The new gt-350 should have been the current gt!!!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
i like the new gt but not as much as i like my modded 12. But if the the new gt-350 had been the current gt ,ie: - flat plane v8 lightened 6 speed trans thats not an mt-82, aluminum front quarter panels and hood, aggressive tires and suspension....etc I would have taken a closer look. Then the soon to be gt-500 would be the top dog car thats outta my price range. What do you guys think?

Voltwings

Established Member
I think people need to settle down with the unrealistic expectations. Ford always has to leave themselves room to grow, you cant give "the best of the best" year after year, because you'll run out pretty damn quick. Ford did that with the 5.0, they gave us a 420 hp 5.0L, and then again with the roadrunners 444 hp 5.0 and now anything under 500 hp and 3400 lbs people are disappointed with...

Sure, i would love if this car was the base GT, but it would make no difference because it would still have to cost (what i'm guessing is going to be...) $50-60k and i couldnt afford one anyways. Assume it was though, then what? The gt500 has 600 hp? 700 hp? Thats cool, what about the next model run? Well obviously anything under 700-750 hp will just a massive failure in peoples eyes and we deserve better! It will never end, eventually we need to learn to be happy where we are with what we have. if 5 years ago you told me We'd have this car from Ford i'd tell you you were smokin some good shit, yet here we are ... we just need to let the guys up stairs run their course. They havent let me down yet, so i'm willing to let them do their thing.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
the gt has always been a cheap car. LOL a lot of guys have been spoiled with the 2011+ mustang. especially the guys that got the 2011+ as the first mustang. The GT has always been a cheap car with little expectations. no six speed transmission. not to much power. not much handling. not very pretty. after 2011 it seems like people have completely forgot the blood line of the mustang gt. Its one of the reasons why I LOL when I hear people complaining about noisy transmission gear whine and things like that.

so why would ford make the GT their flagship mustang now? LOL

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Sooo, you want the new GT to make 500-550 horsepower with a cutting-edge engine technology, have MagneRide suspension, Michelin PSS tires, and cost $32-45,000? Shoot, me too! It would be even better if they paid me to take one.

The 2015 GT is right where it should be. Chevy fanboys aside, it's a massively superior car to the majority of people. It may need better shocks to beat the 1LE around a road course, but every comparison states that it's a much nicer car overall. That's what's going to sell them. Stock for stock arguments are dumb to me anyway. I never keep a car stock, so I look at what it CAN be when I buy it.

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Well a loaded gt costing more then $45k is outrageous for what you get. The new Gt-350 will be $51k and you get alot more car for $51k then you do for 45k with the gt premium...

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
The 350 will start at 51k. It will have an expensive options list too, I'm sure. You don't get a better performing car for the difference in the base and premium GT, you just get a more comfortable, convenient, and techy car. Optional extras are only worth what you want them to be as an individual.

Lemers

Established Member
You might see this engine trickle down into the GT or other future special editions (Mach 1, Bullet), but as long as it's more cost effective to tweet the coyote that's what the GT will keep getting.

Now, this is what the 50th anniversary car should have been.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Well a loaded gt costing more then $45k is outrageous for what you get. The new Gt-350 will be $51k and you get alot more car for $51k then you do for 45k with the gt premium...
Wow..how did you get such privies information? You must be an insider with Ford to know the base price of the GT350 will be 51k....

How is it outrageous that a fully loaded GT is 45-46k? That includes BLIS, adaptive cruise control, leather Recaro's, PP, premium trim, rear sensors, shaker, enhanced security package, NAV, etc. ask me how I know? My GT PP is 46k. I think it is a great deal for everything that comes on the car and the performance and refinement it offers.

If the GT350 was revealed earlier, I would've placed an order for that car with the tech package.

Lemers

Established Member
Wow..how did you get such privies information? You must be an insider with Ford to know the base price of the GT350 will be 51k....

How is it outrageous that a fully loaded GT is 45-46k? That includes BLIS, adaptive cruise control, leather Recaro's, PP, premium trim, rear sensors, shaker, enhanced security package, NAV, etc. ask me how I know? My GT PP is 46k. I think it is a great deal for everything that comes on the car and the performance and refinement it offers.

If the GT350 was revealed earlier, I would've placed an order for that car with the tech package.

If you put a BMW badge on the mustang everyone would think all that for $46k is a steel.

SCalla1384

Established Member
The coyote is such a stellar motor, think ford would dump it after 4 years? I'm sure the coyote motor will be around for quite some time. Certain changes here and there.

04svtsnke

Established Member
the gt has always been a cheap car. LOL a lot of guys have been spoiled with the 2011+ mustang. especially the guys that got the 2011+ as the first mustang. The GT has always been a cheap car with little expectations. no six speed transmission. not to much power. not much handling. not very pretty. after 2011 it seems like people have completely forgot the blood line of the mustang gt. Its one of the reasons why I LOL when I hear people complaining about noisy transmission gear whine and things like that.

so why would ford make the GT their flagship mustang now? LOL

I'm truly in line with this. People have come to view the GT as some elite car. It's the middle of the road mustang at its finest hour. I hope ford never puts the FPC in any version of the gt or any of the specific parts of the gt350 because it's what separates it from its lesser brethren. Ford has done a great job keeping the classes of mustang where they need to be.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Ok so heres a thought the gt-350 starts at 51k and with options and dealer mark up its probably gonna be 65k, in the hellcat range! This car at that price wont even come close to the hellcat performance wise even with it being a lighter car. If i had 65k to spend the hellcat is an easy decision. But the gt-350 at $51k with all the goodies would be an easy choice over the hellcat. All I'm saying is the gt premium fully loaded at 46k is overpriced and if you can get a gt-350 for $51k with some of the goodies its a better deal then the gt premium. The sticker on my 12 gt was 35k i got it for 29k in 2011. My same equipped car in a 2015 is 39k and what do i get irs and a nicer interior? Wait its more comfortable too...lol. the #s don't add up! Did you know you could get a 6.4 -475 hp challenger with all the goodies for less then 40k? I think ford needs to re-evaluate its pricing!

Voltwings

Established Member
You have a very skewed concept of what "performance" seems to mean... The GT350 is built for the track, and you're smokin some good shit if you think the hellcat will outperform it there, and if the hellcat beats the GT-350 in the 1/4, well then congratulations, with ~200 more hp it should. You also apparently have a hard time appreciating the true value the 2015 carries over the S197 as far as all the upgrades included, especially seeing as how that 475hp 6.4L challenger is still 4200+ lbs ... splain me that from a "performance" standpoint.

rrg9946

Established Member
i like the new gt but not as much as i like my modded 12. But if the the new gt-350 had been the current gt ,ie: - flat plane v8 lightened 6 speed trans thats not an mt-82, aluminum front quarter panels and hood, aggressive tires and suspension....etc I would have taken a closer look. Then the soon to be gt-500 would be the top dog car thats outta my price range. What do you guys think?

Umm the 2015 Mustang GT has aluminum front fenders....

Users who are viewing this thread