The Beer Thread, What Are You Drinking?

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Started with 2 bottles(12oz) of boulevard Boss Tom's Golden Bock....then had a big bottle of Boulevard's Coffee Ale(24oz)....soooo good!

tdschst

Established Member
Dogfish head is great. One beer I just got stuck on is Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, other than that I usually go with Magner's, can't go wrong with that but it's cider.

KCCO!

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
Searched and didn't see a thread like this..

Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA. First time drinking it, whoa. For those of you who haven't heard of the 120, it's 20% alc and stupid expensive. Probably wouldn't buy again except for special occasions lol.

They only sell it in singles where I went, 10.99 for one 12oz bottle. Worth it for the one time for sure tho. Intense stuff.

ebuge9u9.jpg

What's your beer of choice?

I have had Dog Fish Head 120 twice in my life, both from kegs at local pubs and yes, WOW! a great taste and almost burns going down. However, how and when they produce it makes it very very hard to come by on the west coast. 90min is ok, however no where near the taste and bite of the 120.

The benefit of being on the west coast is hoppy bitter IPA's! Which I love, and to the poster that cant get into IPA's I would say its an acquired taste. I love beers with bite and punch. My favorite right now is anything out of Lagunitas,CA. By far my favorite at this day and time is *drum roll*

Lagunitas+Little+Sumpin+Sumpin+Ale.jpg

If you have not tried anything from Lagunitas and you are a beer drinker, or love a good IPA try anything from this brewery and be blown away.

cornholio

Established Member
I was out in Colorado a couple of years ago and hit a little pub in an old mining town. The beer called Moose Drool... Outstanding dark beer that I have never seen available here in Florida. If I remember correctly, its brewed in Montana. Man it was good... On tap as well.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I was out in Colorado a couple of years ago and hit a little pub in an old mining town. The beer called Moose Drool... Outstanding dark beer that I have never seen available here in Florida. If I remember correctly, its brewed in Montana. Man it was good... On tap as well.

Missoula, MT, which is roughly 3 hours away from me. It's Montana's most famous beer. At one point in time it was distributed clear to near the East coast, but after a lawsuit with some Canadian (I think) brewery, they can only go to the Mississippi river or something like that.

I don't think it's our best beer, but it's still pretty good.

9svt8

Bleeds Ford Blue
Established Member
Cheap everyday watch a baseball game beer: Coors Light

Going out with friends beer: Sea Dog blueberry wheat ale

cornholio

Established Member
Missoula, MT, which is roughly 3 hours away from me. It's Montana's most famous beer. At one point in time it was distributed clear to near the East coast, but after a lawsuit with some Canadian (I think) brewery, they can only go to the Mississippi river or something like that.

I don't think it's our best beer, but it's still pretty good.

Man it was good. I told ya I was on this thread!:beer:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
They have 2 porters they release every once in a while, Bobo's Robust Porter and Cowboy Coffee Porter, and oh man they are delicious. They released a saison that was gross however. Slow Elk Oatmeal stout is also delicious though.

big-sky-bobos-robust-porter.jpg

DSCN5048.JPG

4e77664444761.preview-300.jpg

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member
Life is too short for ugly women, slow cars, and shitty beer.

Totally agree ! Sierra Nevada Torpedo is what I'm drinking right now (it really sinks my battleship)and when I'm done with that I think I'll bust out one of my Ninkasi Sleighers I have left from winter and wash it down in Jeff Hanneman's honor.:beer:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
You guys have got to try Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale if you like bitter beer. It's super bitter.

I bought some and was enjoying it and then noticed one was missing. I asked my wife and she said she had made some beer bread with it. That was some hoppy beer. :D

Users who are viewing this thread