Test drove an '03.

xason

10 seconds isn't cheap
Established Member
I just came back from the dealership after test driving an '03. It was a bone stock '03 with 14,000 miles Dark Shadow Grey. Some things I noticed, at first when the windows were down I was trying hard to hear that Eaton whine but couldn't really hear it...rolled the windows up and I could finally hear that whine, It was SO awesome! I love the car so much. One thing the gears felt too long 1st to 2nd felt weird and light. I couldn't drive it to it's full potential because I didn't want to scare the dealerman because he was already holding his hands high on the roof and I was barely driving it!! This is by far the best car I have ever drove.

One thing I noticed is the wheel didn't say "COBRA" it had the horse on it though. Then we went into the showroom and I asked what the price was and he said $36,988!!!

Last edited:

Romans8:28

Established Member
If your posting in the US, that price is WAY WAY to HIGH brand new 04 mystichrome verts were sold at that price.

A 14K 03 is great condition is worth ~25K give or take

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
You didn't miss out..

That price is to HIGH for an 03 with 14k. You can get that same car for about 25 or 26k. Keep looking... Have and 03 too and love it!! Oh buy the way paid 26k for mine with extras about 9 months ago. GOOD LUCK..

xason

10 seconds isn't cheap
Established Member
I kinda knew that price was wayy too high seeing as the MSRP is like $35,000 I'm just happy I finally got to drive an '03 after seeing all these videos and everything for 2 years I finally was behind the wheel of one. Damn them trying to rip me off but I let it known to them and I told them the blue book was only $27,000 and asked to maybe get it down to like $32,000 but they wouldn't budge at all and said a lot of other people inquired about the car. Hopefully I will purchase one very soon bone stock or not that Eaton supercharger whine is the best thing ever.

Last edited:

Jpjr

Established Member
xason said:
I kinda knew that price was wayy too high seeing as the MSRP is like $35,000 I'm just happy I finally got to drive an '03 after seeing all these videos and everything for 2 years I finally was behind the wheel of one. Damn them trying to rip me off but I let it known to them and I told them the blue book was only $27,000 and asked to maybe get it down to like $32,000 but they wouldn't budge at all and said a lot of other people inquired about the car. Hopefully I will purchase one very soon bone stock or not that Eaton supercharger whine is the best thing ever.

A lot of people have inquired? It's a used 2003??!?!?!

He's ripping you off. Your not stupid enough to buy this car. I bought a loaded, 2003 10th Anniversary Vert last summer for 30k out the door... with 3000 miles!!! Hell this is 6 months later I wouldn't even pay that now..

Don't even consider buying that car for more than 25k. He's trying to sell a used car for over MSRP!! Better yet.. do what I did. I was looking at SRT-4's and the guy kept quoting me high prices because he said the demand was 'so high'... I told him to give me a call when the price hit 40k and I'd buy it then, lol.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Don't be surprised if the guys calls in a few days and says "Good news! We can sell you the car for $32,000". He's really trying to rip you off so I would stay away from that dealership. The other guys have already told you what the used '03s are worth.

The supercharger whine really starts to show up when you add a cold air intake and/or remove the air silencer from the fender. The sound combination of supercharger whine and aftermarket exhaust is really cool. Keep looking and find one for a decent price and you can experience it, too. Good luck!

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
i just bought mine a month ago and i can help you out quite a bit man, PM me if you want some really good help. i'm only 19 so i had to take this route which is not smart but i really love cobras, but heres what i did. i worked hard 6 months and saved 8k, the 03 silver coupe with 23,800 miles on it was priced at 30k and the dealership JUST got it in and called me cuz they knew i was looking and had been for about 2 months, i got them down to 27k AND he would get me approved for a loan since i only had a macys credit card that i hardly had used. well he got me a 24k loan at 8.7% for 5 years. well a few factors that made me go through with this, hear me out... my insurance is only 155 a month (i'm 19 and it's full coverage) however my payments are 509.50 a month =/. it woulda been 450 but i'm dumb and got the extended warranty which i wish i woulda never gotten because i'm hearing all these horror storyes now and i have a lot of modding in the next couple of months. lets see... oh i also got the car because it was love at first site lol, and it also had a steeda CAI which is nothing to cry about. but the main reason i did this is because i had a hookup at the dealership on a loan and the price was OKAY... i probably shoulda only payed 25-26 IMO but oh well. and i don't know too many people that would give a 19 year old a 24k loan with NO co-signer. so yea thats my story, PM if you need help on looking for some good prices cuz i know 2 really good sites because i looked at prices for like 6 months.

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
Just know I paid 33 OTD in September for my brand new 04. 37,000 is just crazy for a used 03 I have never heard of a price that high. You could get a used 03 with a KB for under that. Keep looking it will happen, you are better of talking to the sales manager as well they go lower in price sometimes. Good luck man its a great car!!!

Last edited:

Jpjr

Established Member
I would still take my advice when the dealer calls. Just tell him to call you back when the price has hit $50k, because you really want a hot car...

1FastFord

Established Member
like everyone else is telling you, way over priced. I payed $29000 for a brand new 04 in Sept.

GA Terminator

Established Member
Everybody is exactly correct. That price is absurd. I would first look for a new one. They may be hard to find, but that is the first route to take. I bought a brand new redfire coupe 8 months ago for 29k. Try searching the internet on dealer inventory in your area and you might just find a new one. Good luck!!

Horsed

Established Member
Wings65288 said:
\but i'm dumb and got the extended warranty which i wish i woulda never gotten because i'm hearing all these horror storyes now and i have a lot of modding in the next couple of months.\

You know that a lot of times you can call them up, cancel the warranty and get most your money back. Call and find out.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Horsed said:
You know that a lot of times you can call them up, cancel the warranty and get most your money back. Call and find out.

I've done it before - they won't pay you unless you have the car paid off. If you have a loan, they will refund the portion to the lein holder. Either way - if you know it is not going to be used (or that it is already voided) it is foolish to not get your money back.

03snake03

Established Member
I bought my in Oct 04 for 26k on the dot. It was a brand new 03 black coupe with 118 miles on it. A used 03 couple with 14k miles has to be worth less then my new 03 with 118 miles on it. I'd say pay no more than 25k for it. I'd run from that dealership.

:??:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
03snake03 said:
I bought my in Oct 04 for 26k on the dot. It was a brand new 03 black coupe with 118 miles on it. A used 03 couple with 14k miles has to be worth less then my new 03 with 118 miles on it. I'd say pay no more than 25k for it. I'd run from that dealership.

:??:

DO you know if your black snake was brought to your dealership from another dealership?

Users who are viewing this thread