The Dejokerization has begun

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
So here we go folks, the last of the pictures I'll post to the thread as JM has loaded up and left for home just a little while ago.

done1.jpg

done2.jpg

done3.jpg

done4.jpg

done5.jpg

JM, now that I made it look the way it's supposed to, go out and beat the snot out of it on the road course :banana::pepper::D

Bill S.

PS: No wax for 90 days, no commercial car washes for 30 days..Hand wash as often as you like, but no wax.........

SDW Racing

Established Member
The car looked great when I picked it up, but stupid me, I used new tie downs, they slipped and the car slid half off the trailer on the way home. I may need to bring it back Bill. F*CK!

:cryying:

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
The car looked great when I picked it up, but stupid me, I used new tie downs, they slipped and the car slid half off the trailer on the way home. I may need to bring it back Bill. F*CK!

:cryying:

Please tell me that's some sort of a late April Fool's joke...

please...

SDW Racing

Established Member
Please tell me that's some sort of a late April Fool's joke...

please...

Why yes...yes it is!!!! :rolling::rolling:

Just screwing with Bill a little bit, payback for the April Fools joke and the taunts I received by email and phone three weeks prior while the car was in his shop. That bastard.

:bash::bash::poke::poke:

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
man, that is a nice tralier... lol. but really, that thing came out slick.. awesome job on taking out the joker one last time.

SDW Racing

Established Member
*whew*

When do the decals go back on to complete the "Rosie's Diner" look?

I'm working with one of the SVT sponsored vendors on the decals. I need a combo of reusable vinyl and magnetic, its pricey though, close to $700 to reproduce.

Looking at my finances now...whats more important race tires or decals????

:whine::whine::whine:

SDW Racing

Established Member
how much for your rims? 17x9's or they 17x10's?

Rims are Forgeline RS model, they are 17x9.5 and are not for sale. I'd actually like a second set, but can't find any since they have been out of production for some time.

I just picked up a set of FR500 rims to use at the track...

IMG_4124.JPG

Last edited:

Roger Davis

RSD
Established Member
*whew*

When do the decals go back on to complete the "Rosie's Diner" look?

It's been repainted and that's what it needed.

Is this a show car thread or a track dog thread. Forget those stupid Rosie's diner decals, this car was never a race car and slapping those faux race car decals on ain't gonna make it a racercar. Put a good track set up under it and drive it like it's supposed to be driven.

Next thing you know you'll be getting one of those plackards made up for the show circuit.

Can someone direct me to the track dog thread?

RD

SDW Racing

Established Member
It's been repainted and that's what it needed.

Is this a show car thread or a track dog thread. Forget those stupid Rosie's diner decals, this car was never a race car and slapping those faux race car decals on ain't gonna make it a racercar. Put a good track set up under it and drive it like it's supposed to be driven.

Next thing you know you'll be getting one of those plackards made up for the show circuit.

Can someone direct me to the track dog thread?

RD

Pricing out winter work on the car,a full Griggs setup from Mustang Don 'may' break the bank, still waiting for final numbers. The MM setup Steve has used looks more viable 'pricewise', but I need to read up more on the prose/cons of each setup or variations of them. Of course, just running the car 'as is' at the SCMC event will give me a good baseline.

So plans are in the hopper, but I literally haven't even driven the car or snooped up under it.

So Crank-O, before you start calling me names, give me a chance to size up the vee-hicle. Jaysus, I can smell the methane eminating from yer mouth when you get on these rants. :dw::dw:

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
John,

Forget about a fancy race suspension set up unless you plan to compete competitively (say in NASA or SCCA professional series of some sort) and just stick a "Panhard Bar" under it so the rear is a bit more predictable, then get it on the track where it belongs. Keep it simple applies to everything in regards to this car and your summer track plans.......

Bill S.

SDW Racing

Established Member
John,

Forget about a fancy race suspension set up unless you plan to compete competitively (say in NASA or SCCA professional series of some sort) and just stick a "Panhard Bar" under it so the rear is a bit more predictable, then get it on the track where it belongs. Keep it simple applies to everything in regards to this car and your summer track plans.......

Bill S.

yep, when I am ready, it will be a panhard bar and CC plates for starters. The car does have some minor mods now, I just need to see how it handles as is.

BTW - Sorry about the scare I gave you yesterday with my 'trailer calamity'. Your distressed phone call to me was priceless!!!! :banana::banana:

Users who are viewing this thread