test drove 03 cobra and lincoln navi. opinions...

xprocharged

Established Member
have had my mind set on getting an 03 cobra but i might put it on hold after seeing the navigator. i really did like the cobra, but that can wait. i know when i get it ill have to sink some money into it but the lincoln will be fine as is. plus i work construction so if i got the cobra i wouldnt be able to trade my 98 tahoe in cause i would need it for work. just wonderin, anyone on here have a navi.- im lookin at 2003 and up. any serious common problems. from what ive read they need 91 octane or up. dont really like that for a daily driven truck, but if i got to i got to. gas mileage? sure not good at all but i would like to talk to someone that owns one. that thing is like a bentley compared to my tahoe

You'll have some wonderful opportunities to make friends with everything in the Lincoln service department if you go with the Navigator.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Euphoric One said:
You'll have some wonderful opportunities to make friends with everything in the Lincoln service department if you go with the Navigator.

The same could be true with the Cobra. ;-)

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
xprocharged said:
have had my mind set on getting an 03 cobra but i might put it on hold after seeing the navigator. i really did like the cobra, but that can wait. i know when i get it ill have to sink some money into it but the lincoln will be fine as is. plus i work construction so if i got the cobra i wouldnt be able to trade my 98 tahoe in cause i would need it for work. just wonderin, anyone on here have a navi.- im lookin at 2003 and up. any serious common problems. from what ive read they need 91 octane or up. dont really like that for a daily driven truck, but if i got to i got to. gas mileage? sure not good at all but i would like to talk to someone that owns one. that thing is like a bentley compared to my tahoe

I have an 04 Cobra.. and a 99 32V DOHC Navigator...
1. Both require at least 91 octane fuel...
2. Both both will entice you to use plenty of that pricey fuel(better than average acceleration available at will)

03 + up Navigator issues...
1. Still burning exhaust valves(people think they can run regular fuel in them)
2. Memory seat/mirror sensor problems
3. Power lift gate module and power running board motors... paying the grocery bills right now(they are available with out these semi unreliable options)

The two vehicles are GALAXIES APART!!!!

The Navigators(even the 1st gen) are one of the most comfortable vehicles you will ever drive!!!

The 03/04 Cobras are one of the most capable high performance vehicles most people will ever drive!!!

Get both!!!..........I did!!!........ lol

If you have any concerns about fuel economy what so ever...

I would look elsewhere for your vehicle needs...

Navi = exceedingly comfy, plush, stylish, ... and tastefully done.

Cobra = OUTRAGEOUSLY FUN TO DRIVE!!!... comfy on a totally different level... incredibly capable(performance wise).... and capable of 0 to 100 and back to speed limit in in less time than it takes to wipe the smile off your face!!!(you'll still be grinning while you are punching in at work!!!)

ODD choices... totally different vehicles :dw:

:thumbsup:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i'm with jimmy!
my dad has a 00 32v navigator and i have an 04 cobra......when i'm back in town and don't have the cobra, that navi is one bad b*tch to drive. i love that thing!
both are great.....so why not have both LOL

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
I drove an 04 navi, and oh my god.. it rides so nice, and nothing like a cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread