Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
ex2.jpg

after that we get rid of the playing cards laminated to the right front fender

nose1.jpg

start removing the front lights

tail1.jpg

then the rear lights, spoiler and rear trunk trim

That's about all I could get today, tomorrow we tackle the removal of the "A" and "B" pillar trim, wonder if I can remember how to remove them..Guess we'll find out in the am.....

Bill S.

Last edited:

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
thats cool, glad your keeping us up to date on the dejoker-ing of the car.. if that's even a real word... lol. keep us all posted

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Keep up the pictures!!!!

I guess I shouldn't feel so bad as I never understood the whole Joker thing anyway......

I guess it's a car show thing........:rollseyes

SDW Racing

Established Member
Bill,

Thanks for posting the photos, keep them coming. Roger and I were pretty tired by the time we got to Bills shop Saturday night. We started out at 6AM to pick up the car.

Today I contacted Brock Yates through the One Lap of America website looking for replacement decals for the Rosie's Diner car.

I was told that if I used more than a couple decals, I would need permission from them to avoid copyright issues. I would have to pay the fees which he said would amount to quite a bit of $$$$. I would also have to ask permission from Bridgestone and Hooters.

So a total restoration to the Rosie car may be out of the question.

:mj::mj::mj:

SDW Racing

Established Member
The Joker will now be IN the car as opposed to ON the car!
:pepper::beer::coolman:

Bruce,

You are probably the tenth person to make that statement! Even Mustang Don at Performance Autosport said it!

SDW is known throughout the country!
:rolling::lol1::banana::D:thumbsup:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Bill,

Thanks for posting the photos, keep them coming. Roger and I were pretty tired by the time we got to Bills shop Saturday night. We started out at 6AM to pick up the car.

Today I contacted Brock Yates through the One Lap of America website looking for replacement decals for the Rosie's Diner car.

I was told that if I used more than a couple decals, I would need permission from them to avoid copyright issues. I would have to pay the fees which he said would amount to quite a bit of $$$$. I would also have to ask permission from Bridgestone and Hooters.

So a total restoration to the Rosie car may be out of the question.

:mj::mj::mj:

So let me get this straight....... if I go to restore a race car to it's original state I need to get the sponsors permission to do it? That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard!!!

I'd love to see the lawsuit surrounding that one:rollseyes Now if you were making the decals and selling them I can understand it.

And people wonder what is wrong with this country....

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
Bill,

JM,

I'll make some calls over the course of the next few days to see if I can straighten out what must amount to a misunderstanding, as this is "THE" Rosie Diner car and not a replica of it........I'll get to the bottom of this, might take a little while, but I will..........

Bill S.

SDW Racing

Established Member
Bill,

Thanks...Brock Jr had responded to me. I don't know what the big deal is. I agree...If Craig Wiedner still owned the car and it was still gussied up with decals, would they sue him over the fact that he was still running around around like that after the race concluded?

It sounded strange to me.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
So these companies would want to sue you for advertising their company????

Every company I have ever heard of pays people to advertise on their car.... yet these companies might sue you to keep their name off a car.... talking about some backasswards thinking. This country has gotten so sue crazed that they now sue to keep people from giving out something for free.

Hell, even if someone was producing copies of their stickers and selling them for profit... I don't see the big deal. They are getting free advertising, when normally they pay for stickers to be produced so they can give them away for advertising.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
are you repainting the entire thing or just ditching the horrible painting?

It looks like it will take a complete repaint short of the front & rear bumper covers to get rid of all the purple, green, joker paint work.

It looks like the piant work was very detailed... it rolls over into the front fender jambs completely, they even painted behind the decklid filler panel and the joker paintbrush work looks detailed with good shading etc.... It just too bad it was done on a 95R and in such...ummmm... striking colors.

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
are you repainting the entire thing or just ditching the horrible painting?

Sure looks that way at the moment, mostly an exterior reshoot similar to my old #99. Yet I do have to shoot the engine jambs as they wrapped the purple trim down to the edge of the fenders. The saving grace is that they did mask off the drivers side fender VIN tag, passenger side while being a correctly dated Ford OEM fender is sans said VIN tag which makes me believe that it was replaced at one time in the cars past........Will keep this thread up to date as best I can as work on the car progresses. Keep in mind I've got 18 other cars in the shop this week that require my employees time and that I am the only one working on #4 (usually between 6-7:30am) all while running the business and pushing my 5 employees to get the others out the door in both a quality oriented and timely fashion :rollseyes

Bill S.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
So let me get this straight....... if I go to restore a race car to it's original state I need to get the sponsors permission to do it? That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard!!!

I'd love to see the lawsuit surrounding that one:rollseyes Now if you were making the decals and selling them I can understand it.

And people wonder what is wrong with this country....

I was thinking the exact same thing.... :dw:

when I contacted Duragloss and told them I was restoring the Hacker #00 car, they gladly sent me a photo and said good luck! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread