The Minneapolis Police Choke an Unarmed Handcuffed Black Man to Death

nomoretickets

Established Member
what's your solution?
To start?
Independent prosecutors for police misconduct, unsealed police misconduct and discipline reports, civilian oversight boards, community policing strategies, mandatory retraining on deescalation and implicit bias. There are groups lobbying for these reforms nation wide. Happy to help you find one in your town.

pwrshft99

Established Member
Day 7?

No call from black leaders to end the violence?

Shouldnt protestors have demands? That was a big part of Caperdicks problem too. If you are going to have disruptive protest, atleast have an idea of what you are looking for. Not just a generic demand for 'change'

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
To start?
Independent prosecutors for police misconduct, unsealed police misconduct and discipline reports, civilian oversight boards, community policing strategies, mandatory retraining on deescalation and implicit bias. There are groups lobbying for these reforms nation wide. Happy to help you find one in your town.

while that's all fine and dandy for the issues with policing around the country, what's your solution to stop people rioting and looting and killing and beating innocent people and business owners?

robraySVT

Established Member
The hell is a WHTIE NEIGHBORHOOD? I live in a pretty nice house, black family on either side of me. To assume....that's racist.

I'm white, and most of my neighbors are hispanic and a few whites and blacks mixed in as well as asian. It's a very small neighborhood. We all get along great and watch each others backs. San Antonio as a whole, is probably 90% hispanic, so the major rioting and looting isn't going on here as far as I know.

nomoretickets

Established Member
Day 7?

No call from black leaders to end the violence?

Shouldnt protestors have demands? That was a big part of Caperdicks problem too. If you are going to have disruptive protest, atleast have an idea of what you are looking for. Not just a generic demand for 'change'
The irony of simultaneously criticizing violent protests and peaceful protests.

Don't protest like that! No, not like that either! Stop killing unarmed black men? Sorry, I'm confused, what is your demand?

nomoretickets

Established Member
while that's all fine and dandy for the issues with policing around the country, what's your solution to stop people rioting and looting and killing and beating innocent people and business owners?
All of the usual things that happen when. Individuals commit criminal acts. I'm not saying give anyone a free pass, I'm saying let's not forget that 1) the protests are overwhelmingly non-violent, and 2) there is a reason those protests are happening.

Last edited:

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
there is a reason those protests are happening.

I know every one of us in here would agree on this point, we're all up in arms because they've completely gotten away from the main reason.
You can't tell me crushing a store owners head with a rock and killing him is along the lines of completely acceptable now and none of us should be lashing out against the pieces of shit causing such community harm.

nomoretickets

Established Member
If you don't want people to lose focus on what you are protesting then don't start burning cities down.
if you think the biggest problem facing the black community is from the police you aren't going to solve anything.
There have been tens of thousands marching peacefully in CHI every day, but all you see on the news is the 100 or so shit heads who stay out all night agitating and taking advantage of the situation. To say nothing of all the videos of protestors trying to stop agitators from vandalism.

And no one is saying this is the only or the biggest problem. But it's the most visible right now, and let's face it. It's a bad problem.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Just a bunch of assholes taking advantage of the situation. Don't put

All of the usual things that happen when. Individuals commit criminal acts. I'm not saying give anyone a free pass, I'm saying let's not forget that 1) the protests are overwhelmingly non-violent, and 2) there is a reason those protests are happening.
Haha protests are overwhelmingly non violent, well except after 8:00... cliff notes on this thread for you- protests are ok and good to bring to light a problem. Beating people, burning, etc... is bad. I am sorry but people like you are part of the problem.

nomoretickets

Established Member
I know every one of us in here would agree on this point, we're all up in arms because they've completely gotten away from the main reason.
You can't tell me crushing a store owners head with a rock and killing him is along the lines of completely acceptable now and none of us should be lashing out against the pieces of shit causing such community harm.
See, there ya go. You are lumping everyone together. Millions of peaceful protestors with a greievence that is by your own admission legitimate, but you tar them all with the feather of a few agitators to defend a thread where some people seemed more than a bit too excited to "lock and load" and violently react to the protests.

Klay

Established Member
It was refreshingly surprising when this thread first started to see SVTP uniformly in agreement that what that officer did was wrong.

Which only makes it more disappointing to see this thread fall back into the same tired tropes: bash the media, something about Soros, and an overwhelming focus on the reaction to police brutality rather than on police brutality itself. Have y'all already forgotten that barely a week ago a man was murdered in the streets on camera?

