TH400 Install complete!!

badboysbailagnt

Established Member
Got Fastlane motorsports in benson nc to install a TH400 for me. The car feels alot faster. We thought it would bring the power down to 560's but its still hanging in there at 607 rwhp and 532 rwt. The car blows the tires off very easy now. The hoosiers on it are worn out so i need a new set and im going to do some suspension stuff and change the gears from 3.73's to 3.27's.With the 3.73's it turns about 3200rpm at 70mph. Im going to try and keep the car looking like a street car for now but run like a race car. This is just one big peice of the puzzel that i wanted to get done. I never could learn how to shift a 6 speed like alot of you guys on here so i gave that up long time ago. I cant thank the crew at Fastlane enough!!!!! Ill post up more pics when i get it on the rack tomorrow at work

specs

Freshly Rebuilt (less than 300 miles) TH400 w/ Transbrake
UltraBell bell housing
Custom Driveshaft
Hurst Quarter Stick
9” Custom Torque Convertor by UCC
9966e1a1.jpg

55762323.gif

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Awesome... currently researching trying to find a good write up on the install. I want a TH400 so bad!!!! Congrats!

gamebred26

Established Member
why a th400 over a c4? Not to familiar with the autos. you dont get full lockup on either one right?

badboysbailagnt

Established Member
I got lucky and got it out of a car they were trying to sell. 3200 but it feels looser. I have to raise the car back up and properly setup my suspension because there is no traction now. Even with the Hoosiers

Users who are viewing this thread