Tested my 125 shot last night

s1975oh

Established Member
So I've had my car up and running on my NX plate kit, I chose BBR for my kit and tune, while waiting for my tune from BBR, I've been messing around on 100 utilizing a BAMA tune ( risky i know), I finally received my revision and I was excited to test it out, the BBR tune is actually a 150 shot tune, car hits 18 degrees of timing at redline, I loaded the 125 jets in, did a few pulls and my car hesitated quite a few times, logs showed up to 4 degrees of timing being pulled. Im not to happy about that. I then went back to bama and the 100 shot and she ran flawlessly, logs showed zero knock correction. I am running one step colders gapped at .030, 93 octane as usual. Ive been trying to understand this whole 2 degrees per 50 shot thing, my bama nitrous tune achieves 22-24 degrees at redline for the 100 shot, while the BBR tune hits 18 degrees designed for a 150, why would my car have knock correction at 125? Also from what point is timing being pulled? stock timing or from what the car usually sees on a performance tune, I normally see 27-29 degrees on my 93 performance tune.

4VFTW

Established Member
29 deg is alot of timing for a 93 tune. as to why your seeing knock on one tune and not the other could be due to a few factors such as how much fuel is commanded or the VCT profile.

69camaro...

Established Member
Why not???

Also just contact steve, no one on here will solve your issue better than your tuner

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
if my car was pulling 4* on a 125 shot I certainly would'nt put the 150 pills in it.

It could be because it is running stupid rich and causing spark blow out thus causing detonation/knock.

Let me re-read lol

Last edited:

s1975oh

Established Member
I don't really want to spray 150 LOL, Steve said that BBRs 150 tune is compatible with either 100, 125 or 150. The BBR tune is seeing 18 degrees at redline and feels Piss slow NA which is obvious due to the timing retard, the BAMA 100 shot tune sees 22-24 degrees of timing and shows no knock on the 100 shot. The BBR tune knocks on the 125 shot.
NX plate kit wet shot, one step colder .030 gap. 93 octane. I think this is a better summary lol, I will be contacting Steve on monday, I initially thought that 18 degrees of timing was leaving some horses on the table assuming id only be spraying a 100 shot, 125 at most.

Last edited:

69camaro...

Established Member
The tune just needs to be adjusted. Thats a very healthy number for N/A as well without headers.

s1975oh

Established Member
Ive never tracked it modded because of MT 82 issues, my second gear would grind and bind at WOT, it doesn't seem to do it anymore since I've added the whiteline mount insert, none the less, thats what the dyno spat out, Dynojet, anyways thats all off topic of my issue in this thread so I'm editing that out before people get stuck up on it.

BBR does have the best nitrous tunes if you do your research, that was why I was shocked to have my car run like that, especially on a tune that has timing pulled for a 150, I'm sure they will have it sorted out. I just want to know that I'm making efficient power on my setup.

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
What plugs? If you're using the 6510s, .030 is a HUGE amount of adjustment when they come out of the box at .045.

2* per 50 is way old school nitrous rule of thumb. There is no hard and fast rule with nitrous. Each car likes something a little bit different.

I can tell you this, I would absolutely not spray my car with a bama sticker on my car, let alone a bama tune.

stroked mach

Established Member
I would never trust a mail tune on the spray or blower car, sounds like ou need ot put the 150 and try it once to see what it does

s1975oh

Established Member
What plugs? If you're using the 6510s, .030 is a HUGE amount of adjustment when they come out of the box at .045.

2* per 50 is way old school nitrous rule of thumb. There is no hard and fast rule with nitrous. Each car likes something a little bit different.

I can tell you this, I would absolutely not spray my car with a bama sticker on my car, let alone a bama tune.

I believe its the 6510's the ones that BBR sell with their kit, the recommended gap is between .028-.035, yeah Im well aware of BAMA, its crap, but believe it or not on that 100 shot, according to my logs its okay, none the less, I was using that as a temporary means to enjoy my car. The BBR tune came with Datalogging, but at this point I just want it dyno tuned to be honest.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I would not spray it with that tune...call Steve in the morning and have Chris take another look at what he sent you. You could log the tune with the nitrous off and see what its doing. My bet is possibly something got corrupt and Chris will write you a new tune and send it to you. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread