The new gt-350 should have been the current gt!!!

Voltwings

Established Member
The hellcat needs tires regardless of what type of track it's on no doubt. While it's heavy, I think with a decent set of tires and a few tweaks to the suspension, you'd be surprised, the trick is the driver knowing how to modulate use of the abundance of power. People felt the same way about mid late 60s GT500's when compared to GT350's, I race with them guys all the time at Hallett Motor Speedway in Tulsa, Ok. 350's pass them in the corners 500's come back on the straights and it's a cat and mouse game. They actually run very similar times, obviously track depending the more straight aways the better the chances increase for the Hellcat. He'll They took Kansas Speedway(Nascar) and put an road course in the middle of the infield and it enters/exits the speedway for the better part of 1.25 Miles. In that example a Hellcat would put unrecoverable lengths on a GT350. The Nurburgring is only one track.

If you've ever ran at TWS, thats me haha. I'm a monster the 1st half of the track ... still working on the second half. Got bigger tires and stiffer suspension this time around so we'll see.

Branhammer

Established Member
Agree completely, I know the 11-14's were priced the same. Which is why I have a base '13 ;) Initial cost of vehicle was a whopping 26,800 out the door. That's less than a Base Taurus and "well equipped" fusion money.

That's a hell of a deal. Were there good rebates? That sounds well below invoice.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
That's a hell of a deal. Were there good rebates? That sounds well below invoice.

I got my 2012 GT for 26.6K. There were nice rebates and X plan.

I was pretty set on trading up to a 2015/16 (depending on if Ford gives it a bump next year performance wise), but now I think I have to have a GT350.

vergil

Established Member
Everybody keeps saying s550 performs very well around the track, the vids and info we have so far says the opposite, It can't even beat the main rival. "2015 pp is faster than the Boss" well they haven't showed us anything yet. Evolution is necessary to survive, Of course things will change and get better that's why you don't see early 2000 interiors anymore but they are not enough for some people like me to spend 40K for a Mustang. I agree with OP. Our biggest complain with previous model is the transmission and for that money I think they could put that Tremec or anything better than Mt 82.

Last edited:

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I want Rolls Royce interior, Veyron performance, NSA connectivity, time travel capable, warp drive option, with the variable rear end ratio for under $23K, or this car is a complete failure. What the hell are some of you smoking, and where can I get some?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Everybody keeps saying s550 performs very well around the track, the vids and info we have so far says the opposite, It can't even beat the main rival. "2015 pp is faster than the Boss" well they haven't showed us anything yet. Evolution is necessary to survive, Of course things will change and get better that's why you don't see early 2000 interiors anymore but they are not enough for some people like me to spend 40K for a Mustang. I agree with OP. Our biggest complain with previous model is the transmission and for that money I think they could put that Tremec or anything better than Mt 82.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-rev...erformance-car-of-the-year-at-the-motown-mile

Knocking on the door of 1.5 seconds quicker than the boss 302 at Motown.

Remember, the GT has less tire, weighs more and is slower in a straight line than the Boss 302.

vergil

Established Member

Branhammer

Established Member
I want Rolls Royce interior, Veyron performance, NSA connectivity, time travel capable, warp drive option, with the variable rear end ratio for under $23K, or this car is a complete failure. What the hell are some of you smoking, and where can I get some?

Are you crazy? $23k is way too much for that. I wouldn't pay more than $20k.

I love the bitch-fest on here. People complain that it isn't enough car, then when they MAKE it enough car, they bitch about price. News flash: Shit costs money.

Lemers

Established Member
Are you crazy? $23k is way too much for that. I wouldn't pay more than $20k.

I love the bitch-fest on here. People complain that it isn't enough car, then when they MAKE it enough car, they bitch about price. News flash: Shit costs money.

Really, shit costs money? Whats the market value for a pile?

Users who are viewing this thread