The HARD TRUTH about EVs

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
electric-car-fire.jpg

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Brutal. It mentions in the article that hertz bought 60k Polestars. I wonder what percent of overall sales this represents?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Where was this?

WRITTEN BY ABBY LIEBING ON MAY 12, 2022. POSTED IN NEWS AND OPINION

Electric Vehicle Charging Sparks Multiple House Fires​

electric car fire
About three weeks ago in Ashburn, Virginia, there was an electric vehicle charging malfunction that started a fire in a garage and caused more than $15,000 in damages.
That was not the only fire sparked by an electric vehicle, WTOP News reported. [bold, links added]

In Damascus, Maryland, on April 1, a fire started from an electric car charger in a garage and caused $350,000 in damages.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Just saw two of those new Fisker SUVs within a minute of each other on the drive home earlier. That was the first time seeing them and I thought they were Land Rovers at first. The dark satin blue paint looked pretty good on the one and the other looked black, or dark blue like the first. No idea where they even sell these things, but it is possible they had just come off the automotive transport station as it was right next to where I was.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
I went to my grandmother's funeral today (she was 95, good life) and saw one of my Uncles who lives in south Florida. He's been retired for over a decade now and decided to drive his EV (Lucid I think?? not a Tesla) from there to DFW. He had to PLAN his trip around his charging stations to ensure he'd make it, his wife.... told him she'd catch a flight as she had no intention of dealing with it. I LMAO'd at the whole thing and knew that I could make it to his house well before him if I were to race him home.

Users who are viewing this thread