The ignorance is amazing...Germany

Blixa_Bargeld

Notch-o Man
Established Member
Big Vito said:
Hurricanes don't hit China :shrug: Seriously though I agree Im guessing we are one of the cleaner nations. :beer:

China suffers from hurricanes. They call 'em typhoons.

In terms of CO2 emissions, we're number one! :banana:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
global warming cant happen because it would cause antarctica to melt, and would flood the earth.

god promised he would never flood the earth again: right?

Blixa_Bargeld

Notch-o Man
Established Member
spinscan said:
Just for the hell of it, present some valid evidence of global warming.

You can easily go to the website of any major university, do a search, and come up with thousands of peer-reviewed papers concerning all aspects of the issue.

May I suggest, www.umich.edu

Last edited:

WhistlePig

Bedroom Gangsta
Established Member
I don't see how "global warming" would have anything to do with hurricanes. Hurricanes have been occuring long before cars, enigines, etc etc...

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Blixa_Bargeld said:
China suffers from hurricanes. They call 'em typhoons.

In terms of CO2 emissions, we're number one! :banana:

CO2 isn't the #1 green house gas emission though, there's a gas that makes CO2 look like nothing in terms of producing a warming effect.

BhavinB

Established Member
WhistlePig said:
I don't see how "global warming" would have anything to do with hurricanes. Hurricanes have been occuring long before cars, enigines, etc etc...

I don't have web space, so I can't put up the full paper. But here's the Abstract from a high profile paper THIS month in the journal Nature.

"Theory(1) and modelling(2) predict that hurricane intensity should
increase with increasing global mean temperatures, but work on
the detection of trends in hurricane activity has focused mostly on
their frequency(3,4) and shows no trend.Here I define an index of the
potential destructiveness of hurricanes based on the total dissipation
of power, integrated over the lifetime of the cyclone, and show
that this index has increased markedly since the mid-1970s. This
trend is due to both longer storm lifetimes and greater storm
intensities. I find that the record of net hurricane power dissipation
is highly correlated with tropical sea surface temperature,
reflecting well-documented climate signals, including multidecadal
oscillations in the North Atlantic and North Pacific, and
global warming. My results suggest that future warming may
lead to an upward trend in tropical cyclone destructive potential,
and—taking into account an increasing coastal population—
a substantial increase in hurricane-related losses in the twentyfirst
century."

And here's a graph from another paper. You'll note the SUDDEN shift in average temperatures in the last few years. They call this the "hockey stick" image, cuz it sorta looks like one. There's a downwards trend in temperature, and then a sudden increase in the 20th century. They call the 1600-1900 the mini-ice age cuz the temperature went down. Most people who say the warming is a natural trend needs to cite precedent based on the SPEED of this increased temperature and not the level of increase.

EDIT: picture is in a reply below

Last edited:

AzDropTop

Established Member
Blixa_Bargeld said:
No there isn't. You’re living in 1992. Not even the coal industry's paid shills say there isn’t global warming resulting from human activity. The only argument left is in regard to the degree of change.

I'm not going to get into a yes there is, no there isn't debate with you, but...Yes there is. LOL Really. Just as many scientists disagree with you about global warming as those who do. Anyway, the post is about how stupid this one particular German dude is and how Lefty's will do anything to blame Bush for everything. Like if global warming is real, it wasn't around 5 years ago, or 20 for that matter.

spinscan

Established Member
Blixa_Bargeld said:
You can easily go to the website of any major university, do a search, and come up with thousands of peer-reviewed papers concerning all aspects of the issue.

May I suggest, www.umich.edu

Yeah, and I can also find wonderful, expert research supporting the opposite position. BFD.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I used to think just like everyone on here. This was until I did some serious research and realized the amount of C02 emissions over the past 50 years is unreal and downright dangerous not to the atmosphere, but to us.

It doesn't take a biologist to understand that burning fuel produces C02. The misunderstanding to all this is that all our plants can correct for this excessive amount by converting it to o2. Between the deforestation and vehicles, we're in for some interesting problems.

The Earth is tough. It corrects abnormalties. Let us hope it doesn't see humanity as one of these and "correct" it. :eek:

BhavinB

Established Member
got it to work:

gw.jpg

westtx47

Established Member
Blixa_Bargeld said:
No there isn't. You’re living in 1992. Not even the coal industry's paid shills say there isn’t global warming resulting from human activity. The only argument left is in regard to the degree of change.

+1

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
BhavinB said:
got it to work:

gw.jpg

That's a clear indication of something recent going on. Too many coincidences to be coincidental.

What else can we blame for the warming trend? Politicians' speaches?

Users who are viewing this thread