THE BEST rear tire for anti-wheel hop 500HP VERT ?????

Teej281

Established Member
i really like the look and over all tire, the proxes r888 are really good. and they run about the same as the nittos will cost you.

Hahah COMPLETE AND TOTAL BS!!! :bs: Unless you find a steal on them. Usually, the R888's are about $30-40 more per tire than the comparable tire of other brands. R888's are about $240 for 315/35-17 and the NT01 is around $210.

Also, the R888's are not the greatest in the wet. NT05's are awesome in the wet, and that is from personal experience. And the 315/35-17 NT05's are $201/tire.

Unless you find a hell of a deal, go with the nittos. :pepper:

black03_cobra

Its just a convertible.
Established Member
Hahah COMPLETE AND TOTAL BS!!! :bs: Unless you find a steal on them. Usually, the R888's are about $30-40 more per tire than the comparable tire of other brands. R888's are about $240 for 315/35-17 and the NT01 is around $210.

Also, the R888's are not the greatest in the wet. NT05's are awesome in the wet, and that is from personal experience. And the 315/35-17 NT05's are $201/tire.

since you had a personal experience i guess its right hmm not arguing the prices, i was talking about the 555rs but he don't wont those so **** off.

black03_cobra

Its just a convertible.
Established Member
Any thoughts on the Mickey Thompson ET Streets Radial II's ?

and m/t always makes good tires just depends on how much you wanna spend they wear faster i mean its all going to come down to what your doing with the car street/strip i would get nitto 555r or m/t as long as its not a dd, you will be spending a lot on tires.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

i agree 100%. i personally don't like the look of the r888s, looks like a monster truck tire or john deere tractor. they seem overpriced.

now that toyo tq dr i have is badass priced for an 18" 315 dr....but in all honesty, there's no way I'd daily drive a 0 tread rated tire (that includes the nt05r)

regular 200 tread nt05 is the best hybrid tire/price IMO (not prius hybrid, maybe bad choice of word - lol)

mach1033

Established Member
Question for some of the guys that posted on this thread and other threads about the Toyo R-888's and the RA-1's not being any good in the rain. If road racer's are going over 100mph in these tires and other road race tires then how can some of you post up that they suck in the rain? I also became a believer in the RA-1's when I seen them in action in the rain at a pocono road course. I actually bought the RA-1's for this reason. Initially it was to go racing but then I was told I needed a cage in my vert. I wasn't gonna go this route but I think I'm gonna put one in and give it a shot.

mach1033

Established Member
Did you see them in the rain or on a wet track? A big difference between standing water and a wet track.

It was a wet track after the rain but I think you see where I'm getting at. If its raining out no one is gonna be anywhere near those speeds. Also while getting caught in the rain my M/T DR's were not that bad with this tread pattern at 45 to 50mph.
158406[/ATTACH]"]
cobra059.jpg

Attachments

• cobra059.jpg
    cobra059.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Teej281

Established Member
since you had a personal experience i guess its right hmm not arguing the prices, i was talking about the 555rs but he don't wont those so **** off.

So you want me to show you up by showing you that NT555R's are $171/tire to make the price gap now $70/tire? I was showing what Nitto's comparable tire was priced at, just to show you the difference between brands. Everyone knows that Toyo owns Nitto(Nitto Tires being based in the US and Toyo being based in Japan but both under the same overall corporation), and chances are that the NT01's use the same tire compound that the R888's and the RA1's do. So what are you paying an extra $30/tire for?

Tire Products - Discount Tire Direct

Also in addition to them costing more from the get go, most places that carry Toyo tires on the web also charge shipping so thats at least another $20/tire. R888's are a great tire, I just would not recommend them on a street car without having a different set of tires to swap on for when it rains or for when you go on trips, and that is not fun.

And to be frank, look at any of the reviews of the NT05 from people that have driven with them in the rain. They will all tell you the exact same thing! Highway speeds in the rain they are 100% fine. Standing water they take like a champ. The weekend I got them we got a freak rain storm and they tackled the rain awesome.

and m/t always makes good tires just depends on how much you wanna spend they wear faster i mean its all going to come down to what your doing with the car street/strip i would get nitto 555r or m/t as long as its not a dd, you will be spending a lot on tires.

555R's I have seen many people get 12k miles out of. Thats buying tires once a year for those who DD theirs cars, on average. But if they are just toys, like most peoples cars are on here, then that would last at least probably a good 2 years, if not more. MT's go out in about 5-6k miles from what I've read, on average. So even if it is a toy, they are going to need to be buying more expensive tires yearly. I mean to some that might be worth it. I mean a nice sticky tire is always a good thing. I prefer to find non-DR tires that are sticky as they will have an awesome sidewall that will handle cornering and still hook in a straight line.

GTIZZL

Established Member
Thats what I thought. Sounded like the cover helped the guy above that post. lol

Didn't mean it to sound like that.. I put the cover on because my rear was leaking bad and instead of keeping the brace I changed it to the cover. My tires are probably whats helping the most. I just know that other then tires and the cover there are no mods to my rear and I have no wheel hop.:beer:

Sorry for the confusion..

Users who are viewing this thread