The Lightning that never was

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
After a supercharger that thing will hurt some feelings!

ABSOLUTELY!!
Roush did the 570 truck, regular cab. Thing was beastly.
[video=youtube;tFFjdZFllcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFFjdZFllcs[/video]

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Thanks Gentlemen! Yes 96 degrees plus here in Texas with a humidity of 300%.

I need to get around to tinting the windows soon. Also the truck is too quiet for my taste.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Also the truck is too quiet for my taste.

LOL I said the same thing about my truck. I had a Borla on my last truck which sounded awesome and getting into this one was like,......okay, where's the noise?? lol
I was thinking of just swapping out the muffler and going with the Spintech 9000.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
I like that a lot, i should have waited to get a f150 instead of my ram, i like my ram but im a ford guy at heart

Troponin

Established Member
You picked a great truck. My truck moves out and it's much, much heavier and has minimal mods beyond the supercharger. I focused on traction first and kind of wanted a bit of a sleeper. Other than the wheels, there is nothing indicating it's a fast truck.

You truck will be wicked fast

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
Need the headlights and wheels from a sport imo.
uploadfromtaptalk1464654995656.jpg
Heres my truck sport with apperance package, showing wheels and lights.

Maybe even the stripes too idk, I like them but im white and black so a its a nice contrast.

Either gonna be a cool truck when done

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

mavisky

Established Member
Always wanted to see someone build a new edition Lightning with a truck like this slammed but wearing the Raptor fenders to wedge fat tires underneath it.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Always wanted to see someone build a new edition Lightning with a truck like this slammed but wearing the Raptor fenders to wedge fat tires underneath it.

I was going to do the Raptor fenders and bedsides on my Tremor and then run airbags and a wide deep dish wheel if I could manage it. The Raptor bedsides are shorter than the bedside of the Tremor so you would have to add material. Not sure if you can option the RCSB with the same bed length. I wanted to do it and had the means to but I got sucked into buying the Shelby. Also, the Raptor parts are stupid expensive. You would be into that conversion $10k easily when it is all said and done unless you have a hookup or can do it yourself.

mavisky

Established Member
Wasnt that just a tarted up ecoboost with a graphic's package?

The Tremor wasn't even an option on Ford's website, but if you selected a 2wd regular cab with the Ecoboost, it just showed up when speccing the truck. It was almost hidden in their build sheet.

mavisky

Established Member
I was going to do the Raptor fenders and bedsides on my Tremor and then run airbags and a wide deep dish wheel if I could manage it. The Raptor bedsides are shorter than the bedside of the Tremor so you would have to add material. Not sure if you can option the RCSB with the same bed length. I wanted to do it and had the means to but I got sucked into buying the Shelby. Also, the Raptor parts are stupid expensive. You would be into that conversion $10k easily when it is all said and done unless you have a hookup or can do it yourself.

Yea I never meant for it to seem like I thought it was an easy task lol. That being said, this is the closest I've seen to that concept.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/09/the-ultimate-fun-haver-rtr-ford-f150/

IMG_1683.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread