The more I think about it, the more I should buy a Boss?

prez1967

Established Member
I'm looking into getting a new daily driver and automatically I thought to get a 2011-12 Mustang GT. I thought its a no brainer as it'll compliment my 1993 GT that i've owned for the past 16 years. The newer interiors are very nice and as i'm 6'6", I fit in it rather well.

Of course my mind started wandering on how I could fiddle with it. Better brakes here, better suspension there, etc etc.

The price difference between a "Brembo GT" vs a Boss 302 is about $5-10K (give or take).

Should I just buy the Boss and enjoy it bone stock for as many years as i'm lucky enough to do so? Or should I get the GT and fiddle with it slowly, enjoying it as I go?

I'm hoping others have been plagued with the same dilemma and can chime in.

prez1967

Established Member
Wouldnt be planning on building the Boss... I figure I'd save money buy not being tempted to mess with perfection?

Also, does anyone else find the factory Recaro seats to sit higher than the regular GT seats? I'm 6'6" and the Recaros sit a bit too high. I understand some Boss cars came with Non-Recaro interiors... would I be better off looking for one of these?

PC03GT

Established Member
I would still get the boss, it's an all around better car than the gt. I have had both none recaro and recaro seats I'm only 6 foot but I love my recaros. There's a lever that lowers them on the seat, I don't know if you tried it

Last edited:

prez1967

Established Member
I tried it, didnt seam to go low enough. Test drove a regular 2011 GT that same day with factory leather seats and fit just fine. Seemed to have more cushion in the plain seats and I sat lower in them.

hmmmmm. Any common problems on 2012 Boss cars I should be aware of?

FKing1

Established Member
IMO would go for a 13 Boss.
Has a few more nice features than the 12's. I had a 12 & now a 13.
Boss is one of the best Stangs ever built.

prez1967

Established Member
IMO would go for a 13 Boss.
Has a few more nice features than the 12's. I had a 12 & now a 13.
Boss is one of the best Stangs ever built.

As much as I appreciate the benefits of going with the '13... I really cant get over that front end. I much prefer the '12 nose. I do wish the 2012 cars had some venting on the hood but its still not a deal breaker as the car would be mainly a street car with the occasional HPDE or Auto-X.

FKing1

Established Member
13's have HID headlights, Sync, different nose which I prefer & hood vents.
Did not care for the white roof on my Kona Blue 12.
I respect your choice as it is your $$$.
In any case it is a great car.
I autocross mine in SCCA Solo & it is a blast.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Until last summer I've always owned trucks.....bought my 2012 boss and have loved every minute of it!!!! I'm with you I prefer the 12 front to the 13...and I have also modded mine....it's too hard to resist....good luck with your decision

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

LS2GTO

Established Member
I was in your position too until a few weeks ago.

But when I was able to get a brand new 2016 GT with the performance pack for thousands less than a 4 year old Boss with 20k miles it became a no brainer for me. Yeah it doesn't have the same mystique as the Boss, but considering it's on par performance wise and brand new I couldn't justify the used car. And the interior is light years away.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Love my new to me Boss.(it's a '12 with 24k miles that I bought 3 weeks ago and dropped $3k into to get it where I like it) Numbered car with a great motor and incredible handling/chassis dynamics. I love the classic Mustang look versus the new euro look. To each their own. I've been getting so many looks and thumbs up I don't even know what to do with myself it's almost embarrassing daily driving this thing LOL

IMG_4709.JPG

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Get the boss, it's a better platform to build off of.

very true... motors are tough as nails and a good bit stronger than a base GT because of stronger forged rods and forged pistons.

They'll take 750+ whp with ease.. many of them well over 800.

The Boss is a great car. I would not hesitate buying one.

+1.

I sold the car in my sig and have the itch to buy a new gt350 or a :cough: new left over z28 but I keep coming back to a used Boss 302 with under 10k miles.

Theyre damn good cars and a HELL of a platform to start from.

My vote would absolutely be 2013 with Recaros.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread