The Hunt For Red October is now a reality.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Modern diesel subs are still being built and in a littoral environment are formidable

Germany build an amazing diesel
IMG_9279.gif

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
But it is LifePo?...
Oh hell no. Old school lead acid. They are heavy and at the bottom of the hull in the forward compartment. In shipyard, I recall yard workers changing out the cells using a block and tackle in the aft part of the Torpedo Room. At one point, a cell slipped or moved out of position and crushed the guy’s hips.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Oh hell no. Old school lead acid. They are heavy and at the bottom of the hull in the forward compartment. In shipyard, I recall yard workers changing out the cells using a block and tackle in the aft part of the Torpedo Room. At one point, a cell slipped or moved out of position and crushed the guy’s hips.
I wouldnt want lithium onboard...a major fire hazzard imo...and fire on any ship is bad, but on a sub....yeah **** that...you know what im talkin about lol

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I wouldnt want lithium onboard...a major fire hazzard imo...and fire on any ship is bad, but on a sub....yeah **** that...you know what im talkin about lol
What it's just an enclosed space is all. Had a few family members that served on the Bat Fish and Memphis and they both said the last thing you wanted was an oxygen robing fire on board as you could quickly find out just how precious the O2 was onboard.

Users who are viewing this thread