JLT intake
Toyo 888Rs
170oF Thermostat
SPE Adjustable Idler
E-85
PBD TUNED

Results: 1026RWHP/708RWTQ

EDITED FOR Updates 30MAR24.

Car made 797RWHP/644RWTQ on 93 with stock un-ported blower and without fuel rails.

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Im thinkin you'll be in the 840 RWHP range. Should be fun 9 sec 1/4 mile car to play with for sure. 760 -12% drivetrain loss + 180 RWHP gain in mods =848 RWHP

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Because they carry over to the 3100 VMP has in the works.

Hasn't the 3100 "been in the works" for several years now?

What blower is actually using the 3100 rotor pack?

I know Kong was doing work on a 3100 but stopped because the 2650 is actually more efficient. The required case dimensions are challenging for this rotor pack.

Which is funny because the 2300 is actually more efficient than the 2650. I went with an xported 2300 on my zr1 for this reason.

Whipple 3.8 is already available if you want to do a big dick build. Personally there is no comparison between a gen 5 Whipple and a VMP but that is just my opinion (and I have plenty of experience with VMP.)

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Hasn't the 3100 "been in the works" for several years now?

What blower is actually using the 3100 rotor pack?

I know Kong was doing work on a 3100 but stopped because the 2650 is actually more efficient. The required case dimensions are challenging for this rotor pack.

Which is funny because the 2300 is actually more efficient than the 2650. I went with an xported 2300 on my zr1 for this reason.

Whipple 3.8 is already available if you want to do a big dick build. Personally there is no comparison between a gen 5 Whipple and a VMP but that is just my opinion (and I have plenty of experience with VMP.)

It certainly has been “in the works” for a few years now lol. With that said, I’ve always liked VMP’s approach where you don’t have to lower the engine, Everything is interchangeable, you aren’t stuck with Whipples proprietary equipment. I really liked my Gen3R on my 14 and since everyone already has a Whipple I’m excited to be one of the first with a 3100 on a 2020+ GT500.

Another reason is that I enjoy doing a lot of the work myself, and I like to do things in stages. This set up didn’t require any major equipment changes, and I think it provides a good basis for what you can do with what I would consider minor Bolt ons.

Swapping the supercharger and possibly upgrading the fuel system in my opinion is another matter.

And I would like to do both of those set ups, and provide some information to people who may be interested in doing that in the future.

Now, if @Justin@VMP would just go ahead and sell me one of those, we could quit ****ing around and start testing a VMP3100 with a 200 shot direct port nitrous system.

fast-and-furious-nitros.gif

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
It certainly has been “in the works” for a few years now lol. With that said, I’ve always liked VMP’s approach where you don’t have to lower the engine, Everything is interchangeable, you aren’t stuck with Whipples proprietary equipment. I really liked my Gen3R on my 14 and since everyone already has a Whipple I’m excited to be one of the first with a 3100 on a 2020+ GT500.

Another reason is that I enjoy doing a lot of the work myself, and I like to do things in stages. This set up didn’t require any major equipment changes, and I think it provides a good basis for what you can do with what I would consider minor Bolt ons.

Swapping the supercharger and possibly upgrading the fuel system in my opinion is another matter.

And I would like to do both of those set ups, and provide some information to people who may be interested in doing that in the future.

Now, if @Justin@VMP would just go ahead and sell me one of those, we could quit ****ing around and start testing a VMP3100 with a 200 shot direct port nitrous system.

fast-and-furious-nitros.gif

A well spun ported stock blower will put you well into mid 900s. I would bet that Kong has gotten >1k with his magic dremel skills. The stock blower is an amazing unit.

Regardless if Whipple or VMP you will need to think about clutch packs at the power levels you are talking about. Not to mention a big tire. A small tire 900whp set up will outrun a small tire 1100whp in most instances.

I am sure that you are well aware but just flagging the wormhole you will go down once you get into massive power.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
A well spun ported stock blower will put you well into mid 900s. I would bet that Kong has gotten >1k with his magic dremel skills. The stock blower is an amazing unit.

Regardless if Whipple or VMP you will need to think about clutch packs at the power levels you are talking about. Not to mention a big tire. A small tire 900whp set up will outrun a small tire 1100whp in most instances.

I am sure that you are well aware but just flagging the wormhole you will go down once you get into massive power.

No doubt. I am not even sure if the DCT is serviceable from the information I have seen through Palm Beach Dyno I believe Ken was acquiring a spare transmission because of that.

My end goal would be to have a streetable 950-1000 HP conservative, set up and a max effort, full retard, set up that I could play with as a ticking time bomb lol

Users who are viewing this thread