The 1994-2004 GT500 Brake Adapter Thread.

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
Hey guys, by now Im sure most of you have seen this thread- http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=897686

Well I have recieved lots of inquiry about the price and availablitily about the bracket and if and when they will be available.
I am please to finally announce that the first steps in manufacturing has begun and I would like to get a good feel for how
many sets to make in my first batch.

The original bracket looked like this-

Bracket.JPG

The bracket will now be a single piece made via CNC.

212867.jpg

212868.jpg

The bracket kit will come with stainless brake lines to adapt to you 1996-2004 mustang.
This is a picture of the brake lines on my car, but the ones supplied with the kit probably wont have the blue rubber covering.

Brakeline.JPG

I ended up paying $100 each from ford for brand new rotors.
You may or may not know someone to save you some cash, or locate them somewhere else for less.

Rotor.JPG

However the only downside, or upside if you already have them, it the need to now use 18" wheels.

Bling.JPG

The cost of the kit, which will include the bracket, mounting hardware, and two stainless brake lines, will be no more than $250.

Calipers can be found on ebay all day long, or from your local ford dealer for about $2000 less then it would cost you from Brembo to buy their kit.

If using a 14" Grand Turismo Brembo kit, price would be around $3200 from just about any mustang retailer.

With my kit you can save a total of....

Calipers-$1100 From Ford(I have bought two pairs off ebay so far, spent 800 total).
Bracket kit-$250
Rotors- $200
Total- $1550 for a 14" Brembo Brake upgrade!!

This kit uitilizes one of the stock brake mouting holes on your current spindle. The lower ear of the spindle needs to be removed in order to make clearance for the larger caliper. Once the ear has been removed, you install the rotor, bracket and caliper on the spindle and use the new lower brake bracket hole as a guide for the properly sized drill bit. This will render you spindle useless if you need to switch back to stock brakes. Luckily, spindles are a dime a dozen for our cars.

Please PM me, or for the sake of everyone else, if you have a question, post it here and lets get the first order unway!

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
I wondering if these will fit all existing 94-04 Cobra calipers as well with your bracket since the 96-04 Cobra/Bullitt/Mach1 calipers all use the same mounting location etc and are the same height.

Are these the stock OEM GT500 rotors? If so, then they are part # 7R3Z-1125-A for anyone interested in getting some. They weigh 53lbs for a pair versus the 13" Cobra rotors which weigh 40lbs a pair. This should offer ZERO brake fade due to the huge amount of heat absoroption and dissipation that these rotors will be able to do.

Can I buy a single set of the brackets alone? I would like to test them and perhaps buy a large bulk purchase from you IF they will work on the Cobra calipers.

Cheers! :beer:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
when putting the grand turismo kit on a 94-04 Cobra you must remove the lower spindle ear?

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
I wondering if these will fit all existing 94-04 Cobra calipers as well with your bracket since the 96-04 Cobra/Bullitt/Mach1 calipers all use the same mounting location etc and are the same height.

Are these the stock OEM GT500 rotors? If so, then they are part # 7R3Z-1125-A for anyone interested in getting some. They weigh 53lbs for a pair versus the 13" Cobra rotors which weigh 40lbs a pair. This should offer ZERO brake fade due to the huge amount of heat absoroption and dissipation that these rotors will be able to do.

Can I buy a single set of the brackets alone? I would like to test them and perhaps buy a large bulk purchase from you IF they will work on the Cobra calipers.

Cheers! :beer:

Yes, they will fit from 94-04. Forgive my previous "96", I was typing from my laptop in a dark room and wasnt completely awake..

Yes you can buy just the brackets alone, and you can buy them in bulk as well. The first few sets will be going directly on local cars to me, so I can work out any imperfections before anything ships.

when putting the grand turismo kit on a 94-04 Cobra you must remove the lower spindle ear?

No, its a radial mount kit, the mounting points are completely different. Doa search for radial mounts brake kits on ebay, or the internet.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Any reason why you couldn't use the two stock mounting ears for the bracket instead of cutting one off? I'm guessing its just a clearance issue, but wanted to ask anyway. I might look into this when I decide to upgrade my brakes, glad you finally started to mass produce these kits.

TT91

So Slow
Established Member
Any reason why you couldn't use the two stock mounting ears for the bracket instead of cutting one off? I'm guessing its just a clearance issue, but wanted to ask anyway. I might look into this when I decide to upgrade my brakes, glad you finally started to mass produce these kits.

Yes, it was a huge interference issue, I only wish the stock ears would work without cutting one off.

hawkls1

Established Member
do you have any plan's to and try and get the GT-500 rear brembo to work on the 94-04 fox body.i would love to get them for my 03 cobra :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread