the not so new noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
WOW good to see this keep going...

anyway ill go over this and comment on what needs commented on.

ian id just like to ask...

did you or did you not send linn about 1 PM a week saying i was posting something i shouldnt be? never sending her links or proof... she would say something to me about it and have no idea what the hell you were talking about. i have was derek@amazon for nearly 5 years now(think Feb, will be 5 years) and NO ONE ever said anything to her about how i posted up until i started posting on LR. as you can see its not just me and stan tired of the lie's he posts. the man who made him who he is is even tired of it. like hostile said you need to step out side the box for a few weeks and go back and read all the lies and bull shit he claims. look at it from a point of view where you are having to try to make a living doing this. and when he posts lies like ONLY PLACE TO GET METCO RAILS... "LOCAL SHOP SENT THEM WRONG INJECTORS" (which i know for sure you know is a lie now)... NUMBER 1 IN SCT SALES... FIRST TO GET THE FORE HAT... FIRST TO GET THIS FIRST TO GET THAT ONLY PLACE TO GET THIS... his lies are all over the place. most people just dont see the fact that they are lie's. i keep my mouth shut and just let him post since i know he would go back in the mod forums and cry like a little baby.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
As Okie said this section of the forum is pretty damned tight knit, this thread is not something I would have expected to be posted...let alone allowed to stay open.

think it was the fact that honestly i was VERY pissed off that it came to this. i have talked to linn about it and it wasnt something they wanted to do. she was just tired of listening to people bitch and cry about everything i posted.

I guess we just don't look at this one the same. If a vendor has a history of dishonesty I would want to know about it so I could judge any future statements from it with that in mind.

:beer:

yup...

Just sucks that the man can't defend himself, but I guess he made his bed so he's gotta lay in it. (getting banned)

he wasnt just banned once here...

yup, i got my metco rails from another vendor even before he had them.

holy shit say it aint so... but he's the onlye one that has them...

No one is trying to stir up trouble. Just a bunch of us are sick of JJ's manipulation. I understand some of you are friends with him but others of us have seen through the nice, condescending, bullshit post of his. Step outside the box for just a second and then make your decision. Like JL said. He's been around then disappeared for the same reasons now. I believe this is good information for people making decisions for the vendor of their choice.

well said man! im just tired of the bull shit and lie. along with him crying like a little bitch everything i post ANYTHING

cough... Amazon.... cough

if i can drive it to them to let rick do the motor thats who im going with. if not i dunno what i'll be doing

Why are you so insistent that this should be moved to smackdown? While this thread is completly ot there is important info here that pertains to the gen 2 section. on l rodder the crap flies over there all too often, and everyone sides with JJ. even when he is repeatedly found in the wrong. I understand to some degree in business everyone wants to hype their own products but flat out lying to customers/potention customers is wrong, even if is is over the net, and he has "some great customer service" it has also been proven he goes into other vendor discussion threads under different screennames and post negitive remarks and often flat out lies.

this has no business in smackdown, its fine here where those the info pertains to will se it!:bash:

even after the truth is posted people still think he's not lieing... as for different screen names... check out onehotlightning

I just want to say i agree with stan and derek concerning this individual..

thanks man!!

Derek, I think you have always conducted you self in a professional manner were right to point out all JJ's lies. I have never taken to think of any of your post as basking or draging down a thread like Stan's.

Me personally, I am really getting sick of JJ's BS and hearing how great of a tuner he is bla bla bla. These trucks have been out for a long time and all the major vendors out there have them pretty well figured out by now. I was a customer or JJ's and and had him tune my truck via Email and had some of his suspension products. His tune almost blew my truck up(thats for another time) and when i confronted him about it seem like he didn't even care that I almost blew my motor up and his suspension products are lacking lots R and D and are now off my truck. So I am in now way swinging on his nuts.

thanks man...

and yes his suspension lacks ALOT of R&D just the fact that he has had ATLEAST 2 racks break already is proof enough

noahdr

Established Member
We just need a wealthy someone to create a site that has no supporting vendors. Thats the cause of all the problems. So much good info and personal ingenuity has been lost due to pissed off vendors or moderators...

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
If you drove a TBSS, these problems wouldnt be happening. J/K
Long live the Lightning!

