Thanks to the dude in the Silver Terminator in South Jersey who helped me push my car

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Just wanted to give a little shout out to the guy in the Silver cobra coupe who helped move my car off the side of the road down in South Jersey. We both acknowledged that we were on this forum but for the life of me I can't remember what his username was.

I would have been ****ed in the middle of the road if he didn't help me move my dead horse out of the way.

I'm hopin its just my alternator but I'll probably take a closer look tomorrow as I'm crazy backed up today and now behind because of this setback lol. About 15 minutes before my car crapped out, it seemed to feel a little weaker and if I gave it too much throttle, it seemed to stutter... so i figured I'd just take it slow and try to get home quickly. Unfortunately I hit a red light and when I put it in neutral it just stalled out and wouldn't start back up. When I turn the ignition it clicks a few times then stops, not like the normal dead battery clicking that goes for a little. All my interior lights were fully lit so I doubt it was my battery...

Oh well.... just glad to know that there are still good people out there to help!

Thanks again buddy

-Mike

Terminated03

Established Member
Did any dummy lights come on?

Im at 41,500 miles and I cant help but be concerned every time I venture more than 20 miles from home. My car was a 99% stock vehicle until I got it and it is very early run (#39), but I cant help but worry that this ticking time-bomb will blow up sometime soon.

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member

Im at 41,500 miles and I cant help but be concerned every time I venture more than 20 miles from home. My car was a 99% stock vehicle until I got it and it is very early run (#39), but I cant help but worry that this ticking time-bomb will blow up sometime soon.

nope no lights at all. just felt a little weak and studdered at high rpms about 10 miles before the final stall out. once it was in neutral at the light tho it just shut off.

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member

nope no lights at all. just felt a little weak and studdered at high rpms about 10 miles before the final stall out. once it was in neutral at the light tho it just shut off.

edit: my car is at about 62k miles fyi. stock except for catback and an intake

vipergts281

Established Member
Hey Mike,

Glad I could help out. I saw you from a distance at the light and was surprised to see another Cobra...I don't see too many.

Guess what, my car is dead now. Same problem as you...just clicks when I try to start it.

I assume you fixed yours by now? Was it the alternator?

Last edited:

mrose75

Established Member
Same thing mine did to me October 1st! Driving, then weak, stuttering, staking and dead. Charged it off of a buddy's F-150 for about 30 minutes and drove it to the stealership with no issues. Ran strong all the way there.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Hey Mike,

Glad I could help out. I saw you from a distance at the light and was surprised to see another Cobra...I don't see too many.

Guess what, my car is dead now. Same problem as you...just clicks when I try to start it.

I assume you fixed your by now? Was it the alternator?

Ha kinda cool you actually found this thread! Sucks about your alt though, its a bitch when they go out.

Worst feeling in the world is driving home and the car completely shutting down on you lol. I had just installed a firewall adjuster/quadrant in my car and was heading to a get together to watch the Texas/Alabama NC game. Needless to say I missed Colt McCoy getting knocked out of the game :loser:

vipergts281

Established Member
Ha kinda cool you actually found this thread! Sucks about your alt though, its a bitch when they go out.

Worst feeling in the world is driving home and the car completely shutting down on you lol. I had just installed a firewall adjuster/quadrant in my car and was heading to a get together to watch the Texas/Alabama NC game. Needless to say I missed Colt McCoy getting knocked out of the game :loser:
I tried to find the OP on here a few days after it happened but like him, couldn't remember his username. I knew it had Mike in it, that was it. You know, a not so common name. :)

I actually found this thread when searching the forum because my car died last night. Was looking to see if I could find out if it's the starter, alternator, or battery.

I'm on my 3rd alternator so you'd think I'd know by now if that's the problem. :idea:

Users who are viewing this thread