That moment when

MIDTNSVT

Established Member
You cringe because your fixing to watch a wreck happen. Saturday night I was in my car waiting to pull out and low and behold I see a 13/14 silver GT pulling out just right down the road heading the opposite way. He sees me in my car and hammers on it only to nail the brakes because a Cadillac just pulled out from the grocery store I was attempting to leave. Bam :nonono:. I felt bad because it was a nice new stock GT, but that feeling that you get when you know it's coming. Anyone else experience this type of situation recently?

It was crazy because I live in a farming area and you don't see a lot of mustangs. So when I saw it I was thinking hey cool don't see that too often a brand new GT around here. Maybe that's why....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've experienced that a couple of times. And you're absolutely helpless. Can't do a thing. But you wince and know what's coming.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I ****ing hate when people fail to yield and shit like this happens.

That guys probably going to get blamed 100% because he goosed it right before and was going 10-15mph over by the time the ****tard pulled out in front of him and caused a wreck.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Saw this happen one time, but I went from having that feeling to "oh shit!" as the Honda that got nailed across the intersection from me started spinning right towards me. It stopped so close to my truck I had to be careful opening my door.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
That's how my truck was totaled. I was going through an intersection. 50 ft from the intersection the light turned yellow. I was going 30 MPH, kid in the left turn lane on the other side of the intersection thought I was in the right turn lane, so he tried to beat the light. As soon as I saw him turn I knew what was about to happen. I yanked the steering wheel to the right to try and swipe him as best I could instead of t-bone. Crazy part was I was on the phone with my mom when it happened, and she heard everything.

I've always heard that a wreck occurs in slow motion, and it stays with you forever. I will agree with the second part. Didn't really happen slow though.

MIDTNSVT

Established Member
Yeah luckily nobody was hurt that I know of. Just some pride. I wanted to go by and see what damage he had, but putting myself in his shoes I wouldn't want to see another mustang drive by (especially one I was trying to show out in front of) thinking to myself why did I do that? So I turned the way I was originally going, but I know he had to of been but hurt over it. I've only owned my 11 for a few weeks and I can see where it's very tempting to act out, but luckily where I live a nice open back road is very easy to find.

SHOdown220

Established Member
At work a few weeks ago I was greeting a customer and this husky had wandered into our parking lot near main street. One of the guys tried to get her away from the road but scared her and she ran right in front of an explorer. I couldn't do a thing, bothered the hell out of me. Seeing her face and hearing her yelp is burned into my brain.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
At work a few weeks ago I was greeting a customer and this husky had wandered into our parking lot near main street. One of the guys tried to get her away from the road but scared her and she ran right in front of an explorer. I couldn't do a thing, bothered the hell out of me. Seeing her face and hearing her yelp is burned into my brain.

Unfortunately I know that feeling too. Except I didn't know my dog was run over until my neighbor (who was driving) said "Oh my god!"

MIDTNSVT

Established Member
That is something that is very difficult getting over. Seeing a pet get run over is bad for all parties involved. The helpless feeling you get when you know something bad just happened.

leo2hot4tv

Established Member
The moment when: You're about to shit yourself and you know you're not gonna make it to the throne. Followed by: The helpless feeling you get when you know something bad just happened.

punisherser

the real STIG
Established Member
Happened to me once when a guy in a Honda next to me decided to punch it. I saw a car making a left turn into our lane from a distance so I didn't step on the gas, as soon as the Honda passed me too late for him. The good thing no one was hurt.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I've always heard that a wreck occurs in slow motion, and it stays with you forever. I will agree with the second part. Didn't really happen slow though.

I've unfortunately been a passenger in a few bad accidents - I've actually been ejected twice and I'm still here and with no really bad injuries. It def stays with you. I drove past the exact spot where I took a header through a windshield (no seatbelt) this past weekend and sort of felt sick. I can still remember the exact feeling of the glass cutting up my head and it's been about 18 yrs.

Users who are viewing this thread