The HARD TRUTH about EVs

OX1

Established Member
ok, lets look at this from a different angle. 4-5 mins of fill up time gives me 400miles range in my truck. 45 mins of fill up time in an electric car gives you around 120 miles. Damn, that flower must be awesome!
How does this EVBS work, we just went a 1044 miles in 2 days to fl. 80 plus most of the way where a long range model Y only gets 220 miles of range. And that's if you charge to a 100% which no one waits that long. Split it up into 2 days so yes you can charge overnight, but you still have to charge 5 times total it seems. So

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
How does this EVBS work, we just went a 1044 miles in 2 days to fl. 80 plus most of the way where a long range model Y only gets 220 miles of range. And that's if you charge to a 100% which no one waits that long. Split it up into 2 days so yes you can charge overnight, but you still have to charge 5 times total it seems. So

The plant I work at has charging stations and the company allows Employees that own EVs to charge for free.

This makes for a viable commuter car situation.

Otherwise, I cannot understand why someone would want to buy an EV. You can’t do shit with them….

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
The plant I work at has charging stations and the company allows Employees that own EVs to charge for free.

Otherwise, I cannot understand why someone would want to buy an EV. You can’t do shit with them….
Agreed, I ask everyone that likes them how they would feel if the free gas (charging) was taken away and the answer is always the same.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
New Tesla model Y and Tesla says we can see you in a couple of months. How the hell do Tesla owners put up with this horse crap service?

Wonder how many model Y owners will pop that cover off?

AA1fR4ob.img

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
New Tesla model Y and Tesla says we can see you in a couple of months. How the hell do Tesla owners put up with this horse crap service?

AA1fR4ob.img
Oh man, if you think thats bad dont look at the welds that mount the bumpers (crash bars).

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

Where did the money come from to pay for that charging station and electricity?

Over my lifetime, if my employers had free gas pumps on site, I'd have tens of thousands of dollars and months of time back.

**** you lady shaver lovers.

AA1fR4ob.img

LOL.

1693182978728.jpeg

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Am I the only one who sees the irony in the fact that electricity is used to pump gas?

The irony is that running that generator to charge the Tesla doesn't figure in its mileage. Just like eMPG assumes that all energy is converted at 100% and transmitted to the EV with zero parasitic loss.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Lighten up Francis'. It's simply a picture of someone who ran low on juice, and didn't want to call a tow truck, right? You think that's a daily occurrence for that guy? I'm guessing 90% of all EV charge instances are at home without having to deal with the nightmare of public charging. Sure, there's the fools who travel far enough every day to have to public charge, but it's not a very significant population.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Lighten up Francis'. It's simply a picture of someone who ran low on juice, and didn't want to call a tow truck, right? You think that's a daily occurrence for that guy? I'm guessing 90% of all EV charge instances are at home without having to deal with the nightmare of public charging. Sure, there's the fools who travel far enough every day to have to public charge, but it's not a very significant population.

Only the highly motivated adopters have bought EV's, and yet no shortage of people running out of charge. Now imagine everyone being forced to buy an EV. There is no run to the corner station and buy a gallon of electrons. The mandates and bullshit EPA mileage rules are the problem, not EV's.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Where did the money come from to pay for that charging station and electricity?

Over my lifetime, if my employers had free gas pumps on site, I'd have tens of thousands of dollars and months of time back.

**** you lady shaver lovers.

LOL.

View attachment 1807255

The rate payer pays to fill those batteries.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I hear you on the mandates, but IMO they're going to kick those cans down the road.

It won't matter by then; the OEM's have to commit as if the date is the date. The problem being that the EPA is DeFacto moving the date up by making impossible to achieve mileage standards. The EU EPA is playing the same game, only they are using 2025 instead of 2028. Every high-performance ICE in the EU is already presold for the next 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread