Test drove a 95, have questions

Ghost

Ghost
Established Member
Last night I test drove a 95 with 155k and have a couple questions. White with grey lthr/cloth combo with a 5spd

First it felt VERY sluggish off the line, almost as if I was starting in 2nd...but I wasn't. It took a bit of clutch work to get it off the line but once it was rolling it had good top end. Is this normal?

It has 155k, should I be worried?

In certain positions, it wouldn't shift to reverse without grinding, Im not sure exactly what this is about...any ideas?

He said it had a Cobra Mass air Meter and it idled a little rough, common problem?

I asked about the 60k mile tune up and he didn't know anything about it, he just said he changed the oil every 3k and fixed problems when they arose.

All in all, I can get it pretty cheap (hes asking 1500) and was wondering if this would be good for an everyday commuter (25 miles each way) I dont want something that I will purchase and then have to sink twice what I paid into it.

All comments and information is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I wouldnt pay more than $800 for that car.

It needs that 60k. Thats the bogging issue.

If your looking for a reliable daily driver, this car is not for you.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
If the SHO owner knew nothing of the 60k, personnaly, I'd stay away unless you like inheriting numerous problems. God only knows...

The BigSHO

Established Member
SHOs are high maintenance. If you don't take care of them, they will leave you stranded.

As far as sluggish off the line goes, all SHOs are doggy off the line. This one sounds like it was poorly maintained though. I would pass on it too...

digdugdaddy

Tainty Suprise
Established Member
Not a good daily driver at all. With that many miles, it'll need a whole rebuild more than likey, not just the 60 or 120K service. The reverse problem, front what I've read and experience, is a common problem with most SHO's. That damn rod shifter is a piece in my opinion. I had a '92 for almost a month and couldn't sell it fast enough. Good riddance I say.

Users who are viewing this thread