Test drove a 2010 6.2L...

SSSNAKE03

WhippleCharged
Established Member
I just got back from test driving a 2010 6.2L Raptor. I have loved the Raptors ever since they came out, and drool over every one I see on the road. I went over to a local dealer today and took one out for a spin. This one was a 2010 6.2L with Nav and the sunroof.

After driving it for about 20 minutes I realized that I am getting more looks in this truck than I do in my Cobra.

I was not very impressed with the truck's power. I know it is an off-road monster, but it just felt slow as shit on the street.

I test drove a 2011 FX4 Ecoboost before the Raptor, and I was MUCH more impressed with that truck. (Not to mention the gas mileage is much better in the Ecoboost)

I still love the Raptors, but after driving one, and comparing it to the FX4 Ecoboost, my lust to have one has gone down a lot.

39140570.jpg

10372328.jpg

22743289.jpg

23510371.jpg

91710800.jpg

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Not insulting your intelligence, but are you sure it was a 6.2L and not a 5.4L? When I was looking for mine (and I had to talk to about 15 different salesmen to find what I wanted) I found that not all of them know what they are talking about. I even had one dude imply that the truck was supercharged "because it is a SVT."

It's definitely not as fast as my two Mustangs and doesn't have a lot up top, but the torque combined with 4:10 gears make it enjoyable off the line, especially considering it weighs over 6,000 lbs.

And +1 for the trucks drawing a lot of attention! I wish I had a dollar for every look I have gotten or time I've gotten asked about it while getting gas.

STR8JAKT

Tis but a Scratch
Established Member
I am happy with the power, try driving one with the 5.4........as a matter of fact drive anything with the 5.4. Don't forget these weight a bit more than a standard f150 with ecoboost.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
the sticker across the windshield says 6.2 liter V8, I would hope its correct

I saw that, but car salesmen are car salesmen and it is used. I could find 5.4L's all day long, along with dealers trying to sell me 5.4L's calling them 6.2L's just because they knew they were a hot ticket. I wouldn't trust a sticker on a windshield, a manufacturer's sticker yes, but not something put on like that that's not from the factory.

SSSNAKE03

WhippleCharged
Established Member
I saw that, but car salesmen are car salesmen and it is used. I could find 5.4L's all day long, along with dealers trying to sell me 5.4L's calling them 6.2L's just because they knew they were a hot ticket. I wouldn't trust a sticker on a windshield, a manufacturer's sticker yes, but not something put on like that that's not from the factory.

Yeah it was a 6.2L. The salesman said it was the 5.4 but the sticker on the windshield was correct. I checked under the hood.

It definitely got a lot of attention, and I would love to have one, but I cant justify the MPGs lol.

:beer:

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Yeah, $100 fill ups and 12 MPG averages hurt. I recently went on about a three hour trip to north GA and averaged 13.9 on the way up. On the way back, there was a strong wind blowing towards me and it dropped my average to 12.6!

I'm just glad there are plenty of Prius owners out there so that there will be plenty of gas around for years to come...even if it does go up to $10 a gallon. At least I'll have fun burning it up!:rockon:

Fordx4

Established Member
Yeah, $100 fill ups and 12 MPG averages hurt. I recently went on about a three hour trip to north GA and averaged 13.9 on the way up. On the way back, there was a strong wind blowing towards me and it dropped my average to 12.6!

I'm just glad there are plenty of Prius owners out there so that there will be plenty of gas around for years to come...even if it does go up to $10 a gallon. At least I'll have fun burning it up!:rockon:

I have a 40 miles trip each way everyday and get 17-18mpg going 55mph. I'm perfectly happy with that.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Did they not put the 6.2L badge on until 2011?

God those are nice, I still need to go drive one for myself. Should feel kinda quick since I haven't had my Cobra in a while.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
after owning a 5.4 F150 and then being in the 6.2 this past weekend, there is no comparison. the 6.2 has way better acceleration. i've also drove the new ecoboost and i didnt see much difference over the 6.2. i think someone hit the nail on the head when they said it probably felt slow because you are use to your cobra.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
after owning a 5.4 F150 and then being in the 6.2 this past weekend, there is no comparison. the 6.2 has way better acceleration. i've also drove the new ecoboost and i didnt see much difference over the 6.2. i think someone hit the nail on the head when they said it probably felt slow because you are use to your cobra.

The ecoboost would feel very different in the raptor. The raptor is a lot heavier. A truck built for speed get a lightning, a truck built for towing get 250, a truck built to haul ass off road get a Raptor!:beer:

TargeT

Established Member
15.5 @ 88mph

powerbraked off the line in offroad mode (locked rear dif, 4x4 high)

not the fastest in the world, thats for sure, and the transmission's shifting logic is complete CRAP on the 2010... hopefully a tune fixes it.

killakella

Established Member
I love my bright red 07 FX4 F150 but when I saw the Raptor in person I was like DAMN I should have waited for it. Another truck payment wouldnt be to bad right, SIKE!

Users who are viewing this thread