If you are more upset by the protests than the fact that a cop slowly killed a handcuffed man then you need to reflect on your priorities.

It is hard for me to fathom people like you exist. Completely brainwashed to believe police are the enemy.

Not just that but you actually believe police killing one man justifies destroying dozens of cities and seeing countless peoples lives destroyed at the hands of these protestors. How can you be so callous and cold hearted to belittle the suffering of those at the hands of these protestors?

I guess proper use of force only matters when it is police against civilians. Doesn't matter if citizens go crazy and try to murder several cops. Doesn't matter when multiple people of color attack a person for simply being white (hate crime btw). It is all justified because George Floyd was killed by police. You should be ashamed of yourself.

nomoretickets

Established Member
Haha protests are overwhelmingly non violent, well except after 8:00... cliff notes on this thread for you- protests are ok and good to bring to light a problem. Beating people, burning, etc... is bad. I am sorry but people like you are part of the problem.
Yea. Millions of people out all day. A handful out at night. Do I need to explain numbers to you?

nomoretickets

Established Member
It is hard for me to fathom people like you exist. Completely brainwashed to believe police are the enemy.

Not just that but you actually believe police killing one man justifies destroying dozens of cities and seeing countless peoples lives destroyed at the hands of these protestors. How can you be so callous and cold hearted to belittle the suffering of those at the hands of these protestors?

I guess proper use of force only matters when it is police against civilians. Doesn't matter if citizens go crazy and try to murder several cops. Doesn't matter when multiple people of color attack a person for simply being white (hate crime btw). It is all justified because George Floyd was killed by police. You should be ashamed of yourself.
At what point did I ever try to say the rioting or looting was justified? I'll wait.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
See, there ya go. You are lumping everyone together. Millions of peaceful protestors with a greievence that is by your own admission legitimate, but you tar them all with the feather of a few agitators to defend a thread where some people seemed more than a bit too excited to "lock and load" and violently react to the protests.

I literally just said I agree with the peaceful protesting.

I do not agree with the other half who have an alternative motive, which is being well documented through every media outlet.

And I'm not defending or condoning the thoughts or actions of anyone in this thread, I just think that you're like many people who don't see anything wrong with what's going on THAT ISN'T PEACEFUL.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Nobody is saying the rioting is good. You don't have to like the rioting. I sure as shit don't. But I also don't forget what this is all actually about. Don't like the riots and protests? Do something to support a solution to the cause.

But when yiu got guys here saying it's a Soros Conspiracy and the lock and load and crush the cockroaches, its a bad look

Do you actually think the people who are rioting and looting give a shit about George Floyd? My moneys on most don’t even know who he is or could point him out in a lineup. There are 4 sets of protesters from what i can see. There are the peaceful protesters who are looking for change. Those are supported by most everyone and that includes many on this site. There are BLM. I support there protest as long as it’s peaceful which from what i have seen, it is. There is antifa who need to be crucified and then there are a mix of people who are just looting and rioting for the **** of it. They should be napalmed.

That last group and antifa is a bad look for all the ones who want change because its taking away from the message. Everyone is in agreement that the cops that killed George Floyd need to be prosecuted and sent to jail. What people don’t agree with is the rioting and looting, attacking cops, burning down businesses, assaulting/murdering white people (pretty much anyone not of color) etc.

So yes, anyone who plans to attack me personally, my loved ones, my home or business will be met with full force. I don’t give a **** what your race, religion, gender or “group” you think your apart of. End of story.

I think you need to take a step back and look at the situation and realize what it is. While you’re at it, take a hard look at MSM and what they are doing to divide this country.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

nomoretickets

Established Member
I literally just said I agree with the peaceful protesting.

I do not agree with the other half who have an alternative motive, which is being well documented through every media outlet.

And I'm not defending or condoning the thoughts or actions of anyone in this thread, I just think that you're like many people who don't see anything wrong with what's going on THAT ISN'T PEACEFUL.
Idk how many times I need to say that the violence is obviously wrong, but that that shouldnt be the fixation in this moment.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Do you think protesting during a pandemic is smart? I am sure nothing can possibly go wrong with that. These protests are the catalysts for the violence and looting.

You can't be serious with this. So if I hop over to the COVID thread you are pounding the table about how serious COVID is and how we need to give up our civil liberty for it? GTFO

There is a difference between protesting and looting BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread