The HARD TRUTH about EVs

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I always say

Pretend, in 2022, civilization currently existed with ONLY electric vehicles and coal/gasoline/diesel power was just founded in the last few years. Roles reversed basically.

We would IMMEDIATELY throw EV's in the trash and FULLY transition to ICE because of how awesome/efficient/cheap the tech is vs EV.

The whole EV thing has it's place for sure (warm climate, short distance commutes) -- and being my work will allow users to charge for free, ill eventually own one.

But to force the shit down our throats is just wrong.
Ban Child Slave Labor Mines.
Support Fossil Fuels.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I always say

Pretend, in 2022, civilization currently existed with ONLY electric vehicles and coal/gasoline/diesel power was just founded in the last few years. Roles reversed basically.

We would IMMEDIATELY throw EV's in the trash and FULLY transition to ICE because of how awesome/efficient/cheap the tech is vs EV.

The whole EV thing has it's place for sure (warm climate, short distance commutes) -- and being my work will allow users to charge for free, ill eventually own one.

But to force the shit down our throats is just wrong.
Agree. EVs have their place as commuter city cars for some people's lifestyle. But the future continues to be gasoline, either oil based or synthgas. It's far superior in convenience, safety, and transportability with high energy density.

The mandates need to stop, and let the free market work its magic.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I love many things about them as well but why can't we just transition slowly AND give people the choice for a really long time.

Thanks for your valuable input.

The "why" in that paragraph is where you lost me.

Why are we even discussing the transition to an energy source that will not work?

Why are people agreeing to a transition to it?

q6543

Established Member
Why are we even discussing the transition to an energy source that will not work?

Higher profit margins, less labor, higher overall efficiency potential, more control over the entire system, and integrate modern traffic flows.
Less parts less maintenance.

It seems there was a meeting that none of us were at, and the decision was made.
The only way to have a voice is to be a majority stakeholder.

I do wonder if the Apple car ever makes it to reality.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
ArabinaOak said:
2. the mach e had minimal heat in the really cold temps...i posted about it here awhile back...but when it was 8 degrees outside the car had heat issues...i was cold in the cabin and wore a beanie for my entire trip...ford said this was normal

so not much different than an early Bronco, huh?

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member

Because idiot [f]****heads keep spending money on subsidized shit technology. If these loaded ass sucks would stop then companies would stop. [And **** you for buying into the hype]

No subsidies. Let the free market work and this shit tech stays very isolated until is really ready.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Hahahahhaahahahahaha

11/2022 first snowfall in Canada: "One Electronic screen tells me my Ford Lightning EV truck has 44% power, another says I don't have any power and won't let me turn off the air conditioning."

LOL

Meanwhile, 86 years earlier Ford...

EA58A7A5-9385-41E4-85F9-A4E24BF655A6.jpeg

Source:

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

The "transition" is to less consumption. It is malthusianism in drag.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

LOL.

Lost me again in the first 2 minutes at, "I do believe electric vehicles are the future. They do a great job of removing pollution in densely populated cities".

Wow, that's genius. But what kind of pollution are they creating outside the densely populated cities?

SMH.

OX1

Established Member
God its all such bullshit. EV's are a smarter choice for the average house wife that needs to run around the city all day. If you need to travel long distances then gas cars are for you.

What is so hard to understand about it.

My sister is a "housewife" (no formal job, anyway), has a condo (in the loosest of terms, as I think it is on 8th floor or so) in NY city and NO place to charge. What's so hard to understand about that.

Users who are viewing this thread