The HARD TRUTH about EVs

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Pour one out for the Porsche 718—the entry-level sports cars are officially no more in the European Union. As with the gasoline Macan, Porsche is retiring the Boxster and Cayman ahead of schedule because the two cars won't meet the new cybersecurity regulations.

Europe's new cybersecurity laws come into effect July 2024, at which point, Porsche will no longer be allowed to register the cars in the EU. But the two models will live on in other markets for the time being.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Blender-fest?

No, toaster-fest!

1711413204001.jpeg

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Aussies already having blackouts, when Green Insanity runs your country, fun and games begin!

Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM) issued a warning about the outlook of Australia's domestic gas supply, Reuters reported Tuesday, joining other gas producers in calling for policy stability and more spending in the sector.

The country urgently needs new investment in domestic gas supply and infrastructure to provide energy security and affordability for households and businesses, Exxon Mobil Australia's (XOM) Commercial Director David Berman told the Australian Domestic Gas Outlook conference in Sydney, according to the report.

"Without investment, Exxon Mobil Australia estimates by 2030 domestic gas supply available to southern states will decrease by 44%," Berman said, adding that it takes up to two years to apply for and receive onshore and offshore drilling permits in Australia.

Exxon (XOM) operates the Gippsland Basin joint venture, the biggest single gas supplier into Australia's southern region; Berman said Gippsland Basin has the resources to help plug the supply gap, but final investment decisions to develop that gas have not yet been made.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
They are about to start charging employees to charge at my work. The toaster brigade wasn't happy.

Why? Those chargers came out of company profits, which didn't go to employee's as wages or bonuses. Everyone that doesn't drive an EV gave their coworkers who do drive EV's a pay raise.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Price gets under 20k I might consider it since I can charge for free at work.

Close LOL, no guarantee's about parts supplies!

Desperate Fisker Drops Ocean Base Price to $24,999 in an Attempt to Survive​

The Ocean is now something it was never intended to be: The cheapest EV in America.​

Fisker Ocean

It's not just the base model getting a tempting price tag. Fisker cut the range-topping Ocean Extreme nearly in half, dropping $24,000 from the sticker. It now starts at $37,499 (down from $61,499) and that gets you a dual-motor SUV with 564 horsepower in Boost Mode and a 0-60 mph time under 4 seconds.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I'm trying to figure out the cable thickness that would allow safe charging of an EV in the following scenario, since they keep claiming 5-minute charging is just around the corner.

Tesla with 100Kwh battery going from 20 to 80% charge, since they all slow down after 80% to protect the battery. So that means the cable has to safely and repeatedly transfer 60 Kwh in 5 minutes to the car. I tried computing the copper thickness required and didn't seem to make sense. It would have to be 1000w+/150a ish?

Electricians?

Users who are viewing this thread