,000 miles on per year in just work and after work errands. Like it or not for the majority of Americans a 215 mile range is more than enough for 99 percent of driving.

And how many people do you know with a 40 thousand dollar car who only have one car, who are single and don't have a wife/girlfriend with a car...or who couldn't afford a 40 dollar a day rental car on the one trip a year that's long distance...

The math doesn't work out. It's not the range itself that's the problem...it's range anxiety.

The problem is you have to live your life around charging your car, vs filling completely, in under 10 minutes, at any time, anywhere. Plenty of people drive around until the gas light comes on. Of course they don't run out because it is so quick and easy to get 100% driving range back.

Feel sad for the person that has such a structured boring life that they have 20 minutes to sit around waiting to fuel up a car, and not when THEY felt like doing it too (HAS to be done every night, just in case).

And we haven't even touched on plugging in vs where I am going to park. In my original home town, my old street, google maps shows 17 cars on the street, which is less than 1/8 mile long. All of those houses have a choice of garages, driveways, and street parking. Parents still live there with 3 cars. Now if they are all electric (inevitable, as they will be eventually forced on all of us), do I need 2 sets of outlets? (assume 3rd car is for pleasure only). Do I need outlets on both sides of the car in case I want to park head in most nights, but head out the other? (I had big package in car one night, and wanted trunk close to house that night). I don't want cables that could run around one side of the car, as getting into that habit in winter could be disastrous. Following a night of 8" snow and you would have 1000's that electrocute themselves by chopping up cables with snow blowers (or even shovels).

It's not anxiety, it's just common sense that electric car lovers haven't even begun to think out. Can't wait for self driving cars that malfunction and drove off plugged in to a 440 outlet.

Users who are viewing this thread