The HARD TRUTH about EVs

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I'm not assuming any of that.

Believe it or not, not every EV owner makes a purchase based on some ideological or political view.

Yeah, we know the other reason.

IMG_6129.gif

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
No one assumes this. You're again just making up BS statements to try and back some ideological viewpoint.

An electric motor is more efficient than an ICE by three fold. That's just science.

Whether or not an EV works for your application is up to the buyer. If it doesn't, don't buy it and move on.

You're literally not smart enough to understand what I wrote, LOL. There is no free lunch, the energy that creates and RUNS the electric motor has to be accounted for.

LOOKING AT THE TRUE INPUTS TO EV"S ISN"T IDEALOGICAL!!!!!! The Green idiots have made it that way to DRIVE their agenda BECAUSE THE REAL SCIENCE DOEN"T SUPPORT IT!!!!

Emotion versus True Science.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Are you really trying to make the claim that an ICE is more energy efficient than an EV?

I know you guys are having a massive circle jerk of stupid in here but this might take the cake.

Well, I’m happy to educate you on the intricacies of thermal dynamics but there are several variables on this… energy cost, vehicle costs, infrastructure etc.

Are you asking me if a gas or diesel engine is more efficient than an electric motor?

Or are you asking if converting energy from the grid to turn your wheels on the road is a better investment economically?

Are we factoring in the cost of the vehicle?

I’ll let you cherry pick the question so we can tailor it to your knowledge base.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
You're literally not smart enough to understand what I wrote, LOL. There is no free lunch, the energy that creates and RUNS the electric motor has to be accounted for.

LOOKING AT THE TRUE INPUTS TO EV"S ISN"T IDEALOGICAL!!!!!! The Green idiots have made it that way to DRIVE their agenda BECAUSE THE REAL SCIENCE DOEN"T SUPPORT IT!!!!

Emotion versus True Science.

I'm not arguing power generation or manufacturing.

I'm strictly pointing out the scientific fact that an electric motor is more efficient than ICE. It's not debatable.

And you honestly sound just as bad as the "Green idiots."

I chuckle at you questioning my intelligence. One of us has an MS in engineering. Is it you?

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Well, I’m happy to educate you on the intricacies of thermal dynamics but there are several variables on this… energy cost, vehicle costs, infrastructure etc.

Are you asking me if a gas or diesel engine is more efficient than an electric motor?

Or are you asking if converting energy from the grid to turn your wheels on the road is a better investment economically?

Are we factoring in the cost of the vehicle?

I’ll let you cherry pick the question so we can tailor it to your knowledge base.

I'm not asking you anything. And I'm good on thermodynamics. Auburn did a fine job in thermo 1 and 2.

If you evaluate EVs for what they are (not what political ideologues claim), they're fantastic options for the majority of drivers in the US. Doesn't mean you have to like them just like some liberal doesn't have to like a supercharged v8 that gets 14 mpg.

I've had both and have enjoyed both with each having their own pros and cons.

Tezz500

Established Member
I'm not asking you anything. And I'm good on thermodynamics. Auburn did a fine job in thermo 1 and 2.

If you evaluate EVs for what they are (not what political ideologues claim), they're fantastic options for the majority of drivers in the US. Doesn't mean you have to like them just like some liberal doesn't have to like a supercharged v8 that gets 14 mpg.

I've had both and have enjoyed both with each having their own pros and cons.

I’d get my money back for that degree… seems like it was a waste.

I never said an electric motor is less efficient than an ICE.

Go back and read what I wrote and we can have a reasonable discussion.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I'm not arguing power generation or manufacturing.

I'm strictly pointing out the scientific fact that an electric motor is more efficient than ICE. It's not debatable.

And you honestly sound just as bad as the "Green idiots."

I chuckle at you questioning my intelligence. One of us has an MS in engineering. Is it you?

That you are keyed on the electric motor and not the gyrations wracking every part of multiple supply chains and energy production tells me all I need to know about your "engineering" ability. It's called the "big picture" and many many engineers can't see it.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
I’d get my money back for that degree… seems like it was a waste.

