Texas Legalizes Kei Trucks

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Counties should begin accepting and processing title and registration applications for mini vehicles and ensure the applicant or dealer provides all required title and registration documents, including import documents when applicable. Ensure any off-highway use only vehicles are titled but not registered. Do not collect a delinquent transfer penalty for mini vehicles impacted by this [Registration and Title Bulletin].

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
Buddy of mine has one here in Georgia. He painted it and uses it for his business.

Attachments

• 377952864_10160213977082182_4286093484281359724_n.jpg
    377952864_10160213977082182_4286093484281359724_n.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 65

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Buddy of mine has one here in Georgia. He painted it and uses it for his business.
Somebody in town has a similar mini-truck. Uses it for his business. It's funny as heck seeing two guys squished into such a small truck.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
It's weird how the liberals hate them. You'd think they'd be all over it.

Micro trucks perfect for crowded cities, significantly better emissions then any UTV/Off Road vehicle, imported, etc.

But naw, it's been non-stop screaming since they started become available..

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Guy in Goodyear has a pile of them for $8k a pop. Pricy. I've seen guys on Facebook say you can get them imported for about $5k.

$1.5k Truck
$2k shipping
$500 paper work
$1k in taxes & port fees

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
See kei cars often here and a lot of people are turning to them as actual transportation alternatives. One of the shops I worked at had a Daihatsu kei truck that we used to transfer stuff around the lot. They're fun to drive.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Our sons is a Dahatsu HiJet (his friends "in the know" suggested this model as a "good one"). It cost just over $4k to import. He used an importer out of NY, he bought it at auction in Japan and got it state side, with all of the needed paperwork. Process took around 3 months.

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
Somebody in town has a similar mini-truck. Uses it for his business. It's funny as heck seeing two guys squished into such a small truck.
He let me drive it once, it was an experience to say the least. Cant get in it without removing the steering wheel and my knees basically dig into the dash. It also struggled to do 50mph going down hill lol

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
It's weird how the liberals hate them. You'd think they'd be all over it.

Micro trucks perfect for crowded cities, significantly better emissions then any UTV/Off Road vehicle, imported, etc.

But naw, it's been non-stop screaming since they started become available..

Why do they hate them?

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
dude I drive trucks for a living, there's no way I'm putting my ass in that matchbox car knowing the damage a midsized car can do let alone 80k pounds

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
My parents used to have one they drove all over their oil lease property in oklahoma. Had it years. They had nothing but good things to say about it. A lot of fun to drive offroad apparently too. My mom really misses it.

Users who are viewing this thread