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
WOW good to see this keep going...

anyway ill go over this and comment on what needs commented on.

ian id just like to ask...

did you or did you not send linn about 1 PM a week saying i was posting something i shouldnt be? never sending her links or proof... she would say something to me about it and have no idea what the hell you were talking about. i have was derek@amazon for nearly 5 years now(think Feb, will be 5 years) and NO ONE ever said anything to her about how i posted up until i started posting on LR. as you can see its not just me and stan tired of the lie's he posts. the man who made him who he is is even tired of it. like hostile said you need to step out side the box for a few weeks and go back and read all the lies and bull shit he claims. look at it from a point of view where you are having to try to make a living doing this. and when he posts lies like ONLY PLACE TO GET METCO RAILS... "LOCAL SHOP SENT THEM WRONG INJECTORS" (which i know for sure you know is a lie now)... NUMBER 1 IN SCT SALES... FIRST TO GET THE FORE HAT... FIRST TO GET THIS FIRST TO GET THAT ONLY PLACE TO GET THIS... his lies are all over the place. most people just dont see the fact that they are lie's. i keep my mouth shut and just let him post since i know he would go back in the mod forums and cry like a little baby.

Derek,

I was enforcing a fairly simple rule that was in place, I did have to contact Linn, but last week was not the first time I had to do so, you made it a habit of constantly jumping in to JJ bashfests, but at the same time you were a SV on LR, as was JJ, I also did provide Linn with Links to the threads in question, but she often said she did not have time to bother reading the thread. Linn said to me on the phone, that her and Rick have heard this type of complaint before I started contacting them, and they have had discussions about your posting habits in the past, I guess they give me a different story than they gave you. That is unfortunate.

I don't know how many people quietly said to themselves "What the F**K happened to Ian?" after I was appointed as a moderator on LR, I even stopped sharing my opinion of JLP, I realized it was unproductive and and would do me no good.

As for the Metco situation, I got a phonecall from Mr. Kincaid, the owner of metco while I was on vacation, apparently Linn gave him my cel phone number so he could call me and let me know what the fuel rail situation was, he did explain to me that it was a CAD/CNC programming error on Metco's part, I requested he contact JJ to let him know, as Chrissy the sales girl told JJ the "local shop" story. To this date JJ has not gotten a phonecall explaining that it was a CAD/CNC issue.

The suppliers to the vendors have one goal, to sell product, to that end, they will always want to keep their customers happy, so they can tell Mark@LFP he sells the most of this, and tell the guys at Lethal they sell the most, and tell JJ he sells the most, give me a break, do you think half these car dealerships are the #1 volume leader in the northeast 5 years running, it is all marketing hype to get their dealers to sell more of whatever they make, if you think Metco, Fore, Whipple or anyone else does not tell their dealers something that may be sugar coated from time to time then you need to wake up.

Also you must forget all the time I spent on the phone with Rick and Spencer trying to mediate their conflict over tunes and PRP software, I went out of my way and beyond the call of duty to not only stop inflamatory posts on LR but to also quell the situation so Rick would not be brutually flamed on any other site, Rick and Linn thanked me profusley for doing what I did, as I know Rick has no time to deal with forum drama, and is a very busy man.

If you have a problem with JJ, then fine, I am not here to defend him or his actions, I am here to justify and clarify MY actions, I am not a representative of or employed by WMS, and will not be dragged into a debate about what JJ said or did, period. We all get it Derek, you hate JJ, it is getting old, move on. You are doing an excellent job of making youself look like one of those people who do nothing but troll after a particular vendor from forum to forum just to bash them, I don't think you want that stigma placed on you.

here is one last example of how futile your efforts will actually be.

Member#123 posts up about Mark @ LFP screwing him over, sending the wrong thing, or nothing, or no refund for months, or whatever the hell it is, so I do my job and call Mark to let him know of the situation, oddly enough, when the thread gets big an ugly I call him back and his answer is often "Business for a few days went up like 20%"..........................So if you think you cain ruin someones business with a flamewar, think again.

Ian

Sorry for the long post guys.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Member#123 posts up about Mark @ LFP screwing him over, sending the wrong thing, or nothing, or no refund for months, or whatever the hell it is, so I do my job and call Mark to let him know of the situation, oddly enough, when the thread gets big an ugly I call him back and his answer is often "Business for a few days went up like 20%"..........................So if you think you cain ruin someones business with a flamewar, think again.

not trying to hurt shit... i just want the truth out there for everyone.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Alright guys. The truth seems to have been told. Can we put the differences aside and go back to normal?

