The gto boys are gettin big heads.......

kilroy

Powered by Ford/FRPP/ATS
Established Member
kneedragger said:
I have a RA III T/A and long for a RA IV. They didn't make many my year though. Big Bucks.
Edelbrock re-made RA-IV heads in aluminum and should still be available. Hang on to the RA-III heads, but snap up a set of these aftermarket heads along with an .041 cam & you'll be cookin' :rockon:

WDW MKR

Established Member
OZ Dude said:
Thanks for your feedback through this - it was good to actually sit and think about how to do it :beer:

So what do you think WDW MKR, can I have some numbers please anyone?? :D

Looks like some good info, but I still don't think you should be labeling it as hp/cui... that ratio is an often-used performance benchmark and our cars physically use 393cui, including the blower. I like the information that you're using, and the "potential cui in NA state" is cool, but it should not be labeled as hp/cui. All hp/cui calculations should use the actual cui, which is 393. If you want to express it as a matter of VE, then that could reflect the results of boost while still showing the motor as 393cui.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
kilroy said:
Edelbrock re-made RA-IV heads in aluminum and should still be available. Hang on to the RA-III heads, but snap up a set of these aftermarket heads along with an .041 cam & you'll be cookin' :rockon:

Putting it back to stock. It's almost fully restored and I don't want to start another "project".

OZ Dude

Going Crazy Down Under!
Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Looks like some good info, but I still don't think you should be labeling it as hp/cui... that ratio is an often-used performance benchmark and our cars physically use 393cui, including the blower. I like the information that you're using, and the "potential cui in NA state" is cool, but it should not be labeled as hp/cui. All hp/cui calculations should use the actual cui, which is 393. If you want to express it as a matter of VE, then that could reflect the results of boost while still showing the motor as 393cui.
You're right - once again! Just labelling it hp/cui could get confusing. Without making it sound too long winded or complicated, the only other thing I could come up with was "Theoretical hp / Potential cui" or Thp/Pci.

As it is the final ratio result out of the entire calculation / formula I don't think people would wonder what the "T" & "P" are and it makes it seperate and distinct from the regular benchmark calculation used.

Just looking around on different threads I have tried it out on a couple of figures where only HP and mods have been quoted and when I calculate boost it's pretty much on the mark. Also, as we know if your tune is off, you could be losing a good deal of HP and this would be a quick way to see if your ratio was out. I know that it's not full-proof but it could be useful in a number of ways to do some approximations.

I know we differ on opinion when it comes to the capacity of the s/c expressed as part of the VE calc but the way I consider it, the s/c is the pump (just like a centri or a turbo is) so the capacity of that unit is irrelevant to the VE because the VE should be calculated on engine capacity only.

If you add the cui of the s/c, your VE would be way off compared to someone running a centri with the same boost if the capacitiy of the s/c was added. VE = motor. Anything that pumps air into it is (VE) outside the brackets!

:pop:

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
Bob Cosby said:
Shew....some of those guys on the GTO site are pretty touchy. :)
Show up with your avatar there and let's see how many of them can wipe you with only a cat-back. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread