The HARD TRUTH about EVs

Fat Boss

Established Member
Curious is there any policy you agree with on the other side? I mean one that a majority of them would push for?

I vote nearly every time R. In the past I've occasionally voted for an Independent local politician, but never a D.

Two two things that pop out for me where I disagree with the R party is religion and abortion. It's funny to me that people in this day and age still believe in deities. A thousand years ago, yeah I can see why they did. But it seems archaic and silly at this point. My GUESS is that 90% of the people that are religious are only so because their parents are/were. The second thing is abortion. I agree with the statement, "abortion is a horrible thing, but unwanted children are worse." I agree with Klown that the R's absolutely pissed away the last major election by overturning RvW.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I vote nearly every time R. In the past I've occasionally voted for an Independent local politician, but never a D.

Two two things that pop out for me where I disagree with the R party is religion and abortion. It's funny to me that people in this day and age still believe in deities. A thousand years ago, yeah I can see why they did. But it seems archaic and silly at this point. My GUESS is that 90% of the people that are religious are only so because their parents are/were. The second thing is abortion. I agree with the statement, "abortion is a horrible thing, but unwanted children are worse." I agree with Klown that the R's absolutely pissed away the last major election by overturning RvW.
You took the easy way out. Lol. Hell, I can name stuff I am opposed to Rs (as a whole). I just want to see if anyone has a D policy they approve of.

Fat Boss

Established Member
You took the easy way out. Lol. Hell, I can name stuff I am opposed to Rs (as a whole). I just want to see if anyone has a D policy they approve of.

Yeah, nah. I can't think of a single D policy I approve of. It's like it's one of two things. Either we're in a bizzaro universe and their goal is to make every single decision opposite of what they should. Or, they like to reward bad decisions. Both are equally likely.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
Legalization of Pot for one... I also disagree with the R side of the same effing coin on the Abortion and Religion things. I think we should be free to do whatever, and practice whatever religion we want, but that all needs to stay the eff out of politics. That said, we know it never will because politics is all about manipulating how people FEEL, since that is easier than what they THINK.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member

Gross. Sounds like a dirty commie to me.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Legalization of Pot for one... I also disagree with the R side of the same effing coin on the Abortion and Religion things. I think we should be free to do whatever, and practice whatever religion we want, but that all needs to stay the eff out of politics. That said, we know it never will because politics is all about manipulating how people FEEL, since that is easier than what they THINK.
What exactly are you guys talking about on the Religion thing? Are you not free to practice any Religion you want? This seems like a very stupid statement.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

You don't know what you are talking about in regards to religion and why people practice it. Yes, there are people who probably practice because it's what their family did, but from my experience, those people usually stop believing as they get older because they never really were grounded in it to begin with, they just went along with it because their parents forced them to and so they resent it. People who are practicing into their adult lives are likely more devoted then you give them credit for and they are likely a lot happier than most Americans than you realize. Polls have been done over the years and it's almost always religious people who score as the happiest. Religious people are not destroying this country, but godless communism is.

RickyBobby51

Established Member
Getting back to EVs, I went to the Tesla webpage to calculate how many times it was recommended to pull over and charge the EV on a trip from San Diego to Minneapolis. 14 times is the answer:

Attachments

• IMG_4211.jpeg
    IMG_4211.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 48

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Getting back to EVs, I went to the Tesla webpage to calculate how many times it was recommended to pull over and charge the EV on a trip from San Diego to Minneapolis. 14 times is the answer:
One stop every few hours sounds reasonable for a 29 hour drive, did that calculator happen to mention how long those stops "should" be lol.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
You don't know what you are talking about in regards to religion and why people practice it. Yes, there are people who probably practice because it's what their family did, but from my experience, those people usually stop believing as they get older because they never really were grounded in it to begin with, they just went along with it because their parents forced them to and so they resent it. People who are practicing into their adult lives are likely more devoted then you give them credit for and they are likely a lot happier than most Americans than you realize. Polls have been done over the years and it's almost always religious people who score as the happiest. Religious people are not destroying this country, but godless communism is.

Spot on.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member

Jordan Peterson says it best I think.

RickyBobby51

Established Member
This should be an advertising angle for Tesla. “Small bladder? Frequent painful urination? We got you!”
Here are the number of stops and recommended duration of charging. (I have done this drive a number of times, as well as many long road-trips, and 14 required stops is excessive in my view).

Attachments

• IMG_4213.jpeg
    IMG_4213.jpeg
    645 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4212.jpeg
    IMG_4212.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 57

Users who are viewing this thread