I never said an electric motor is less efficient than an ICE.

Go back and read what I wrote and we can have a reasonable discussion.

You paid for both of my degrees as a military officer. Thanks.

You mentioned energy conversion. Energy efficiency is tied to energy conversion.

You also made comments as if battery efficiencies will not continue to improve.

Tezz500

Established Member
That you are keyed on the electric motor and not the gyrations wracking every part of multiple supply chains and energy production tells me all I need to know about your "engineering" ability. It's called the "big picture" and many many engineers can't see it.

This is extremely common with career engineers.

On a weekly basis they get destroyed in meetings because they focus on one simple piece of the equation and can’t seem to grasp the larger picture.

On top of that, this one seems to struggle with reading comprehension.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member

I forgot I was havihg a discussion with the guy that thinks he knows everything. Like when you tried to explain to our resident Ford dealer how car sales work.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I forgot I was havihg a discussion with the guy that thinks he knows everything. Like when you tried to explain to our resident Ford dealer how car sales work.

Funny, he understood what I was saying, and the butt hurt didn't.

The interesting thing about being a weather forecaster is that you get fed information from a fire hose from the macro to micro scale, but at the same time, the one piece of information that you do need isn't there. Tough shit, the forecast has to be made because the clock doesn't wait. It is amazing how useful in real life that is sifting out the trash.

Just for shits and grins, I added up all my college course work I took when I retired. Over 300 semester hours with a 3.98 GPA earning my BS in Professional Aeronautics and APS in Weather Technology.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Nope. Still waiting on the quote.

Typical engineer.

Locked in on his single focal point.

Oh okay.

So in summation, you thought you'd try to make some kind of academic appeal by throwing out some scientific words hoping to generate some likes while simultaneously hoping no one would reply to your post who actually knows what those words mean.

I'll let you guys get back to the circle jerk. Enjoy being the pivot man.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Oh okay.

So in summation, you thought you'd try to make some kind of academic appeal by throwing out some scientific words hoping to generate some likes while simultaneously hoping no one would reply to your post who actually knows what those words mean.

Lazy.

It's that same laziness that lets our dipshit governor shut down coal power, not build gas fired peaker plants, build a pitiful amount of battery backup and think things will end well when the next Polar Vortex parks on top of us.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Funny, he understood what I was saying, and the butt hurt didn't.

The interesting thing about being a weather forecaster is that you get fed information from a fire hose from the macro to micro scale, but at the same time, the one piece of information that you do need isn't there. Tough shit, the forecast has to be made because the clock doesn't wait. It is amazing how useful in real life that is sifting out the trash.

Just for shits and grins, I added up all my college course work I took when I retired. Over 300 semester hours with a 3.98 GPA earning my BS in Professional Aeronautics and APS in Weather Technology.

The other interesting thing about weather forecasters is how you continually stay employed by being wrong about the weather 50% of the team. Imagine if engineers had that buffer.

But hey man, you're really sticking it to the EV Green Libtards by copying and pasting random articles to a single thread on a car forum. Keep up the good work.

Tezz500

Established Member
Oh okay.

Incorrect.

Having worked in the utility industry for over 2 decades and ran large generation facilities, I am intimately familiar with this topic.

So I made several statements based on expert knowledge of said industry.

You on the other hand, came in her touting your (clearly worthless) masters degree attempting to make yourself feel better for buying an electric vehicle.

You obviously have zero grasp on what it takes to go from stored chemical energy to rotational force used to propel a vehicle down the road.

So I see no point in arguing with someone that’s beyond clueless.

I am also going to petition Auburn for my money back.

You didn’t learn shit over there.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The other interesting thing about weather forecasters is how you continually stay employed by being wrong about the weather 50% of the team. Imagine if engineers had that buffer.

But hey man, you're really sticking it to the EV Green Libtards by copying and pasting random articles to a single thread on a car forum. Keep up the good work.

LOL, weak sauce, your foo is limp. All forecasters know persistence is a bitch and the models lie.

Users who are viewing this thread