The Hideous Bubble overflow tank is gone - MMR's new 2015 GT, Ecoboost & V6 reservoir

tt54l32v

Established Member
Add two barbed fittings on one side, one at the bottom, one at the top. Put a glass tube in between them. Like an old carb'd fuel filter but a bit more classy.
Sight Glass. Put the barbs on all the tanks and make it an option, seal them mechanically though if they dont want them. Could also be a good way to get a coolant tap for other needs.

Like this

Sight_Glass.png

Last edited:

jdcobra

Established Member
They should make a viewer on the side so you can see where the level is at. Other then that it's a nice piece !

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We somewhat agree but these are new cars, they should not be loosing coolant, and if the level is low you still need to remove the cap!

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Remove the cap , look inside. The reality is that if it is low you would need to remove the cap anyways to fill it. Thankfully most modern cars do not leak coolant.

Last edited:

hand-filer

Established Member
Exact same reasoning I used for keeping the factory reservoir and the Roush intercooler reservoir. I can tell at a glance that the intercooler pump is working and the engine coolant is full. I also respect freedom of choice.
it does look good, my only issue is the coolant level being out of sight and out of mind (like every other aftermarket tank)...only reason I still have the stock degas tank on my mach

Users who are viewing this thread