Tesla roadster 0-60 in UNDER 2 seconds

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
It looks good!
But at that price point I don't think the idea will take the world by storm any time soon. Thankfully.
Like wind farms. They take up tons of space & can't support a real profit without our tax $ helping it limp along.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
i thought that 2.0 flat was the theoretical limit for 0-60mph for awd car on street tires? Their claiming 1.9sec to 60 and high 8s in the quarter for a production car? INSANITY if true

scott_0

Established Member
Is this the beginning of the end for the big block V8s and super cars that are gas powered? This (seems) to out perform a ton of vehicles out there. Especially with a 8.8sec quarter mile.
This makes me want to cling to my slow GT500.

eh not as long as there fuel available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
i thought that 2.0 flat was the theoretical limit for 0-60mph for awd car on street tires? Their claiming 1.9sec to 60 and high 8s in the quarter for a production car? INSANITY if true
The RS200 Evo did 1.9 or 1.7 0-60 but I dont know what surface or tires they did it on. A couple "streetable" cars have done it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
The RS200 Evo did 1.9 or 1.7 0-60 but I dont know what surface or tires they did it on. A couple "streetable" cars have done it.

Why do we need all this power and speed on the street? It's just a "Motorized Weapon in the Wrong Hands". Faster, yet for some reason I think the people crying about the Demon will be curiously quite in this case.

https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...-motorized-weapon-on-the-wrong-hands.1150477/

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member

only other vehicle i can think of capable of sub 2.0 is alpha 12 GTR but you would need to be on prepped drag strip. From what i understand it can still smoke all 4 tires from a dig on the street.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Honestly, even if it does 0-100 in 2 seconds I like combustion power better.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

96 cobra

Established Member
As a kid I always thought it would be a blast to own a full sized slot car, this confirms it...

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Why do we need all this power and speed on the street? It's just a "Motorized Weapon in the Wrong Hands". Faster, yet for some reason I think the people crying about the Demon will be curiously quite in this case.

https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...-motorized-weapon-on-the-wrong-hands.1150477/

only other vehicle i can think of capable of sub 2.0 is alpha 12 GTR but you would need to be on prepped drag strip. From what i understand it can still smoke all 4 tires from a dig on the street.

I think it is more common than we think but no one really ever measures it. Im sure there are a lot of modded Gallardos, GTRs, and 911 Turbos that have been doing it for years. Lots of cars are doing it all day long on the track, but Im sure there are a handful that can do it on the street. The RS200 Evo did it at the 650hp setting and I remember a Pikes Peak driver (Stig Blomquist I think?) doing a recorded run in his modded RS200 and it was like 1.3.

This is nuts.

"...dollar price tag hits 60 mph in 2.5 seconds. The Ford RS200's 0-60 mph time was 2.1 seconds, you guessed it, in the dirt. Sigh..."

After looking some more the RS200 held the record for a long time officially at 2.1, but they did go faster.

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
design and appeal really isn't their thing apparently cause I've yet to see one that itsnt borderline fugly! this one looks like an aborted Ford Probe smh.

Riptide

Established Member
Gonna be a while yet before soccer mom's new tesla mini van can destroy a late model modded mustang in the 1/4 for the same price. It may someday happen.

Handwriting is on the wall. Electric cars will eventually dominate in every regard. I may be gone from this world before it happens.

Tesla is too big to fail and when they finally produce and turn a profit on their own. Which someday they will. All the complaints about subsidies and whatnot will be forgotten.

Badass_Forever

Established Member
It looks good!
But at that price point I don't think the idea will take the world by storm any time soon. Thankfully.
Like wind farms. They take up tons of space & can't support a real profit without our tax $ helping it limp along.

I'm glad for this, this is why i pay taxes. all of the above are a huge step in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread