That's BRISK, Baby!

Emil

Established Member
Tell ya what, if I get verification from a dyno run from someone here, I'm getting some too. I'm very skeptical about 10hp but you can't argue with dyno results !

CyberDaveA

Established Member
Can someone please explain to me how a spark plug can give you more hp... I'm not being a smart ass, I really am just curious to how you get power from the plug?!?

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Found this on the net, interesting:

After one year of very extensive testing of just about every type of plug in a wide variety of vehicles, there just isn't any measurable performance increase by switching from one readily available premium plug to another. Measurable performance gains were always recognized when changing worn out plugs to any new plug. That's how splitfire duped the public. A new $00.79 Champion plug will perform just as well as a new Splitfire. Some plugs will maintain performance longer than others but our testing was not measuring longevity only performance. There is however a new plug available in Europe that is not readily available in the US called BRISK premium. This plug actually showed an increase in HP and fuel economy from 2%-15%. The only drawbacks are that it is not a very good cold weather plug and the life span is about 15-20K miles. They are addressing the cold weather problem. The Brisk plug looks like no other plug. It does not have a negative post at all yet it produces three sparks simultaneously. Splitfire produces one spark that alternates between the two negative posts giving an allusion of two simultaneous sparks. Don't feel bad if you've tried them. I bought a set when they first came out also. I was involved in analyzing the marketability of the BRISK for the US but due to extremely high production costs it was put on hold.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by fusion_ta66
I am very skeptical, but would love to see some results.
I agree. I do find it hard to believe that a set of these plugs will net you 20rwhp. Anyone know what a set Densos net? Certainly WELL below that and that is a great high performance plug. When someone posts some before/after tests under identical conditions on the same car with no other mods or adjustments I'll believe. Just seems to good to be true, and we've seen claims like this before. Time will tell. ;-)

P.S. If the introductory price is $89. a set, what will the regular price be?

Jagged Edge

Established Member
Originally posted by CyberDaveA
Can someone please explain to me how a spark plug can give you more hp... I'm not being a smart ass, I really am just curious to how you get power from the plug?!?

The answer to that question can only be given by that sucker that they say is born every minute.
JE

Last edited:

realsmith

Wally World or Bust
Established Member
Alot of engine builders will index their plugs, these would not need to be indexed. That might help performance some.

Flatliner

THE HEARTBEAT STOPS HERE.
Established Member
Keep in mind that these plugs are not gapped... therefore reduce spark blowout, could it be the gain is seen from the actual 'perfect' spark? I need plugs so I will try them, however I am not going to the dyno to pay 100+ bucks for you guys, sorry! ;)

FearblueR1

Established Member
Well the TR6's I have are brand new, and have only about 200 miles on them. So the theory of new plugs would be out the window if there is any gain with the brisk.

I will swap them on the dyno, and that will be the ONLY change.

If things go well I should get to the dyno this weekend, depends on weather and work. :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by FearblueR1
Well the TR6's I have are brand new, and have only about 200 miles on them. So the theory of new plugs would be out the window if there is any gain with the brisk.

I will swap them on the dyno, and that will be the ONLY change.

If things go well I should get to the dyno this weekend, depends on weather and work. :beer:
Sounds like a plan! Let us know. This might be interesting.

Richo

"Ford Parts Whore"
Established Member
I tested these plugs against the stock plug and gained 10hp/10tq. See link for dyno numbers http://www.modfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13980

I will say this, I did not buy into these plugs giving any real gains. Myself and the dyno guy's laughed at the claims for these plugs. We stopped laughing after the 2nd run that was 10 degree's hotter than the first run. I dyno my car fairly often to test changes I make, so my car is pretty consistant on the results. These plugs are worth the money IMHO.

This an fyi....if you don't believe the results, don't buy these plugs. I am not here to sell these plugs. I am tired of people trying to tell me how to dyno my car and how to follow there method for dynoing. Or the best response, "Send me your set of plugs and I will test them!" or "send me a set and I will make sure they are tested correctly."

Again, if you don't believe the results, don't buy them. I can tell you this, all the dyno guy's ordered them for there Cobra's and Lightnings. Peace...

Mike_Hawk

Too Much Juice
Established Member
Hey guys, I ordered 2 sets of these plugs from Strictly Performance on Friday (I think Friday). I got 1 set for my GT and 1 set for my GF's Cobra (woweemae). My dyno won't be until Sept 11 and my GF won't be dynoing since she's in Texas and all.

All the gains and results are currently on a Cobra. We'll see how it does on the N/A 2V GT!

coleman

Established Member
One might expect to see that kind of gain simply from any good new plugs. How many miles did those old plugs have on them?

Also, I'd like to know how well the spark blow-out is overcome by a real example.
Here's a car with some serious spark blow-out (like DD2000GT's last week) ... replace with these Brisk plugs and retry.

just call me doubting thomas :lol1:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I just tried to order these and they are SOLD OUT! They should have them back in on Monday. ONce I get them, I will dyno them before and after. A few people have brought up a good point...how old were the plugs that the Brisk plugs are dyno'ing against. The plugs that are in my car are less then 2 months old, so when I do this we will know, only problem is I have to get them first.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Are they available for other vehicles as well, and does anyone know how they affect gas mileage?

EDIT - I found that they are available for other vehicles, but not every vehiclel is covered. Gas mileage does increase through increased efficiency of burning fuel, but I would expect similar/same gains by installing any new plug. Power wise, these do seem to be the real deal. After reading up on them I am starting to believe that highest gains will be seen in turbo and supercharging applications.

Last edited:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
hmm, interesting.

i'll wait and see what the story is with you guys before ordering some.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
I already have a custome tune with a 2.8 pulley. What do I need to do to see if these will work without another tune? I guess just look at my A/F and do another dyno pull just to be sure. Any advice?

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Originally posted by jackers
I already have a custome tune with a 2.8 pulley. What do I need to do to see if these will work without another tune? I guess just look at my A/F and do another dyno pull just to be sure. Any advice?

It cant hurt. I plan on dyno'in anyhow just to see what the gains are, might was well check the A/F too.

Users who are viewing this thread