Test Drive Accident

cthunder

Established Member
If it's not asked, how is it lying or feel guilty about it? Would the accident been prevented IF he was in the car with you? If not, let it be.

lightningone

Established Member
I dont really think you should do anything about the salesman not being in the car with you. Guessing that its not your first time buying a car you could have said something to him about being in the care with you but like most and myself included, hey if he's going to let me go then "sweet". But because something happend now what? I just wouldn't do anything to him and with the way the story went sounds like someone else at the dealership might have seen he wasn't in the car with you. But sorry to here about the issues and glad that your ok.

FordFanStan

Established Member
The dealers insurance coverage only applies IF a dealer employee was in the car with you at the time of the roadtest. Thats why he said "say that I was in the car with you". Loop hole for the insurance company to tell the dealer to pound sand. You could sue the dealer and wait to let it all get worked out over a long ass period of time or just keep your mouth shut unless asked directly if the salesman was in the car at the time of the collision. There insurance company will go after the other driver so why make more waves?

I don't even think it matters about the dealers ins. When is the last time you saw a rear-end accident where the one who got rear-ended was found at fault. FFS

TheFranchise

Established Member
Again, I don't want to get the guy fired - but he was a total ass. I believe what goes around comes around so in the long run he will get his. He was just being lazy and did not want to go with me. Did not copy my license nor give me the dealer plate with insurance on it.

I will never go back to this dealership again and I don't recommend them to anyone in Houston.

JohninMD

Established Member
if he was an ass to you then tell him to get you some new tires, or whatever your next mod is to keep your mouth shut lol He keeps his job, the dealership gets the insurance money, you get new whatever, its a win win situation for all ! :)

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I don't even think it matters about the dealers ins. When is the last time you saw a rear-end accident where the one who got rear-ended was found at fault. FFS

The dealers insurance company will be going after the "other" driver and more than likely they will send someone out to interview Franchise since he ultimately was the driver of the covered property. If they find a reason/loop hole to bounce the claim, they will and fast.

If I go for a roadtest and do no have the Repair Order in hand for that exact car and I get into an accident I'm responsible for the damages. If we get another dealers car in for warranty work (Carmax) I am not allowed to drive it off the property because our insurance will not cover another dealers car with one of OUR D tags on it.

We pay out the ass to have our inventory covered. Think of all of the "Lot Damage" claims that are made. Thats why our deductible is $1000 for each claim.

Users who are viewing this thread