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I am going to clarify what led to our decision
1.JJ has challenged Derek's role as part of our organization ever since he registerd on LR as Derek@Amazon
2. Ian has contacted me on several occassions citing a LR rule that he said Derek was breaking concerning his posting on other sites about JJ.
3 .his interpretation of the rule was that no vendor or member of LR can post about or in a thread where a vendor or member of LR is being discussed. I asked for clarity of this rule as I had never heard of one sites rules carrying over to include any other site.
4. I have never seen Derek post anything negative about JJ until this thread but I talked to him about it.I think he made a concentrated effort to comply.
5.I was once again contacted by Ian citing yet another post made by Derek. I looked at it and saw noting wrong with what he had posted.. he did not talk about JJ or insinuate anything about JJ but I guess his offense was that he posted in a thread about JJ. his posts were actually off topic
6.Derek was removed because we felt he was being unfairly singled out by a vendor and moderator of LR and thought it best to remove him from the line of fire
7. WE have been told by JJ that we are better off not having Derek as a rep.Rick and I are both extremely unhappy at being manipulated in this manner. the rule in question as per the site owner was never intended to be interpreted as it had been presented to me
8. it was JJs constaint complaining and Ian's misinterpretation of rule #8 that led to our decision to remove Derek from the line of fire.. it was obvious that he was going to be a target no matter what we did to try to comply to the rules of the site.
9. the site rule has now been changed
10. JJ is now trying to have all of Dereks posts removed since he is no longer Derek@Amazon
11. Derek is one of the longest known Amazon supporters. he is like a son to us and was a vital part of our company..if anyone thinks for one minute that we did this to protect Amazon they are wrong.. we did this to protect Derek

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
I am going to clarify what led to our decision
1.JJ has challenged Derek's role as part of our organization ever since he registerd on LR as Derek@Amazon

Why would he do that?

2. Ian has contacted me on several occassions citing a LR rule that he said Derek was breaking concerning his posting on other sites about JJ.

He was in violation of rule #8 "creating an unpleasant enviroment due to actions on another site"

3 .his interpretation of the rule was that no vendor or member of LR can post about or in a thread where a vendor or member of LR is being discussed. I asked for clarity of this rule as I had never heard of one sites rules carrying over to include any other site.

The interpertaion was because you are both SV's on LR and a higher level of courtesy is expected.

4. I have never seen Derek post anything negative about JJ until this thread but I talked to him about it.I think he made a concentrated effort to comply.

I can send a list of threads where he partook in others bashing of him, I have sent others, but you told me you did not have the time to read the threads.

5.I was once again contacted by Ian citing yet another post made by Derek. I looked at it and saw noting wrong with what he had posted.. he did not talk about JJ or insinuate anything about JJ but I guess his offense was that he posted in a thread about JJ. his posts were actually off topic

You 100% aggreed to have Derek avoid and JJ/WMS based topics, and JJ aggreed to avoid any and all ATS topic, you stated clearly that Derek would be informed, and I made it clear I did not want him to be dropped as your rep unless you determined that was needed. I simply asked for you to have him comply with the rules in place.

6.Derek was removed because we felt he was being unfairly singled out by a vendor and moderator of LR and thought it best to remove him from the line of fire.

The decisoon to remove derek was 100% up to yourself and Rick, I certainly made it clear I was not out to have him removed, simply to have him extend the professional courtesy of avoiding another vendors threads which was requested.

7. WE have been told by JJ that we are better off not having Derek as a rep.Rick and I are both extremely unhappy at being manipulated in this manner. the rule in question as per the site owner was never intended to be interpreted as it had been presented to me

Being told to do something and being given someones opinion are very different, and the distinction must be made.

8. it was JJs constaint complaining and Ian's misinterpretation of rule #8 that led to our decision to remove Derek from the line of fire.. it was obvious that he was going to be a target no matter what we did to try to comply to the rules of the site.

Since rule #8 has been amended, you are free to reinstate Derek as your rep, and he will be free to say whatever he likes on this and other sites, I have spoken with the site owner and he aggreees you can reinstate Derek at any time as your business internet rep.

9. the site rule has now been changed

Yes it has.

10. JJ is now trying to have all of Dereks posts removed since he is no longer Derek@Amazon

That is not happeneing, as per site owner of LR.

11. Derek is one of the longest known Amazon supporters. he is like a son to us and was a vital part of our company..if anyone thinks for one minute that we did this to protect Amazon they are wrong.. we did this to protect Derek

As I said you may reinstate Derek at any time, I have no issue at all with it, he of course must maintain a profession decorum on LR, if he chooses not to on other sites that is up to him and yourself as one of the business owners.

I hope this clears things up Linn, I have always found our conversations to be pleasant, even if the topic was not, and I will continue to do my job to its fullest on LR, in fairly enforcing the rules of that forum.

Thank you,

Ian Schwartz

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Ian

I feel that you have oversteped your boundaries as a moderator.. as I have stated both you and JJ were the direct catalist that lead to our decision..your presentation weight heavily on the outcome of our decision

I think you should leave this thread as you can not be objective ..and your loyalites lay with JJ... do not waste any more of our time with this issue..any future matters that pop up on LR will be handled directly with the site owner..

Derek is now free to voice his opinons free of the encumberance of being linked to a vendor ..all else is irrelevant

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Well, I think this has gone on long enough. It looks like everyone knows where everybody else stands. If there's still a problem with how things are ran on another site I suggest that it be handled there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread